+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NERF Sab!

Telaran

Default NERF Sab!

Can move non stop and never stop dps, crazy aoe without having to get in the thick of things like warrior, tons of utility on top of that, put enough in marksman and noone ever catchs you, my rank 3 rogue can own warfronts with pve gear....really trion??? On top of all that you had to make it a ridiculously simple rotation.

Telaran

I smell a troll.
    eXile Corp- Level 60 Rogue class leader - Icewatch
    Frozen Tempest 4/4 - Endless Eclipse 5/5 - HM 2/4 - GA 4/4

Majorin made another account, how cute!
    Even free cost too much now

DB1

lol sab is garbage in WF I play Blinkblade or ranger and only calling that worries me are War's everyone else is lol

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

just a troll account. All his posts are "the sky is falling" type starting with his first one in April about being PA capped the month he joined.

Just disregard...let him be happy paying a second account just to troll :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    just a troll account. All his posts are "the sky is falling" type starting with his first one in April about being PA capped the month he joined.

Just disregard...let him be happy paying a second account just to troll :P
    Do people actually behave like this?

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    lol sab is garbage in WF I play Blinkblade or ranger and only calling that worries me are War's everyone else is lol
    People like you are why rogues haven't been nerfed in PVP thanks
    Last edited by Zaros; 06-21-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

If you've been browsing the forums in pvp and others, there's quite a bit of trolling (which may be true based on opinion) going on in forums for a change in souls and specs and the like.

For instance nerf sab, which although understandable in the eyes of the chart, is quite unreasonable to. It is an aoe soul designed to push aoe on big groups. If you're huddled up like it'll protect you more, you're a bit wrong on that note. It is in my opinion better to spread out when a sab is about. (oh yes, a rhyme.) This reduces the sab's choice of who to apply burst to.

The damage is big because it takes time to set up. As a p40 rogue myself, I have fun using sab when it is the better choice against zergs/ huddle bunnies. My charges do about maybe 120-300 on higher valored targets per one such as warriors, but it is devastating to overall lesser valored and subpar health players.
    The call from others to nerf sab is because we can be burst heros in dire situations (or moderate ones, eh) such as there being lots of healers or there's too many people. Granted, we do tons of damage in these kinds of situations, a semi decent healer or two can actually heal through this burst with just spamming healing communion/DoL.
    I think of sab as the counter to steady healing, it pushes healers to consume more mana, but at the same time healers are the counter to sabs, as they're healing the damage we do.

Then there are warriors who walts into our team's huddle and riftstorms away in groups. Yes one riftstorm is moderate damage, but two and more is triple (dur) the moderate damage. They have high health, decent defense, and quite a bit of damage reduction and can also aoe easily while not worrying too much about health with a healer about. And there gapclosers are nothing to gawk at either.

Do rogues have such versatility in one spec? Not really. Do we excel in what our specs are for? yes. The closest spec we have to riftstorming warriors is nb/rs, which does not include much aoeing nor migitation. We do have cds though, good for moments while warriors are good for as long as they're alive and buffed.

lowblow to warrior at half post, yay! (Don't take it to heart, just know they hit like a brick to the skull.)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabbed View Post
    Can move non stop and never stop dps, crazy aoe without having to get in the thick of things like warrior, tons of utility on top of that, put enough in marksman and noone ever catchs you, my rank 3 rogue can own warfronts with pve gear....really trion??? On top of all that you had to make it a ridiculously simple rotation.
    /facepalm

You can only put 10 points in Marks dude. Otherwise sab becomes useless. At least know what you are talking about before complaining.

We also are about the squishiest spec known to man, and don't have the range of a marksman. We have extremely bursty dps. We do damage in large chunks therefore it is not nonstop DPS. After our opening rotation we have 5 seconds in between each damaging cooldown until rapid setup goes off cooldown.

In short another guy who got killed and knows nothing about the class whining for it to be nerfed. You people ruin PVP in MMO's.

Also the rotation is not at all simple. Unless you play it poorly and then you aren't doing decent damage.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 06-21-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: disregard, didn't realize it was a Majorin troll account
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Backstabbed View Post
    *checks his calendar to see if he's gone back in time to 2011*

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Also the rotation is not at all simple. Unless you play it poorly and then you aren't doing decent damage.
    You need to give me a good rotation then, bc I was playing with a simple one and devouring souls. ;)
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    /facepalm

You can only put 10 points in Marks dude. Otherwise sab becomes useless. At least know what you are talking about before complaining.

We also are about the squishiest spec known to man, and don't have the range of a marksman. We have extremely bursty dps. We do damage in large chunks therefore it is not nonstop DPS. After our opening rotation we have 5 seconds in between each damaging cooldown until rapid setup goes off cooldown.

In short another guy who got killed and knows nothing about the class whining for it to be nerfed. You people ruin PVP in MMO's.

actually you can put 11 points into mm sacraficing 3% from damage from rs to get on the double which only has a 30 second cd. its much better to be able to get away from someone targeting you. and the time you save from dying, waiting for the respawn timer, and getting to where the action is again is crucial. all the bombs and charges you can throw inbetween that time definately makes up for the 3% easily. also not just using the on the double as a get away but also using it in warfronts with no mounts to get to the action faster, possibly saving some people before its too late. sab has the same range as mm does. i just nerf'd your trolling pretty hard.
    Last edited by Ehxon; 06-22-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehxon View Post
    sab has the same range as mm does. i just nerf'd your trolling pretty hard.
    I'm pretty sure this is incorrect. The extra range from MM only effects MM and Ranger abilities. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    People like you are why rogues haven't been nerfed in PVP thanks
    Sab hasn't been nerfed in pvp because there's no reason for it to be. If sab is overpowered then wth are warriors?
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-22-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Are Sab charges still cleanable pvp?

Allllllllrighty then.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Sab is the same as Blinks in PvP. Both capitalize on stupid people not paying attention. Trion created a new WF because stupid people tried to handle an unique mechanic the same way as any other. "I'll stand in his way and block his path" said the cleric as the rogue used him to port even further....

inb4 1.9 Patch notes #4 New Library of the Noob WF: "Debufs cant stack...so sabs can only apply 1 charge per player"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast