+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue tanks viable? Leathys only

Rift Chaser

Default Rogue tanks viable? Leathys only

Ok im a rogue tank and ive tanked drak / scryer / ituziel / easy mode conclave / rusila and leathys where the latter wasnt succesfull yet the previous ones me and my guild were succesfull with me tanking them!

Now i dont know how rare rogue tanks are nowadays but i only know 1 good one that discusses stuff with me about rogue tanks!

i would like other rogue tanks and also warrior and cleric tanks to chip in here and explain why certain tanks are better for the Leathys fight and only the leathys fight right now!

Like this:
    Cleric tank for leathys adds cause of DOL spam easy picking them up

or

warrior tank for leathys cause of void knight soul?

something like that but plz support it with arguments and reasoning im trying to see how far we have come and how much or how little we are still short or maybe even ahead ahum!

All input will be greatly appreciated

Greetz styxxey

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post

Like this:
    Cleric tank for leathys adds cause of DOL spam easy picking them up

or

warrior tank for leathys cause of void knight soul?
    Warrior tank for Laethys for Cutting Distraction (extra armor debuff). That plus more hps to counter spike damage from breath. It would be more difficult to meet the dps requirement missing the armor debuff. Irrc it's 40k dps on Laethys alone to get through P1 which is the same as I see some raids doing on Ituziel, plus you need to aoe down the adds. DPS requirement is pretty high.

Cleric tank for DoL spam to pick up adds yea.

They might have intended this encounter to use 3 tanks (rogue tank picks up the dude who snares and can port him to the raid to be burnt down) but there's no reason to use 3 tanks. Adding the third tank will make meeting the dps requirement more difficult.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-20-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Chaser

how much dps would cutting distraction give and what EXACtly does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxey View Post
    how much dps would cutting distraction give and what EXACtly does it do?
    It lowers armor. It gives as much as 2-3k dps across the raid maybe more. Depends on how many physical dps your raid has.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rogue tank can easily do tanking on Laethys herself but on adds its annoying, last nigth I did it almost perfect keeping on aggro on them is not an issue but funny thing is they reflect rift barrier damage with golden horde skill and its chain reflecting I almost killed one add myself he was %20ish hp...

Damage on me sometimes were easily healable but sometimes It was peaking like crazy, seems with 1 puri on you with chloro easily doable but not as easy cleric sadly.

They should look for that reflecting reflect damage back stuff, had 1.5k dps as tank )) while tanking adds...
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread