+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MM pvp question

Telaran

Default MM pvp question

HI all i have been gone from the game way ...way to long.. back when MM had pedeastools BUT im back and i wanted to make a pvp build with MM as it feature...

please critique.. i wanted to add the mobility of rifstalker with some def cds of blade dancer.. i feel my damage m might be laughable..but those who have stuck with the game may know for real.

here is the link. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0do.VcdczMz.-6

44MM/22RS/0 BD

44 MM for Eradicate (if you're running MM, take eradicate)
    22 RS gives one more defensive CD
    0 BD still gives Sidesteps

don't really lose much from dropping the 8 BD. You shouldnt be in melee to use any of the BD abilities anyway

P8, 5/8 ID, HK Conq 11/11 (gear)
    Rogue - Seastone, Defiant
    "Release the attack squirrels!"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Nimue View Post
    44MM/22RS/0 BD

44 MM for Eradicate (if you're running MM, take eradicate)
    22 RS gives one more defensive CD
    0 BD still gives Sidesteps

don't really lose much from dropping the 8 BD. You shouldnt be in melee to use any of the BD abilities anyway
    the added dex buff and the heal? are they not worth it? on paper which is what i have to go by right now they seem that way

The heal is tiny, and giving up Eradicate is a horrible idea, given that Eradicate is the most powerful ability in MM's arsenal, and is the #1 reason to even use the soul.

You're not even getting any dexterity out of the bargain, just Retaliation and Strikeback, neither of which will see any use.
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-19-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Personally, I run 44 MM/20 Ranger/2 NB. Ranger gives you 5% crit, 4% flat damage increase, 6% damage reduction, a snare, an armor reduction, Doubleshot (For me it tacks on about 80 damage on well geared targets), Shadow Fire, Concussive Blast (I LOVE this ability, I've gotten 1k crits with it on lesser geared targets), and a flat AP increase. IMO it's got more utility then 22 RS.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeg View Post
    HI all i have been gone from the game way ...way to long.. back when MM had pedeastools BUT im back and i wanted to make a pvp build with MM as it feature...

please critique.. i wanted to add the mobility of rifstalker with some def cds of blade dancer.. i feel my damage m might be laughable..but those who have stuck with the game may know for real.

here is the link. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0do.VcdczMz.-6
    I talked to my friend Loony. The spec Loony uses is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...RqdAudR.0VM.-6

He is by far one of the best MMs out there. He lives by Eradicate and Deaden and the ability to stealth.
    He said the spec is good for both pvp and as a raid dps. I have seen him in action. He is not one you would ever want to duel or meet one on one.

So for me, his spec is the best for a MM.

Its personal preference and how comfortable you are with what you run.

/22rs is a more defensive setup, with HP, shielding and an option to troll with guardian phase when you're doing objectives.

/22 anything else is for utility and/or damage, but will be squishier.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    I talked to my friend Loony. The spec Loony uses is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...RqdAudR.0VM.-6
    Yea, that's a nice pvp MM spec. One mistake though, point should be in crippling shot and not improved quick shot.

I don't think 22RS is the way to go with MM either, best to kite and not get hit. I've found the 22RS doesn't help too much if a warrior gets on you, you're dead either way.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

The only MM specs you'll ever need are 44/22 MM/RS, and 51/15 MM/Ranger. The former is for mobility and survivability, and the latter is a glass cannon STDPS.

The former, when played correctly, is the best rogue spec in the game.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

These are just what I use, the best spec is the one that works for you, play around with things, change stuff up to your preference and find what works best for you.

Learn what buffs and cd's are important and have Eradicate handy to purge them off, just be warned, warriors don't like when you purge their Planar Blade.

MM/RS - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...do.V0xIzRoo.-6

This is what I use after talking with Zaros for a bit, optionally you could use what I did before, which drops 3 from the endurance talent in RS, and grabs 3/3 resilience, and drops planar refuge for 2/2 hasted time.
    You can pump out good damage and your survivability is just insane, make sure to make use of rift scavenger and learn which people to put vamp. munitions on to leech heals.
    If you start dying, you have a million ways to be across the map in seconds.
    I never use Quick Reload except defensively for mobility, so I can get 2x Retreat and 2x On the Double, some people like to use it for 2x RFS and 2x Strafe, but I'd rather save it for when it's more needed.
    Retreat -> QR -> Retreat -> Shadow Shift -> Mount is amazing for getting away when things get really tight, learn to watch your map and kite back to your team for backup.

You can take 2 points from somewhere in MM if you really want collateral damage, but I'm not a fan out spammer so I'd rather put those points elsewhere.

Use Vampiric Munitions and Electrified Munitions.

Not a lot of macro's with this spec.
    I have Lightning Fury and Swift Shot macro'd, and RFS/Deadeye/Hasted macro'd, but that's it I think.

MM/Ranger - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dAudR.VGo0u.-6

You have great damage but less survivability and tools for running away when someone comes for you, I play this spec by blending in with the team and picking healers or heavy dps off from range, you still have a lot of mobility for when someone comes for you, just run away to your team screaming halp, don't facetank as a MM unless you're Quiescent.

Im a fan of 48 MM 18 Ranger when i do dps
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

44mm/22ran + HK crystal = FOR THE WIN

But, assuming you don't have the ranger xystal, RS is probably better. The alternative is /22sin which gives you some great defensive skills (Kick, blinding powder) without notably saccing damage. You're still squishy as all hell though.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    44mm/22ran + HK crystal = FOR THE WIN

But, assuming you don't have the ranger xystal, RS is probably better. The alternative is /22sin which gives you some great defensive skills (Kick, blinding powder) without notably saccing damage. You're still squishy as all hell though.
    sorry like i said im extremely outdated on that all is rift.. what is the HK crystal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeg View Post
    sorry like i said im extremely outdated on that all is rift.. what is the HK crystal?
    Look up Zardonis crystals for each spec, they have set bonuses at 2pc and 4pc equipped. A particularly good one is: http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/C9BA8...Ranger-Crystal

Champion

51 MM >>>>>>>>>> 44 MM for damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast