+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helping Gearing/Speccing Up

Default Helping Gearing/Speccing Up

Alright, so I played at launch and quit when 1.3 came out, I think. Sarted back up two weeks ago. My gear is mostly expert gear, a mix of D1/D2 set.

My question is, how should I go about gearing up? Currently my guild is "working towards" raiding so I have no access to raid gear at the moment. Still, I am the type of person who likes to max out as much as I can when I can.

Should I be aiming for completing the crafting sets? T1? T2? T3? (from random expert dungeons) What is the best DPS spec pre-raiding gear? Should I be using my Inscribed Sourcestones on essences or synergy crystals? Are there any good Greater Essences I should be aiming for, or just using six Lesser Essences for the stats?

Any help would be nice.
    Last edited by FinalValkyrie; 06-14-2012 at 05:45 AM.

For when facepalming just isn't enough.

Bumping. I'm In similar situation and wonder about some of these things aswell.

In my opinion, I would focus on getting your 4 piece set with the Marks of Ascension. Then use your ISS to purchase your Ranger synergy crystal. Followed by the Ranger greater essence and 5 lessers with high dex and attack power. Then run the 51 mm 15 ranger build you can find all over these forums.

Champion

Get into pug ROS/GSB/DH/GP runs and do some master modes. You should be able to upgrade your gear pretty quick. Make sure to get the 2 raid weeklies and do them every week.

Quote Originally Posted by FinalValkyrie View Post
    Alright, so I played at launch and quit when 1.3 came out, I think. Sarted back up two weeks ago. My gear is mostly expert gear, a mix of D1/D2 set.

My question is, how should I go about gearing up? Currently my guild is "working towards" raiding so I have no access to raid gear at the moment. Still, I am the type of person who likes to max out as much as I can when I can.

Should I be aiming for completing the crafting sets? T1? T2? T3? (from random expert dungeons) What is the best DPS spec pre-raiding gear? Should I be using my Inscribed Sourcestones on essences or synergy crystals? Are there any good Greater Essences I should be aiming for, or just using six Lesser Essences for the stats?

Any help would be nice.
    This underlined part is entirely incorrect. With guild perks, 7 daily dungeons, 4 mastermodes each week, and 2 weeklies you can earn as many as 45 ID marks per week!

This means you can get a piece of top end raid gear every 2-3 weeks! Aim for the stars! Get ID gear asap.

Basically you want to do your weeklies > mastermodes > dailies > grind IA's for sourcestones.

Click my sig for specs/macros and look for qan's spreadsheet in there to figure out what gear is best.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 06-14-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

I would actually suggest going for Greater Marks of Ascension until you get your HK 4pc synergy crystal bonus, because that'll help you get a large DPS boost much more quickly. Once you've gotten that, then start taking the ID marks for T3 gear.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I would actually suggest going for Greater Marks of Ascension until you get your HK 4pc synergy crystal bonus, because that'll help you get a large DPS boost much more quickly. Once you've gotten that, then start taking the ID marks for T3 gear.
    ^ this. This is how to gear up quickly. Go for 1 tier (start with marks of ascension) and get enough to get the 4 piece bonus. Then go to the next tier, etc. You get the biggest bonus from synergy crystals, you can fill the other slots in with random dropped gear along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    ^ this. This is how to gear up quickly. Go for 1 tier (start with marks of ascension) and get enough to get the 4 piece bonus. Then go to the next tier, etc. You get the biggest bonus from synergy crystals, you can fill the other slots in with random dropped gear along the way.
    I don't recommend picking T1 marks from daily dungeons and stuff, actually. Spend the ones you get from doing T1 raids, sure, but otherwise, not worth it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I don't recommend picking T1 marks from daily dungeons and stuff, actually. Spend the ones you get from doing T1 raids, sure, but otherwise, not worth it.
    I guess it depends on the class , for a rogue I would agree with you. However, other classes are pretty instrumental to getting those bonus asap (mage comes to mind).

+ Reply to Thread