+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zaros

Thread: Please bring back melee rogues

Shadowlander

Default Please bring back melee rogues

I'm not trying to QQ, if anything I just want a fair playing ground. Recently in 1.8 there were some changes made, so for the sack of pvp, so to appease the masses. What it really comes down to is it really seems Trion hates melee rogues. Simple case and point Blade dancer sucks and people only see assassin and NB as pvp souls. I have run a similar therocraft build simular to blood-stalker since beta. Every MMO I have played an assassin type class and I have liked some of the versatile of Rift's assassin. However over the course of the games development Trion as had its up and down with melee rogues. I have bit my tongue about most and hopped to ride out the story. However with the last patch something just hit a cord with me. First off 51 champion build in war now does almost the same, if not more st dmg then blood-stalker. Obviously it depends on gear and who is playing it, however it also does more aoe dmg then most mages I see doing. Second because of the people crying they want to play a ranger and do utilize pets, ranger does about the same st dmg of blood-stalker. Most people wouldn't care but it is a little unfair that both classes aren't as complex, nor do they rely on a complex rotation. Rangers mostly have to just keep up shadow fire and wars have everything down to a 3 button macro. On top of that Melee rogues have no interups, purges and the builds are very unforgiving. I'm not saying to make it easier but make it worth the pay off of playing a melee rogue. As of right now we have to be on top of everything with no mistakes to stay equal to everyone else. I fear with time it will only be worse when people start telling every rogue to just run range to make raids easier and the art will be lost.

I recommend using line breaks if you want people to read your posts.

Champion

Our top DPS spec is melee.

Telaran

Our 3 top PvE specs are melee. Best PvP spec is melee. We had a good melee spec before 1.8, then 1.8 added a couple more. So know idea what you want them to "bring back"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakon View Post
    Best PvP spec is melee
    ಠ_ಠ

.. But yeah, we have plenty of effective and viable melee builds, especially in PVE.
    Also, line breaks are all the rage these days.
    ~Quiescent

Our 3 top PvE specs are melee.
    top 3? we don't even have 3 raid viable melee dps specs. Our TOP dps spec is melee but not useful (or worth trying to use) in most fight. Followed by ranger (unless you count the pet as melee spec).

To the OP: The specs are there (BS and NB put out nice numbers), our biggest problem is how teleports are handled by the game. This makes BS problematic at best in a lot of fights.

Plane Walker

Best PvP spec is melee.
    Well, it hits hard and is easy as how much you can commit slamming your fingertips into 3-6 keys.

As much as I like to steamroll people with it, it's not as much fun as trying to kite as an mm.
    Trying to learn how to kite, I can't judge distance very well as mages still hit me, so I'm essentially in the 30 meter range. But there's a bit of a different kind of thrill as opposed to the intensity of spamming cps and finishers as a nb/rs that makes me want to get better at kitting. So far I've learned how to retreat into rocks and run into people I should be avoiding.

nb/rs is all about getting in, ranging, and getting out. Not exactly in that order.

The best spec to play is more about how the encounter is designed then the specs themselves.

However with that being said for ST dps it's: Sin-RS > NB > Ranger.

The only place melee rogues are hurting is aoe dps.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    top 3? we don't even have 3 raid viable melee dps specs.
    Bloodstalker, Bladedancer, Nightblade.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bloodstalker, Bladedancer, Nightblade.
    Isn't Bladedancer primarily aoe? Any fight with any aoe component I use Sabo for... hell I use sabo for Aky every week.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

BD ST is slightly below ranger. And yeah, the AoE is weaker than Sab.

It's not a fantastic raid spec, but it's certainly viable. I tend to use it a lot in 10-mans if I don't have LE, because it's not energy starved.

Our 3 top PvE specs are melee. Best PvP spec is melee. We had a good melee spec before 1.8, then 1.8 added a couple more. So know idea what you want them to "bring back"
    best pvp spec is completely situational to what you want to do, imo there is no best pvp spec. MM has purge(and for some reason it seems to have a passive that makes warriors focus you), NB/RS is a massive dmg soak for your team and a much better aoe heal debuff than VM (fell blades has a higher proc rate on aoe), sab is.... sab, and bard is great too.

as far as pve, it goes sin/rs,NB,ranger,BD and i have personally run either sin or NB on every fight so far in ID up to laethys idk if they would be viable on eggs and lol @ maelforge himself.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    BD ST is slightly below ranger. And yeah, the AoE is weaker than Sab.

It's not a fantastic raid spec, but it's certainly viable. I tend to use it a lot in 10-mans if I don't have LE, because it's not energy starved.
    For me, I find I can sustain some pretty damn decent Single target with Sabo, and the rotation is getting easier with time of use. BD just looked like a PITA to run, and not really worth it since it forced you to be in melee... with a lot of ID fights being anti-melee.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    best pvp spec is completely situational to what you want to do, imo there is no best pvp spec. MM has purge(and for some reason it seems to have a passive that makes warriors focus you), NB/RS is a massive dmg soak for your team and a much better aoe heal debuff than VM (fell blades has a higher proc rate on aoe), sab is.... sab, and bard is great too.
    Yeah i agree, i just consider it "the best pvp spec" because it's so easy. I'm just bad at pvp, played MM specs for a while but if anyone got within melee of me i died. I switched to NB/RS and went from being one of the worst of my teams in WF's to be being one of the best. I soak up a ton of damage and get alot more kills than i did as MM. Not only am i bad at pvp im bad at melee in general, so if the spec can make me a competent melee pvp'er it can do the same for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    Well, it hits hard and is easy as how much you can commit slamming your fingertips into 3-6 keys.

As much as I like to steamroll people with it, it's not as much fun as trying to kite as an mm.
    Trying to learn how to kite, I can't judge distance very well as mages still hit me, so I'm essentially in the 30 meter range. But there's a bit of a different kind of thrill as opposed to the intensity of spamming cps and finishers as a nb/rs that makes me want to get better at kitting. So far I've learned how to retreat into rocks and run into people I should be avoiding.

nb/rs is all about getting in, ranging, and getting out. Not exactly in that order.
    There's an addon app called gadget, it's like a widget app. There's a rangefinder add that helped me a lot.

+ Reply to Thread