+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what role we want in Storm Legion

Ascendant

Default So what role we want in Storm Legion

With the expansion, roque will get another soul (as any other class).

What do you think this role should be? Full healer role with synergies with the bard role? PVP needs healers badly as clerics more and more refuse to heal, instead whine in their forum, that they dont do enough damage...

Should it be a fighting healer, or more a ranged full heal? can it have enough uniqueness to bard?

what you think?

Right now i cant think of any other soul, cause we already can tank, melee dps and range dps.

My money is on a healer spec. There's really no niche left for DPS souls, unless they want to add a melee pet spec for some odd reason. And I truly doubt they'd add another support or tank soul.

Ascendant

Agreed that there would be little to no point in a seventh DPS soul. With three ranged and three melee we have all the bases covered there. Tweaks to some souls still needed though of course.

I could maybe see a second tank work, but only if it were to somehow play very, very differently to the Riftstalker. Which has become an all round solid and reliable tank.

Support... well I don't know. But maybe a soul that was about debuffs and control? Though I'd hope it'd be a lot better designed than the Bard is.

A healer seems like it could be the way to go but it would also have to go with giving all Callings a new role. Tank for Mages, (real) Support for Clerics and quite possibly even two new roles for Warriors. Quite a few seem keen on a (Vanguard) Disciple kind of soul and that could be a lot of fun if it were somehow given a Rogue-ish slant to it.
    Last edited by Kedon; 06-11-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    A healer seems like it could be the way to go but it would also have to go with giving all Callings a new role. Tank for Mages, (real) Support for Clerics and quite possibly even two new roles for Warriors.
    I think this is their goal. I expect that Warlord will be reworked into a support soul, and warriors will also get a healing spec, while clerics will get support, and mages will get a tanking soul.

I just really feel that most classes don't have much room for a soul in roles they can already perform. Warriors maybe have room for another ranged soul, and mages could get a new healing soul, but I don't think new DPS souls for clerics or rogues would have much to distinguish them.

The last possibility is that each class is getting a support soul, and they're trying to really broaden the job of support, but I don't think that's likely.

Plane Walker

Suprise, we get to wear cloth and wield 2h staffs as a magic melee monk. Or maybe a versatile soul that can dual wield shields and gets it's armor converted into some sort of defense/attack ratio that can either go tank heavy or used as a secondary soul for dps.

The more realistically expected soul is a healing one. I want a cleanse so bad. You know how many times I wanted to cleanse that debuff in ros when the clerics/mages don't notice it?

I'd like a healing soul too. With 3 ranged and 3 melee souls I can't see them giving us a dps soul. Another support or tanking? Tanking would seem like a waste and warriors have been complaining about not having a support soul forever, best to give them one. 4 support in a raid seems silly so doubt we'll get one. Warriors desperately need a ranged support soul.

<3 Trion forever if we get a healing soul
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-12-2012 at 03:55 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Master

I wouldn't be overly suprised if it was actually a tanking soul, or at least one that supplements RS. Then they could scale back RS mitigation and re-add it on the other soul, in essence trying to shut up the people who whine about RS in pvp as dealing too much damage and soaking up too much damage, and shutting up tanks bemoaning bad scalability/mitigation due to pvp concerns.

An easy way to get more healers would be a hybrid dps/healing soul that group heals based on damage done. Something along the lines of Archmage or Witch Elves in Warhammer.
    Shayde@Seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    An easy way to get more healers would be a hybrid dps/healing soul that group heals based on damage done. Something along the lines of Archmage or Witch Elves in Warhammer.
    something like warrior priest in warhammer perhaps?

Yeah, I'd really like a healing soul. It'd be nice to be able to fill in certain spots for raid (or warfront) composition, or be able to handle even more mechanics so you can make sure they get done. Or even just to speed queuing for random dungeons along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    I wouldn't be overly suprised if it was actually a tanking soul, or at least one that supplements RS. Then they could scale back RS mitigation and re-add it on the other soul, in essence trying to shut up the people who whine about RS in pvp as dealing too much damage and soaking up too much damage, and shutting up tanks bemoaning bad scalability/mitigation due to pvp concerns.
    If they nerf RS mitigation without nerfing the tank specs of other classes, and add a new tank spec with stronger mitigation, it will pretty much never get used in progression-based raid content.

It's just like how warriors rarely use anything other than Reaver. They might deviate from the build a little to pick up an extra defensive cooldown, but overall, EH is king, and always has been.

Also, RS doesn't have particularly strong damage or mitigation in PvP. In order to get decent defenses, you need to go deep into RS and use Guardian Phase, which guts your damage. If you want respectable damage, you can't go too deep into RS, which leaves you without much survivability. People who complain otherwise generally have absolutely no clue what they're talking about, and I desperately pray that Trion ignores their feedback.

Plane Touched

I think we will get a melee healer...Monk?? and Bard might get a slight buff (Fanfares increase by % rather than static amount, higher range on cadence) with good synergy between the two.

+ Reply to Thread