+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ranger vs NB ID?

Telaran

Default Ranger vs NB ID?

Hello!

Im wondering how NB doing in ID?
    In my guild all rogues goes ranger (mostly), does any1 know how NB doing in ID, does it dps more then ranger now or? Or did NB die when 1.8 came and ranger got buffed, i know ppl play BS for the melee dps, but lately i only seen rangers 51 on raid, to easy to play LOL.

Im tired off ranger, and dont like BS, so i wana try NB 49...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
    Hello!

Im wondering how NB doing in ID?
    In my guild all rogues goes ranger (mostly), does any1 know how NB doing in ID, does it dps more then ranger now or? Or did NB die when 1.8 came and ranger got buffed, i know ppl play BS for the melee dps, but lately i only seen rangers 51 on raid, to easy to play LOL.

Im tired off ranger, and dont like BS, so i wana try NB 49...
    I use NB in HK and I hate pets so if they need me at range I go MM (usually they have me on so type of interrupt duty, ourge or crystal duty anyways)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by hejtmane View Post
    I use NB in HK and I hate pets so if they need me at range I go MM (usually they have me on so type of interrupt duty, ourge or crystal duty anyways)
    What dps do you do in HK?
    And how well geared are you?

It's about the same, a little less if you lose too much melee up time.

It's just personal preference unless your guild needs either piercing shot or lethal poison.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 06-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

We've been running the following roles around ID so far:

War: 2xMM rest Ranger
    Ituziel: 1xMM rest Ranger/BS (whoever has the nervs for melee on this fight)
    Conclave: 1xMM rest Ranger
    Maklamos: Sab/Ranger
    Rusila: Ranger
    Laethys: 1xBS(38sin) rest NB/Sab (sub 30% NB is good here for burn phase)
    Eggs: Ranger/Sab(whoever fancy it)
    Maelforge: 1xMM/Ranger/Sab

The only fight where we've seen a benefit for running NB was Laethys, for the rest, other specs overperforms.

So far we haven't had too much love on using BS (or any other melee spec) on most fights as you can do in HK atm, but overall I'm rather happy on how rogues are doing in ID.

In case you're aiming in using melee spec (ie NB) throughout whole ID, you're doing it wrong IMO, and you could join warr's whine post regarding melee unfriendly ID.
    Last edited by HmmmNO; 06-11-2012 at 04:29 AM.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

Quote Originally Posted by HmmmNO View Post
    We've been running the following roles around ID so far:

The only fight where we've seen a benefit for running NB was Laethys, for the rest, other specs overperforms.

So far we haven't had too much love on using BS (or any other melee spec) on most fights as you can do in HK atm, but overall I'm rather happy on how rogues are doing in ID.

In case you're aiming in using melee spec (ie NB) throughout whole ID, you're doing it wrong IMO, and you could join warr's whine post regarding melee unfriendly ID.
    Any specific reason for an MM on Conclave?
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Any specific reason for an MM on Conclave?
    They probably have a MM help with Dark Invocation interrupts. My guild has been having our Bard do it. I'm sure some just cleanse the fear, or break free out of it, or just have a tank that doesn't miss any. It's just one of the options for handling that mechanic.

Plane Touched

Just wondering if people do use ranger on laethys. I see people say NB is better. Just curious about pet survival and any thing else that matters during the fight.

I'm 4/8 and just finishing up my earth sigil and not sure if I should put predatory stone in there.
    thanks for the info

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rosario View Post
    What dps do you do in HK?
    And how well geared are you?
    I been top 5 dps when I been able to run it in the past (2200-2500 and I hit 3200-3500 on sic). I have not been able to run it the last few weeks due to having to run off tank, book clicker, interrupt duty, crystal duty and things like that.

Not been able to run it since some gear upgrades this is my gear as of now. I hope to get a parse here this next Thursday on a fight

MY current gear I have Hexed Boots, ID gloves, ROTP chest; rest is greater mark gear. Two Beast carver swords, the problem solver I have the rotp rings and one Hk ring that is in the top 4 bis. Neck still wearing my ROS one nothing better has dropped. I have 5 of the 6 bis essence in my engine another fire essence 100ins one. We are 10/11 in HK at this time and working our way through.

Telaran

I tried NB once at Drak, but as a ranger i pulled off 500DPS more, 'cause i missed to much uptime due to running for killing the flames.. But still NB is viable at most fights IMO and of course it's one of the specs most fun to play!
    Kome@Brutwacht | Guardian | Dead.linK
    Come on, play with me!

Quote Originally Posted by HmmmNO View Post
    We're similar but a little different.

War: All rangers
    Ituziel: All rangers & 1 MM
    Conclave: Ranger or Sab
    Maklamos: NB or Ranger
    Rusilia: Ranger
    Laethys: 51sin, 1 ranger, rest sab or NB

That's as far as we've gotten. With 51 sin with better debuff/buff uptime I'm maintaining 4300 as 51 sin on Laethys, I like it better then the 38sin version of BS.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-11-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    51sin
    Someone asked about this but their PMs were full. The spec doesn't warrant a guide since it's only for 1 fight so here's the info:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...fqddR.x0x.V.-6

I don't fan out at all because using fan out means less debilitating procs on Laethys (tested and there's less poison procs per target the more targets you hit). I compared the dps to 38BS and founds it's a lot better.

I said with better debuff/buff uptime because I previously said I was disappointed with 51 sin and was only hitting 3900. The reason I wasn't breaking 4k was because debuffs were being dropped on Laethys when the adds were up. We now keep a ranger on Laethys for piercing shot which improved my dps.

#show serpent strike
    cast serpent strike
    cast puncture
    cast backstab
    cast savage strike
    cast swift shot
    cast poison malice

Finisher:

#show final blow
    cast final blow
    cast hasted shot

Rotation from stealth:

Expose (from stealth as soon as she pops) - Jagged - build 5 - impale
    3 GCDs - final blow

then when impale comes off GCD:

final blow with 3 seconds until refresh
    slip - jagged - build to 5 - impale

Only problem with 51 sin is slip away will mean the archon can't target you while you're stealthed to reflect that one shot ability so watch out for that.... but that's less downside then the port. You also build CPs a lot faster with 51 sin so use final blow more often then you normally would with BS. I generally only give myself 4ish seconds to build up to impale and 2-3 if I know I can use jagged. 4300 with cutting, 4k-4.1 without in P1. Highest I've spiked up to was 4.6k 2 mins in on a wipe.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-12-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezie View Post
    Just wondering if people do use ranger on laethys. I see people say NB is better. Just curious about pet survival and any thing else that matters during the fight.

I'm 4/8 and just finishing up my earth sigil and not sure if I should put predatory stone in there.
    thanks for the info
    You can, the pets don't take damage from that reflect shield on the adds and enjoy the lovely ability to stand in **** and keep on trucking.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by hejtmane View Post
    I been top 5 dps when I been able to run it in the past (2200-2500 and I hit 3200-3500 on sic). I have not been able to run it the last few weeks due to having to run off tank, book clicker, interrupt duty, crystal duty and things like that.

Not been able to run it since some gear upgrades this is my gear as of now. I hope to get a parse here this next Thursday on a fight

MY current gear I have Hexed Boots, ID gloves, ROTP chest; rest is greater mark gear. Two Beast carver swords, the problem solver I have the rotp rings and one Hk ring that is in the top 4 bis. Neck still wearing my ROS one nothing better has dropped. I have 5 of the 6 bis essence in my engine another fire essence 100ins one. We are 10/11 in HK at this time and working our way through.
    With my upgraded gear I got to run NB Thursday on murdantix and i hit 2800dps I spiked as high as 3k but my final was 2800 that was using Rift Meter.

I hit 2900 on Prime I had a couple disconnects where i had to use range because I got the ancient flames

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    We're similar but a little different.

War: All rangers
    Ituziel: All rangers & 1 MM
    Conclave: Ranger or Sab
    Maklamos: NB or Ranger
    Rusilia: Ranger
    Laethys: 51sin, 1 ranger, rest sab or NB

That's as far as we've gotten. With 51 sin with better debuff/buff uptime I'm maintaining 4300 as 51 sin on Laethys, I like it better then the 38sin version of BS.
    I wonder how can you do that dps on P2 since you can't stay behind of her, or you get debuff which is decreasing your damage...
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast