+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guns & melee w/ planar attunement..

Soulwalker

Default Guns & melee w/ planar attunement..

I am a rogue that does a good amount of pvp, so that will impact my choices.. I want the pvp weapons, so that is dagger, axe, bow, gun. No other choices.

Looking at planar attunement, Air gives a rogue a nice set of dex/bows/daggers.

I would like to use guns, and switch to melee sometimes. Looking at guns, nothing seems to match up. Closest is guns/swords/str, but still that is str rather than dex. Is there just no good fit? What have other people in my situation done that's worked for them?

Thanks much for the insight!

There really isn't one area of the PA system that would fit for what you are looking for. Best bet is farm PA's and fill all the nodes... that's what I did.
    Retired from raiding

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by mandoris View Post
    I am a rogue that does a good amount of pvp, so that will impact my choices.. I want the pvp weapons, so that is dagger, axe, bow, gun. No other choices.

Looking at planar attunement, Air gives a rogue a nice set of dex/bows/daggers.

I would like to use guns, and switch to melee sometimes. Looking at guns, nothing seems to match up. Closest is guns/swords/str, but still that is str rather than dex. Is there just no good fit? What have other people in my situation done that's worked for them?

Thanks much for the insight!
    Stack AP and run with two swords and a gun. You will do ridiculous amounts of damage.
    Fluent

Fire, earth and life pa for the sword and gun ap first.

Telaran

Rogue's can dual wield the Vanguard's Longsword. Open up the vendor window, check the "show filtered items" box in the bottom left corner and you will see the items for the other classes. Some of the warrior ones are useable and better (Swords/Rings) than the rogue items cause they have AP instead of Crit.
    Last edited by Dakon; 06-09-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakon View Post
    Rogue's can dual wield the Vanguard's Longsword. Open up the vendor window, check the "show filtered items" box in the bottom left corner and you will see the items for the other classes. Some of the warrior ones are useable and better (Swords/Rings) than the rogue items cause they have AP instead of Crit.
    yeah. the sword has ap on it. i wish i had invested in them when i started rather than daggers.
    finnroughlaonall 8/8 ID <Invictus> of Gnarlwood

Guns & Swords for sure. Best stats for the PVP Swords and Guns have no travel time and don't leave blue streaks pointing to you when you use Fan Out.

Fill out Fire, Earth & Life for your red hexes pertaining to Guns & Swords, then work on more dex from other trees. The endurance granted from Earth & Life will be good for PVP also.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

maxed my pa so I don't have to worry about dis

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    maxed my pa so I don't have to worry about dis
    I didn't know this was possible without a saboteur self-heal.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamari View Post
    Guns & Swords for sure. Best stats for the PVP Swords and Guns have no travel time and don't leave blue streaks pointing to you when you use Fan Out.

Fill out Fire, Earth & Life for your red hexes pertaining to Guns & Swords, then work on more dex from other trees. The endurance granted from Earth & Life will be good for PVP also.
    Thanks for the insight on the "hidden" pvp swords... I think I am going to do as you suggest. I was hoping you could fill me in a bit, I always thought rogues needed dex and crit more than anything. How will str and AP compare? Thanks much!

Telaran

Thanks for the insight on the "hidden" pvp swords... I think I am going to do as you suggest. I was hoping you could fill me in a bit, I always thought rogues needed dex and crit more than anything. How will str and AP compare? Thanks much!
    Rogues need Dex and Crit until you get to the crit cap, 1187, anything after that and you are just wasting stats. Once at, or close, to cap you want to start stacking AP and Dex/Str give .5AP each. Get your AP as high as possible while staying just under crit cap.

+ Reply to Thread