+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [BUG] Blood Raptor (Razor Lash) not autocasting properly.

Default [BUG] Blood Raptor (Razor Lash) not autocasting properly.

As the title says, the Blood Raptor ability "Razor Lash" isn't autocasting properly, at least not all of the time.

I'm not exactly sure what the circumstances are behind it getting goofy but with it set to autocast about 1 in 5 pulls it will come out to 0-15 dps (vs the average of 190-260dps on normal pulls)

I noticed that my damage was seemingly RNG for the end result and checked my parses. Sure enough there's my pet, or another Ranger's pet at least 200dps behind the rest.

At first I chocked it up to bad Golem Inductor uptime, but after monitoring the buff with NK that just wasn't the case.

I am NOT using petcasts in my macros, and the other 2 abilities seem to be working perfectly 100% of the time.

The only seeming remedy is to toggle autocast for that specific ability a few times before the pulls, and even then it's a crapshot.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Ascendant

Is the target mobile by chance? I know there was a bug regarding this ability on mobile targets not too long ago, maybe it's not 100% fixed? If it's a stationary target, then no idea. D: Or maybe I'm thinking of the other raptor ability.
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Rift Master

It was multiple raptors sharing their rend stacks.
    Maybe the most recent patch unfixed it again.

Stationary targets, or at least stationary 90% of the time
    Myself and the pet at 460 hit.

Rend and Bloodied Blow working 100% of the time.

It's Razor Lash that's being screwy.

Any chance we could get some sort of offical word, as to when this will be looked at?
    Retired from raiding

So there's no other alternative than to put an autocast macro on your bar and hit it a few times before you start DPSing?

Petcast macro: Tested and still giving the same results. It has to be something screwy with the pet himself on spawn.

As per official word, I don't think our dev has been online in about 2 months.

Shadowlander

This is incredibly annoying. Please fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Shikamari View Post
    Petcast macro: Tested and still giving the same results. It has to be something screwy with the pet himself on spawn.

As per official word, I don't think our dev has been online in about 2 months.
    Nonono, I think ailion posted something about wild growth and strafe, or maybe it was the mage dev.

I get confused easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Nonono, I think ailion posted something about wild growth and strafe, or maybe it was the mage dev.

I get confused easily.
    Both of them did.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

I'm not seeing this issue with Razor Lash, Bloodied Blow and Rend on autocast.

However, do note that when all 3 abilities are on autocast, Razor Lash has the lowest priority when all 3 are available for execution. For example, if Bloodied Blow and Razor Lash are not on cooldown, Bloodied Blow's execution takes precedence over Razor Lash. So on fights where movement causes your pet to disconnect from the target, you may see Razor Lash being executed less frequently, especially when Bloodied Blow is on such a short cooldown.

How about Phase 1 Laethys with no movement and no disconnects? Thats where we discovered it. It's happening randomly per pull per rogue. It's clearly not a cooldown on the ability related issue.

RIFT Guide Writer

Took a while to figure this one out but ended up finding the bug from a guildmates parse. Here's a screenshot of a pet dps parse which sheds some light on the matter: http://i.imgur.com/l9Sb5.png

The pet is clearly assigned to dps Laethys and using bloodied blow and rend on her. There is also razor lash in the parse but the key thing here is that it does not actually hit Laethys at all but instead only the adds that were close.

My hypothesis is that when checking for damage it checks the range from the pet to the middle of its target's hitbox and if that distance is too big then the damage won't actually reach it even though the ability was used. If this is a correct hypothesis then it would only happen on fights where the target has a very large hitbox such as Laethys and the pet for one reason or another stays on the outer limits of melee range. It would also explain why I haven't been able to reproduce it on a dummy.

Yeah... thanks Gery. Here's hoping Ailion comes back, and takes a second look.

And yeah, was still happening last night for us as well.
    Retired from raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Took a while to figure this one out but ended up finding the bug from a guildmates parse. Here's a screenshot of a pet dps parse which sheds some light on the matter: http://i.imgur.com/l9Sb5.png

The pet is clearly assigned to dps Laethys and using bloodied blow and rend on her. There is also razor lash in the parse but the key thing here is that it does not actually hit Laethys at all but instead only the adds that were close.

My hypothesis is that when checking for damage it checks the range from the pet to the middle of its target's hitbox and if that distance is too big then the damage won't actually reach it even though the ability was used. If this is a correct hypothesis then it would only happen on fights where the target has a very large hitbox such as Laethys and the pet for one reason or another stays on the outer limits of melee range. It would also explain why I haven't been able to reproduce it on a dummy.
    I was doing some test last night about AoE and I did notice that, unless placed in between two dummies, razor lash wouldn't hit anything other than its primary target. Found odd that it had such a small range but never thought its range could be the problem with its primary target.

Nice Catch there Gery, Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast