+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TroubleMagnet

Thread: Chirurgeon - healing soul for rogues

Default Chirurgeon - healing soul for rogues

My possibly terrible idea for a healing soul for rogues. One part chloro, one part -icar and two parts rogue, mix until smooth. Tempted to have this be a ranged soul, if it's melee you'd need to add more survivability to it.

Basic idea is to have two sets of builders and finishers, one set builds blood units faster, the other spends them for increased healing effect. Both sets do damage and generate some BU. You will spend up to five blood units at a time for the big heals so they will build and go away fast. Damage and healing should be in line with a chloro, all damage increasing talents should be in the lower (15 points) part of the tree, upper will increase healing done and help manage blood units.

Chirurgeon - Master of the medical arts.

Blood bank: new class mechanic, 1-100 units, built on the rogue, not the target.

Blood harvester (0 point root): weapon enchant that causes each successful attack to grant 1 blood unit (BU) to the rogue’s blood bank.

Line Drip (12 point root): weapon enchant that causes any attack that grants blood units to heal all transfusion targets for x% of their damage. Attacks that do not grant blood units heal for y% of their damage.

Abilities:

Mosquito Shot: Spamable attack that grants 1 BU and 1 CP.

Thread the Vein: Weapon damage plus x damage and grants 2 CP. Also attaches a blood syphon to the target which does x damage to the target and grants 1 blood unit every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. 10 sec cooldown.

Strip the line: Finisher that grants BU equal to CP used.

Blood infusion: 30 energy and blood units equal to the number of transfusion targets; grants 1 CP. Heals all transfusion targets for weapon damage plus x and uses blood units equal to the number of transfusion targets.

Plasma Surge: Finisher that uses blood units equal to twice the number of transfusion targets; Heals all transfusion targets for weapon damage plus X (increased with more CPs) and uses blood units equal to twice the number of transfusion targets.

Life support: Spends BU to heal transfusion targets, not an attack so it can be used when there are no available targets.

Transfusion line: Connects a blood transfusion line to a friendly target, up to 5 targets may have a line connected. (Make it automatically hit everyone if in a 5man or less party, you have to choose in a raid) Target must be within 30m to benefit from transfusion. Only one line type may be active at a time.

Heart line: Connects a heart line to a friendly target, granting them five times the effect of a transfusion line at five times the blood unit cost. Target must be within 30m to benefit from transfusion. Only one line type may be active at a time.

Heart defibrillation: Battle resurrection with lots of zappy effects.

CPR: Out of combat resurrection.

Purify blood: cleanses all line targets.

Key Talents:

Energized blood (0:5/5): Reduces the energy cost of all abilities by 2-10%

Clean cuts (0:5/5): Increases the healing of abilities that consume blood units by 2-10%

Sawbones (10+: 5/5): Increases the damage of your damage over time effects by 2-10%

Pain Management (10+:5/5): Increases the your critical damage and healing bonus by 4/8/12/16/20%

Critical Care (15+:1/1): Blood harvester grants an additional blood unit for critical attacks.

Synthetic Blood (20+ 1/1): Grants 10 blood units. 1 minute CD

Blood vault (25+:5/5): Increases the maximum blood units in the blood bank from 100 to 110.

Formula F (30+: 1/1): Increases the maximum HP of all transfusion targets by x, this amount is reduced by x/20 each time they are attacked. 1 minute cool down.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Telaran

I like a lot of the stuff you have in there. I can foresee some quick response heals possibly being a problem due to almost no BU at the start of a pull, but it seems like this would be more suited to 5-man healing and raid healing more than a dedicated tank healer. Just my opinion based on the specifics you provided.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Before someone tries to say it... no I do not have a warrior, rogue and cleric tho.

I think the only calling that maybe needs an extra role is warrior. I just don't think any calling should be able to fill all roles. This would be good for a few reasons. First one less role to have to balance. 2nd warriors will stop saying "when we get a 3 rd role you can be as good as us."

If one want to heal they can roll a cleric or mage imo.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Before someone tries to say it... no I do not have a warrior, rogue and cleric tho.

I think the only calling that maybe needs an extra role is warrior. I just don't think any calling should be able to fill all roles. This would be good for a few reasons. First one less role to have to balance. 2nd warriors will stop saying "when we get a 3 rd role you can be as good as us."

If one want to heal they can roll a cleric or mage imo.
    Clerics are ABLE TO FILL all roles.. and come on.. Who wants to play bard?^^ 90% of Bards play Bard because there's one needed in each role, it's not a real role, it's just boring, Bard's nice if there's a good Football game running in the back, but not fun to play..

But i also don't think we need a healing soul, what we need is some DPS Role to go melee and ranged at once with (yeah i'm expecting much) some root tanking talents, so we can even get some new ideas for RS, and the same for warris, warris DON'T NEED a healing soul, or a support soul (2 supporters are enough for 1 Raid) what they need is some balanced DPS soul.. Mages need anohter healing alternative, clerics some DPS Soul with tanking talents IMO(or even better make Druid like that).

Quote Originally Posted by D4rkBlad3r View Post
    Clerics are ABLE TO FILL all roles.. and come on.. Who wants to play bard?^^ 90% of Bards play Bard because there's one needed in each role, it's not a real role, it's just boring, Bard's nice if there's a good Football game running in the back, but not fun to play..

But i also don't think we need a healing soul, what we need is some DPS Role to go melee and ranged at once with (yeah i'm expecting much) some root tanking talents, so we can even get some new ideas for RS, and the same for warris, warris DON'T NEED a healing soul, or a support soul (2 supporters are enough for 1 Raid) what they need is some balanced DPS soul.. Mages need anohter healing alternative, clerics some DPS Soul with tanking talents IMO(or even better make Druid like that).
    Wrong. Clerics can queue as support but that is only because of how Trion chose to see raid heal focused icar builds. Basically if you can't register in their system as a tank, dps or heals by their points spent prjority system it defaults you to support. The only three bonafide support souls in the game are bard archon and arguably dominator.

My main is a rogue. I also play a cleric and I can tell you from playing other games that have support souls cleric is not one of them. A support soul is one whose purpose is to make everyone else better, simply being a bastard hybrid of tanks dps and healer does not a support soul make.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-09-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by D4rkBlad3r View Post
    Actually, Laethys is a very very fun fight to bard. Only fight in the whole game where a properly played bard is starved for GCDs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Actually, Laethys is a very very fun fight to bard. Only fight in the whole game where a properly played bard is starved for GCDs.
    Yeah 1 fight out of... 200? Some people like bard, but they are very, very few.

And what I wanted to say above was, the game doesn't need more supporters, if Warris and Clerics got a support role too, there will soon be more supporters than DD's in a raid. 2 Supporters are enough for 20 man raids.
    Kome@Brutwacht | Guardian | Dead.linK
    Come on, play with me!

2 supporters are enough??
    It's about options. Lately, especially, it's been nearly impossible to find a Mage to archon. "If only we had another archetype that could fill the same role..."
    If Warriors gained a support role, then each archetype would have 3 options. It certainly seems like the original design included one, with Warlord, but they changed it in beta, IIRC. I'm with Galibier, Cleric "support" is just raid heals, it doesn't make anyone better, just heals AE damage.

As it stands now:
    Warrior - no healer, no support
    Cleric - no support
    Rogue - no healer (inb4 IcansolohealbecauseIamvastlyovergearedfortheconten t)
    Mage - no tank

I'd like to see all of those go away, but at a minimum, at least add a support soul for Warriors.
    Kragar Fiftyonedps - Leader of <Death to Dragons> on Faeblight

bard can heal just fine, as long as there isn't more than 5 people to heal.. and only if the raid heals are failing/raid is taking too much damage. A full on rogue healer may be interesting, either way lets hope energy becomes a non issue with expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    bard can heal just fine, as long as there isn't more than 5 people to heal.. and only if the raid heals are failing/raid is taking too much damage. A full on rogue healer may be interesting, either way lets hope energy becomes a non issue with expansion.
    What? Bards cannot main heal anything unless you overgear the encounter. They can help with AoE healing but they fall apart if the damage is at all bursty. You'd need to totally re-work the bard soul to make it a viable healer, for starters it would need some kind of single target heals for tank healing. I'd be surprised if they gave us a new soul and totally reworked the bard soul at the same time.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

i main heal 5m content often, and in several fights top healing meters, as a bard, its all situational,

Situation 1: its a 5m group.. a chunk of all our heals only effect up to 5 people. the other portion heals only up to 10, anything past those numbers and the heal goes searching and leaving some left out.

Situation 2: the actual healers in a raid environment are having a hard time keeping the raid up, in a fight where the raid is constantly at ~50% hp, the bard healing will shine. I can do Council in ID and come out top for 1/2 the fight, with an average of 3k+ HPS and seeing 5k healing crits on CoR.

Not alot of reworking done, that was using my BurnBard spec, but for most cases its very situational. Yes, a bard can heal.. a bit, but no, it is not enough, we do need some targeted healing, improved abilities, synergy within our class, hopefully this new soul will synergize with something..

+ Reply to Thread