+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much dps are whetstones

Default How much dps are whetstones

There was a thread (long long ago) where somebody measured the effective gain of whetstones. As I always forget to test this when they run out and just refresh them I was wondering if anybody still has those results?
    Brutmutter-EU | Rogue | R50

Results would be different now. PA changes to weapon dps and the AP scaling's different between specs.

As a base 1 weapon dps = 20 ap, then factor in ap scaling irrc. Ranger would be all sorts of messed up to calculate because of the pet.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-05-2012 at 04:20 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Results would be different now. PA changes to weapon dps and the AP scaling's different between specs.

As a base 1 weapon dps = 20 ap, then factor in ap scaling irrc. Ranger would be all sorts of messed up to calculate because of the pet.
    1 = 20? I could have sworn last I checked my char sheet the dps increase from AP was 1/10th my ap. IE, 1500 ap = 150 dps.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    1 = 20? I could have sworn last I checked my char sheet the dps increase from AP was 1/10th my ap. IE, 1500 ap = 150 dps.
    10ap=1dps, but 1dps =/ 1 weapon dps.

I am at the moment experimenting with the +dex runes instead of whetstones as I am only at 980crit in my ID gear with earth resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Parab View Post
    I am at the moment experimenting with the +dex runes instead of whetstones as I am only at 980crit in my ID gear with earth resist.
    Please don't do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Definitely don't do that. Whetstones will always yield the best results.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Please don't do this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikamari View Post
    Definitely don't do that. Whetstones will always yield the best results.
    What those guys said. The PA stuff is so that you can save some cash when you are doing stuff that doesn't matter. Always use the top whetstones for anything that you consider content you are working on to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    What those guys said. The PA stuff is so that you can save some cash when you are doing stuff that doesn't matter. Always use the top whetstones for anything that you consider content you are working on to get through.
    It is not about saving money, that is not an issue. It is about getting more dps when I end up way below crit cap and so far it was always "get to the crit cap and then stack ap". (990 crit, 1380ap as mm).
    I'll continue my tests tomorrow, selfbuffed I don't see a big difference in dps

It is not about saving money, that is not an issue. It is about getting more dps when I end up way below crit cap and so far it was always "get to the crit cap and then stack ap". (990 crit, 1380ap as mm).
    I'll continue my tests tomorrow, selfbuffed I don't see a big difference in dps
    Actually, these days it's just stack AP, crit cap or not.

Actually, these days it's just stack AP, crit cap or not.
    Yes but didn't this rule appear in a time when you were at the crit cap anyways?

I now switched my str/ap-ID offhand for my old dex/crit dagger from hk and my hk-shoes to trade ~20AP for ~55crit and I am happy with the increase in the parses.
    glyphs did also work out, but the gear swap leads + whetstones leads to the best results.

Yes but didn't this rule appear in a time when you were at the crit cap anyways?

I now switched my str/ap-ID offhand for my old dex/crit dagger from hk and my hk-shoes to trade ~20AP for ~55crit and I am happy with the increase in the parses.
    glyphs did also work out, but the gear swap leads + whetstones leads to the best results.
    That's odd, most raid specs have around a 3:1 weight of ap to crit even below the cap. 20 ap v 55 crit should be pretty close though no?

That's odd, most raid specs have around a 3:1 weight of ap to crit even below the cap. 20 ap v 55 crit should be pretty close though no?
    The results were also pretty close (25dps difference over 5 minutes, I guess it would be the other way around if I repeat it). I'll try it in the raid with raidbuffs, maybe the difference is bigger there or if swichting around the gear in certain encounters (for ranger/mm only, else it makes no sense) is too much work.

Plane Touched

My question is, why are you bothering to dps as MM? Get stuck on purge/interrupt duty?

Ranger and MM both have the same amount of crit and are below cap with id-earth resi gear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast