+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which trinket is better taking Raid buffs into consideration

Soulwalker

Default Which trinket is better taking Raid buffs into consideration

Which dps trinket is better for a marksman spec'd rogue during a raid taking raid buffs into consideration.

Shard of Planes - Equip: Grants a chance for physical attack abilities to grant an additional 41 attack power for 15 seconds

or

King of Iron Fist/Skull of Damnation - Static dps based stats of 17 Dex, 15 Str, 11 AP

I used the Skull up until I got the Golem Inductor.

However, if you want to go purely by stats, check out this spreadsheet by Qan.

Better yet though is to do some testing yourself on a dummy, check your trinkets uptime with the spec you are using, compare parses with each trinket.

IMO raid buffs aren't going to make much of a difference here other than add a couple hundred DPS either way you go.

Also take into consideration the DEX loss/gain, END loss/gain, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Warvet View Post
    I used the Skull up until I got the Golem Inductor.

However, if you want to go purely by stats, check out this spreadsheet by Qan.

Better yet though is to do some testing yourself on a dummy, check your trinkets uptime with the spec you are using, compare parses with each trinket.

IMO raid buffs aren't going to make much of a difference here other than add a couple hundred DPS either way you go.

Also take into consideration the DEX loss/gain, END loss/gain, etc.

A couple hundred dps IS a big difference when choosing any piece of gear.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tornadohawk View Post
    Which dps trinket is better for a marksman spec'd rogue during a raid taking raid buffs into consideration.

Shard of Planes - Equip: Grants a chance for physical attack abilities to grant an additional 41 attack power for 15 seconds

or

King of Iron Fist/Skull of Damnation - Static dps based stats of 17 Dex, 15 Str, 11 AP
    I'm not sure what the up time is on Shard of Planes. I would say go test it out on a dummy and see what your general up time is. Assuming 100% up time, the Shard is superior (but if you can't get at least 85-87%+ up time or so, then King is better). If you're not at the soft crit cap, then the difference between the two is pretty small.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    A couple hundred dps IS a big difference when choosing any piece of gear.
    What I'm saying is that the raid buffs aren't going to affect him whatever he chooses, neither trinket making a difference there, so testing without raid buffs will give similar results (minus the extra DPS from raid buffs)

So, trying to put it another way, "... taking Raid buffs into consideration" really AREN'T a consideration at all.

Shadowlander

Default I find it varies...

... by spec. In my 51MM and 51Rng specs, the shard does not proc enough and I use the PvP trinket. In melee specs, it's near 100% up time and I use it. Easy to test.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the feedback all.

Rift Disciple

That list does not have The Cold Heart trinket on it.

why should it? cold heart is garbage for dps rogue

PvP trinket is better then any other trinket except for the golem inductor.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

^^^ pretty much. I have tested the Hylas trinket and the SoD. Blood Stalker, Blink Blade, Night Blade, MM didn't matter SoD beat Hylas trinket. I did tests just looking at the parse and then I did it more concerned with staring at my buff bar than rotations. Hylas had no where near a 100% up time, that ICD is a cruel mistress. If I remember right even Qan said the list for trinkets was "iffy" because it is based on 100% up time which simply does not happen.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-05-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

From what I remember SoP can refresh itself and was better than the Hylas trinket, albeit having lower AP

GI>all others, including KPD, fore up time/proc rate, allowing for far more overall AP over a period of time.

PVP Skull for sure is your best bet unless you have the Hylas trinket. Thats about when it becomes beneficial to switch them out depending on your spec. Shard of Planes doesn't provide enough AP to negate the beneficial stats of the PVP Skull

On a side note, I have the Golem Inductor and still swap in the PVP Skull when I have to run MM for the extra health on fights that require me to purge or interrupt.

I also noted that Golem Inductor uptime seems higher with a Gun vs a Bow. Not sure if it's a travel time issue but the procs are better once I got a Gun.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

+ Reply to Thread