+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Razorbeast AoE taunt does not hold aggro...?

Soulwalker

Default Greater Razorbeast AoE taunt does not hold aggro...?

On my 51 ranger build; I've noticed this time and time again, that even directly after my greater razorbeast uses its aoe taunt ability (signified by cooldown of the ability and flashy heads of the mobs), if I cast any aoe I immediately get aggro from any mobs other than the main target of the razorbeast...

On top of that, once I gain aggro I've tried using the Divert Rage skill which does nothing whatsoever... The mobs just continue to come after me...

This doesn't happen occasionally, it's every time. So much so that when soloing I either only use single target attacks and kill one mob at a time or just switch to BD...

Has anyone else experienced this? Known bug..?
    Last edited by SoyMilk; 06-02-2012 at 09:44 AM.

I thought it was only a single target taunt...

Rift Chaser

I have rarely that much of a problem with it. I have even frequently seen mobs head toward me then peel off for the quills. However, the force taunt does not last too long and I may have to choose between redirecting pigs attack and taking a few licks. It seems to be worse if you are running bard as a sub soul-hate for buffs and healing I guess. Divert rage does not remove built up hate-you have to do more damage after casting than you did before to flip them onto the pig. Its really strongest as an opener.

Quote Originally Posted by SoyMilk View Post
    On my 51 ranger build; I've noticed this time and time again, that even directly after my greater razorbeast uses its aoe taunt ability (signified by cooldown of the ability and flashy heads of the mobs), if I cast any aoe I immediately get aggro from any mobs other than the main target of the razorbeast...
    I don't think you know how threat works, or what taunts actually do.

All the taunt effect does is force the razorbeast to the top of the aggro table for every affected enemy. It doesn't ensure that it'll stay there.

Once you pass a certain ratio of the pet's threat (I'm unsure exactly what it is, but I've heard 110%), the pet will need to reach that same ratio of your current threat to pull back, which means that you'll need to hit mobs a fair amount for Divert Rage to make them switch back.

For instance, if it's 110%, then lets imagine the following scenario.

Pet has 10k threat on an enemy. You unload on the target and reach 11k threat and the mob comes for you. You use Divert Rage, and then you'd need to deal over 1100 damage for it to turn back (assuming that the pet doesn't damage it in the meantime).
    Last edited by Muspel; 06-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    I have rarely that much of a problem with it. I have even frequently seen mobs head toward me then peel off for the quills. However, the force taunt does not last too long and I may have to choose between redirecting pigs attack and taking a few licks. It seems to be worse if you are running bard as a sub soul-hate for buffs and healing I guess. Divert rage does not remove built up hate-you have to do more damage after casting than you did before to flip them onto the pig. Its really strongest as an opener.
    I run bard as a sub soul and haven't had too bad of a time with AE aggro. If your pet is tanking multiple mobs, pop Divert Rage, then put on the Pet Heal (Rejuvenate), THEN start the AE damage. This makes the initial pet healing hate plus all of the AE damage go to the pet. I mainly get aggro when a mob adds at an inopportune moment....unless I want the aggro. Sometimes with bard sub soul it is easier to heal you and the pet each with some aggro than just the pet with all of the aggro.

Use the pig to round up the mobs you want to aoe. hit divert rage, aoe away.

They'll be dead before your aoes'll pull'em off after divert rage wears off.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Use the pig to round up the mobs you want to aoe. hit divert rage, aoe away.

They'll be dead before your aoes'll pull'em off after divert rage wears off.
    Divert Rage is nice. But on too long of a cooldown. Am now personally using a hybrid RS/BD/Sin spec and am seemingly having a much easier time. And I'm not drinking all the time because some mob broke lose and hit me.

Ranger never really was a solo AoE spec, despite the pig having an aoe taunt. You wouldn't have to drink at all if you stuck to 1-2 mobs at a time w/ the pig, but I suppose its a pretty inefficient grinding spec.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 06-07-2012 at 10:22 PM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread