+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Crytis
  • 1 Post By Annomren

Thread: getting steamrolled in PVP - build help please

Shadowlander

Default getting steamrolled in PVP - build help please

Title says it all. I have been gone since 1.5 and in coming back, my sin spec is getting me facerolled. I am sure I am behind the times, and my PVP set is really only at seditionist gear.

Is there a recommended spec for "entry level" PvP that allows me to help the team and still get favor?

If there's a spec you recommend, please link it and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Tronyx; 06-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Plane Walker

44 mm/22 rs is what I see most rogues not daring to melee do. Basically know your surroundings and keep your distance. Eradicate is your team support and st is your way of taking heals/dealing damage. Fan out is fine also, but really I see most rogues do less damage overall just spamming fan out.

Anyways, that spec has retreat, 5 seconds of running fast, 2% more speed for being hit once*stacks to 5*, Finisher that increases speed by 30% at 5 cp for 15 seconds, 3 target ports that buff you for 10 seconds each, 1 non target port for 15 meters, swift shot that increases speed that stacks up to 5, 5 extra meters to your range, barbed shot, strafe and it's immunity, and eradicate.

Basically if you can play decent you'll be hard to catch. Be like a certain someone(z) and stack up health and you can be a trolly 8-10k+ rogue without using guardian phase. I'm guessing that's p40 and tank weapons/pots.

For other things, like ninjaing in codex, 32 sin, xx in rs and bd/mm 32 sin for impale, have that extra stealth, and use rs for ports. You can put like, 20 points for 3 ports, or 22 and get all the benefits offa rs. Shadow shift and stealth away (derp) work nicely in case you might get caught in aoe (dot is another story).

A trolly aoe spec u can have is 51 sab/10 mm/5 rs, just to aoe crazy. It might not work if there's a bit of decent clerics around, but it's fun to see numbers.Note you're uber squishy.

Honestly it's been a while since I've played ranged in pvp and loving it so far. Been playing nb/rs as I'm a nub and I don't feel like keybinding anything besides 1-6 (I click the rest, lol.)

No links but I'm certain someone will show up with one.
    Last edited by Rozel; 06-02-2012 at 12:31 AM.

An alternative to the MM spec he posted is 51mm-10rng-5rs. Take crippling shot.

Then the trick is to stay 30-35m away from the enemy. If you turn perpendicular to the eneny and then strafe away you can run away at full speed while attacking. The other MM spec might be better, I'm not sure because I haven't tried it. I use this version because it's usable in pve and I'm spec starved.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-02-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Shadowlander

Thanks for the input. So, if I only have seditionist gear, is it recommended that I play a ranged build and just help DPS?

Sword of Telara

44mm/22 RS. GREAT defensive MM build, keep distance, and use ports if you need them to help keep that distance.
    32bard/34RS. Great battle bard spec. Lets you play around in melee a bit.. and heal/buff your entire team to victory while you troll the enemy. Great spec really.
    38/28 NB/RS is a newb melee spec, works well when you're under geared and just there to spread heal debuff and annoy. Doesn't have the dps I require in a build, but it's not a bad spec. There are similar Sin/RS loadouts you can utilize as well, but you won't be spreading heal debuff which is kind of your point of existence.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Soulwalker

Would anyone mind posting their 44mm/22rs build?
    Thanks

Ascendant

Not R40 (Soon R50)? Not Fully Geared? Cannon Fodder. Welcome to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Not R40 (Soon R50)? Not Fully Geared? Cannon Fodder. Welcome to PVP.
    false.

get good.

Sword of Telara

I would take the above advice and go ranged as a new dps to the pvp grind. Melee rogues have it rough in 1.8. It is all fun and games, till someone Riftstorms your @ss.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

As a fresh 50, less than 2 months old, I encountered this issue recently as well. Nothin' like rolling up on a 11k+ HP mage in rank 40 gear and not even seeing their health bar move - so I figured support would be the best way to go for a while.

I started 44MM/22RS. MM maneuverability was fantastic, but when it was down, I had to rely on RS, which frankly got me more frustrated. Absorb shields almost seemed negligible at such a low rank (imho of course, admittedly I'm probably just terrible).

I was presented with the idea of MM/Sin/RS and have never gone back. I find myself alive much more and able to keep myself that way much better than MM/RS.

This is my own preference based on my playstyle - just something to think about when going through alternative options.
    Last edited by Crystalynne; 06-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    playing two no-name nobodys as seen on
    SEASTONE : DEFIANT : REALM GUARDIANS
    Laureena ~ Rogue|Crystalynne ~ Cleric

At lower ranks I found that going bard/RS/0 sab was the best help I could give (ignoring my runner build which doesn't work as well now). Played well it can be a decider in many wfs. Bard buffs/debuffs/heals, RS gives more survivability and movement, and zero sab gets you an ae snare. You can back up your team in fights and distract and hold up the other team when necessary (like when your team is moving a flag home). What a bard adds in a wf is often underestimated and they actually don't get focussed enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    44mm/22 RS. GREAT defensive MM build, keep distance, and use ports if you need them to help keep that distance.
    32bard/34RS. Great battle bard spec. Lets you play around in melee a bit.. and heal/buff your entire team to victory while you troll the enemy. Great spec really.
    38/28 NB/RS is a newb melee spec, works well when you're under geared and just there to spread heal debuff and annoy. Doesn't have the dps I require in a build, but it's not a bad spec. There are similar Sin/RS loadouts you can utilize as well, but you won't be spreading heal debuff which is kind of your point of existence.
    Hello, haven't played in a year and coming back to the game - do you have a link handy for the 32bard/34 RS spec?
    Einstein's definition of insanity "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Take note Trion and deliver meaningful RVR.

44 bard 22 rs better.

you will heal and buff team at low levels you should not be dpsing....
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

I also recommend barding for low level pvp ranks. You honestly won't be doing much damage no matter what spec you do, and most players can recognize a guardian phase rogue tank and just ignore them.

Bards can be hella annoying, since they give up to 9! Buffs (5 motifs, resonance, 3 hard cAst buffs) and verse of fascination is amazing when used well as a clutch play. Purging through all those buffs is horrifically annoying and good mms won't bother except on specific enemies (who you should stick to)

Obviously, barding ISA a very support oriented spec. Going it solo is not recommended.

44mm22ran is another viable spec as is 22sin, the latter offering you more oshi buttons if a warrior gets in your face or you want to shut someone out for a few seconds to try to burst down another target.

Oh and don't forget quick reload! Repelling to static to retreat (warriors usually break free and will try to port to you) to swift steps(? I forget the running away very fast skill suddenly) quick reload and retreat again and you'll have plenty of space to mount up nd get the he ck outta dodge.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

The guide in my signature has everything you need to know.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread