+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Don't know about anyone else

Rift Disciple

Default Don't know about anyone else

But personally sick and tired of one hybrid spec that is OP and to be able to really compete your forced to either run same spec or a hybrid of it.

that spec is the rs/sin/bd spec, it's got the survivability of a tank, paired with sin's dps as well then add in self heals that generaly make a healer irrelivant and well basicly your describing a practicly untouchable spec unless you bring quite a few people to the fight and even then your liable to loose team members, OP spec? look at nightblade during patch 1.6 for example....

move leeching poison to where dilibatating poison is, and move medative trance a LOT further up the soul tree so that people HAVE to spec quite deeply into bladedancer to get it, as a perk of doing so as apposed to something VERY low in the tree.

why should ANY spec of rogue be forced to play any pertic FOTM/cookie cutter build just to remain competitive in pvp, why should any spec be so OP that it makes other classes/rolls irreverent generally?

And before anyone asks why make them changes and not changes to RS? simple answer, if you tinker with RS it can and WILL harm rogue tanks pve side of things where as moving leeching poison and medative trance gives reasons for moving deeper into other specs to a degree (you'll notice i'm NOT asking for the survivability of tanks to be tinkered with nor the dps output (though BD generaly could use some tlc).

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian1uk View Post
    But personally sick and tired of one hybrid spec that is OP and to be able to really compete your forced to either run same spec or a hybrid of it.

that spec is the rs/sin/bd spec, it's got the survivability of a tank, paired with sin's dps as well then add in self heals that generaly make a healer irrelivant and well basicly your describing a practicly untouchable spec unless you bring quite a few people to the fight and even then your liable to loose team members, OP spec? look at nightblade during patch 1.6 for example....

move leeching poison to where dilibatating poison is, and move medative trance a LOT further up the soul tree so that people HAVE to spec quite deeply into bladedancer to get it, as a perk of doing so as apposed to something VERY low in the tree.

why should ANY spec of rogue be forced to play any pertic FOTM/cookie cutter build just to remain competitive in pvp, why should any spec be so OP that it makes other classes/rolls irreverent generally?

And before anyone asks why make them changes and not changes to RS? simple answer, if you tinker with RS it can and WILL harm rogue tanks pve side of things where as moving leeching poison and medative trance gives reasons for moving deeper into other specs to a degree (you'll notice i'm NOT asking for the survivability of tanks to be tinkered with nor the dps output (though BD generaly could use some tlc).
    Just to be clear, you're saying that you think BD/Sin/RS is overpowered in PvP? I award you 5 lulz.

Rift Disciple

nope i'm saying rs/sin/bd is op ie RS primary soul, sin secondary and bd 3rd (ie 8 points to be just enough to get medative trance)

Irun 27/21/18 sin/rs/bd for my solo spec but adjusted to get fulltime stealth and love it. It is no where near as op as the solo warrior build where u can tank t 2 and have higher dps than t1 raid geared dps. I think for raiding most rogues run mm or ranger if they arent tanking or barding though.

Ascendant

i play a different spec and obliterate anyone.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mauvelence View Post
    Irun 27/21/18 sin/rs/bd for my solo spec but adjusted to get fulltime stealth and love it. It is no where near as op as the solo warrior build where u can tank t 2 and have higher dps than t1 raid geared dps. I think for raiding most rogues run mm or ranger if they arent tanking or barding though.
    I'm talking pvp not pve fraid and iirc raiding wise ranger tends to be favoured over marks, though dont quote me on that lol.

and tbt i'm not suggesting tinkering with rs tanking or sin& BDs dps, just talking about moving 2 powers further up the tree.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I'm talking pvp not pve fraid and iirc raiding wise ranger tends to be favoured over marks, though dont quote me on that lol.

and tbt i'm not suggesting tinkering with rs tanking or sin& BDs dps, just talking about moving 2 powers further up the tree.
    Meditative Trance is fairly tame, and useless in PvP. Leeching poison is not much healing either, but at least its a passive, which is handy. Either way, these weak healing abilities do not equate to anything approaching invincibility. Meditative Trance especially, since it wastes finishers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Meditative Trance is fairly tame, and useless in PvP. Leeching poison is not much healing either, but at least its a passive, which is handy. Either way, these weak healing abilities do not equate to anything approaching invincibility. Meditative Trance especially, since it wastes finishers.
    you'd rather trion possibley takes the nerf bat to riftstalker soul or sin....?

Deleted 10 char
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-01-2012 at 05:31 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Sword of Telara

I've gotta say, if you're getting killed by this... yeah. :P Sorry man, that is a very tame build. There is ONE build I've come accross using Sin/RS that's decent, but it utilizes the Akrion's Mirror (2k heal on deflect) and is a one trick pony that works excellent against other rogues and warriors. Sucks vs healers and mages.

If you are dieing to someone who's using meditative trance on you... you are dieing to someone using a pve Ember Island farming spec... and is trolling you in pvp because you're woefully under geared.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

you'd rather trion possibley takes the nerf bat to riftstalker soul or sin....?
    I think his point was that if you think that Meditative Trance is good for PvP, then you don't understand PvP enough to provide useful feedback.

Rift Disciple

or maybe I dont want them to tinker with RS with things like boosted recovery and rift scavanger added on top of medative trance and leeching poison, to quote something "every little helps"

or maybe I dont want them to tinker with RS with things like boosted recovery and rift scavanger added on top of medative trance and leeching poison, to quote something "every little helps"
    Rift scavenger is a non issue in a 1v1 fight. If rift scavenger is your concern, you are already dead. And if I have 5 points on you I am likely to use a finisher to ensure you go down than leave the points on you for a heal once you are dead, unless you have like 200 health left.
    Ashnon - 60 Rogue

I'd rather they not nerf an underpowered spec because some misinformed person whined on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

I think we're done here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast