+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Quick questions for the 4.3k ituziel rogues

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Karnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default Quick questions for the 4.3k ituziel rogues

    Are you using many short term consumables? e.g. crit pots, wrathful flames, energy pots.

    How many chloros are you using?

    Is your raid timing debuffs together on the boss, e.g Flaring power with a wild growth

    Atm our rogues only hit 4k on Ituziel with the ID gun, so I'm trying to figure out if theres something we're missing on raid buffs, or personal consumables.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Rounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnes View Post
    Are you using many short term consumables? e.g. crit pots, wrathful flames, energy pots.

    How many chloros are you using?

    Is your raid timing debuffs together on the boss, e.g Flaring power with a wild growth

    Atm our rogues only hit 4k on Ituziel with the ID gun, so I'm trying to figure out if theres something we're missing on raid buffs, or personal consumables.
    I think the "4.3k" rogues are using bloodstalker.

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    I think the "4.3k" rogues are using bloodstalker.
    You can do it with Ranger. If your Rogues have a +AP trinket like the one from Alsbeth or RotF they can pop that before the pull and switch to their regular trinket. Otherwise, a lot of it will rely on a solid WG rotation and good up time on the various debuffs. There is only so much you can do, some of that extra DPS comes from your Archon/Bard/Chloros helping you out. I think last weeks kill I ended at 4.2k with 2 Chloros; my Illuminate/CoJ DPS was a staggering 16DPS or something... so someone wasn't quite on the ball with regards to that . It's also going to depend on whether you're stacking more Fire resist over others.

    There were some attempts where I was sitting comfortably over 4.4k, but obviously those ended up as wipes. If you get some good luck with GI your DPS can really take off

  4. #4
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnes View Post
    Are you using many short term consumables? e.g. crit pots, wrathful flames, energy pots.
    I've never finished above 4.3k, I was at 4350 when I died by getting hit with 3 2k random damage from Ituziel FFS.

    It's good rng, but partially your rogues. Guildy with only undertow hits 4100 consistently with a high of 4150.

    Myself, I wanted to break 4.3 so used crit pots, energy pots, gun consumable... forgot wrathful flame, I will use one next week. Breaking 4.3 was the highest I'd ever parsed.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  5. #5
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    flames do not work on itu, i have done over 4.3k in ranger without anything other than whetstones, powersurge, and a feast(2 chloros). i do not use tablets much anymore just because they aren't nearly as needed, and i don't usually run crit pots on fights i have already downed.

    edit~ deadeye shot is your friend.
    Last edited by wickede; 05-31-2012 at 03:48 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Has anyone tried bloodstalker in a while? I have the shank now so want to try melee, try and give the mages a run for their money and maybe outparse one.

    For those who've run melee, what would you recommend? Nightblade or Sin-RS, or should I just stick with ranger?
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-01-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  7. #7
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Has anyone tried bloodstalker in a while? I have the shank now so want to try melee, try and give the mages a run for their money and maybe outparse one.

    For those who've run melee, what would you recommend? Nightblade or Sin-RS, or should I just stick with ranger?
    it depends on your guild's strat, some have the boss stationary the entire fight some move him back and forth just turning him around. it majory depends on how good your tanks are, if they do the stationary strat and stand at max melee you get almost 100% uptime only lose a few second to waves, if they don't stand at max melee there is a small chance you can instant death from a port onto the boss before you can back up. even with the other strat i have still had it parse higher than ranger, but not as high as it can parse with stationary of course, and it's a lot more work for not that much more dps. i wouldn't recomend it unless you use stationary boss.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Has anyone tried bloodstalker in a while? I have the shank now so want to try melee, try and give the mages a run for their money and maybe outparse one.

    For those who've run melee, what would you recommend? Nightblade or Sin-RS, or should I just stick with ranger?
    I like BS mostly because you can teleport past the waves if needed, saving you some disconnect time. Honestly, just try melee for a few attempts/kills and see how it works out compared to your ranger. @_@

    As for the OP, no I haven't hit 4.3k on this guy yet. Haven't had too much solid time on him actually, but there's only so much you can do for your personal dps, a lot of it is made up through your support. If your support keeps dying or is just slow to put up the buffs/debuffs, it will hurt your personal dps. Like others have said, CoJ/Illuminate missing from the boss for awhile can be a significant loss.
    Last edited by Adastra; 06-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  9. #9
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    it depends on your guild's strat, some have the boss stationary the entire fight some move him back and forth just turning him around. it majory depends on how good your tanks are, if they do the stationary strat and stand at max melee you get almost 100% uptime only lose a few second to waves, if they don't stand at max melee there is a small chance you can instant death from a port onto the boss before you can back up. even with the other strat i have still had it parse higher than ranger, but not as high as it can parse with stationary of course, and it's a lot more work for not that much more dps. i wouldn't recomend it unless you use stationary boss.
    We do stationary to help up our warrior dps. I guess I'll try NB first, backing up after porting sounds like just another pain in the *** mechanic to deal with while adjusting to melee.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    We do stationary to help up our warrior dps. I guess I'll try NB first, backing up after porting sounds like just another pain in the *** mechanic to deal with while adjusting to melee.
    The backing up part really isn't that bad... it's almost an automatic thought for this guy. O_o
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  11. #11
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnes View Post
    Are you using many short term consumables? e.g. crit pots, wrathful flames, energy pots.

    How many chloros are you using?

    Is your raid timing debuffs together on the boss, e.g Flaring power with a wild growth

    Atm our rogues only hit 4k on Ituziel with the ID gun, so I'm trying to figure out if theres something we're missing on raid buffs, or personal consumables.
    Just remembered something, are you using ap banners? We calculated it's about 100 dps per warrior/rogue.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Karnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    Yes we use banners, both ap & sp on every fight.

    Personally I've switched from BS to ranger on itu, as I've now got the gun from conclave, but no id melee weapon yet (do have soliton tho)

  13. #13
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Then it's probably gear and rotation. Things to have:
    - beastmaster
    - champ 5% crit debuff
    - warlord in tank's build (5% armor debuff)
    - archon
    - bard

    Use the rotation I posted that manages cps, managing cps is what leads to it being more dps.

    My self buffed stats just standing around in Sanctum:
    1346 ap, 1060 crit, 64.8 dps gun

    I'm still trying to break 4.3 but am confident it'll happen this week. I was at just shy of 4.3 when I died mid encounter. One guy in our raids parsed 4.2k with no gun and only 30k PAs.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-02-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Karnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    I manually manage my QS, I also try to refresh it just as the bleed ends, unless a 2cp one is ready & I'm not at 4cp already, I have the 2 cp & 1cp builders seperate for that situation.

    Quickly back to another point someone mentioned, what should be a reasonable dps for illum/coj? will check that next reset.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karnes View Post
    I manually manage my QS, I also try to refresh it just as the bleed ends, unless a 2cp one is ready & I'm not at 4cp already, I have the 2 cp & 1cp builders seperate for that situation.

    Quickly back to another point someone mentioned, what should be a reasonable dps for illum/coj? will check that next reset.
    depends on the number of chloros.

    0 = 166
    1 = 133
    2 = 100
    3 = 66

    That is with best case uptime which means multiple chloros fully chaining when there are multiple and ~1s WG end to CoJ uptime.
    Last edited by Durango; 06-02-2012 at 07:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts