+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My opinion on current Rogue status

Telaran

Default My opinion on current Rogue status

I have been playing rogue since July and I'm happy with most of the changes, still there's a lot of work left to be done.

General:

An important issue for us rogues is the energy regeneration. Some people complain it is too low and ask for a buff. Basically what is does now, is delaying certain abilities because we don't have enough energy. To me this is somewhat annoying, cause we are rogues right? We have a reduced global cooldown, and we are supposed to do damage fast. In some specs we are energy starved, in others we never are. In my opinion this energy system is blindly copied from other MMO's, and should be looked into.

Guild Wars 2 uses initiative for example. They can have a max of 10, and gain 1 every second. Basic abilities don't require any initiative or 'energy' and more advanced abilities or crowd control do instead. They dealt with this matter in a nice way, but I'm not asking for a copy. I thought about something else.

Since energy is a way of showing how energetic a character is, I think that abilities should do more damage depending on how much energy one has. The energy consuming would stay the same, but instead we can actually use our abilities even if we do not have enough energy for it. It will just do less damage. The power of an attack is determined by the current energy. You want more burst? Fine, wait till you have a full energy bar. Tablets will still have their use, and so do Anthem of Fervor and Living Energy. Anyway this is just my thought upon this matter.
    Last edited by Therawynn; 05-31-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Telaran

Assassin:

To me this soul is fine, also the HK-crystal has it's uses.

Bard:

Most of us have said it many times already. There's too much buffing going on and this leaves us being sort of 'passive', on the background. For the time being, we have 5 motifs, I think this can be reduced to 2 or 3, by combining them.
    Another thing is the Verse of Vitality. With a 60 second cooldown (without the hk crystal) and the current healing, I think it's a bit useless. either reduce the cooldown or enhance it's healing power.
    Speaking of the crystal, I think the active bonuses one gets of it, should all be looked into. It's very boring to get a 5% more damage bonus. The bard crystal would be fine it only there was more 'verses'. A solution might be to make virtuoso also a Verse.

Telaran

Bladedancer:

First thing is the Dancing Steel, 31 soul point ability. I think the cooldown on this ability is a tad too long. Secondly, the animation doesn't make me think of dancing steel, would like to see a new animation.
    For the crystal i think the 2pc bonus takes too much time to build the stacks. Every critical strike should enhance AP by 2% and stacking up to 10 times. A nice way to deal with the Dancing Steel issue is by enhancing the 4pc crystal bonus: every critical strike reduces the cooldown of dancing Steel by 0.5sec.

Marksman:

I have nothing to say about MM, I think it's current status is fine.

Telaran

Nightblade:

I think rogues lack disarms, and another disarm might fit in the Nightblade soul. What about 'Flaming Hands', a disarm with 30meter range?

Ranger:

Since Ranger are the master of hunting and know exactly where to shoot to one-shot a mob, I assume they might need an ability that ignores target armor completely, and shoots through absorbs and shields.

Riftstalker:

Overall, I'm quite happy with what the Riftstalker has become, looking at what it used to be. Still there's some things that I'd like to see changed. The 4pc hk-crystal I almost completely useless. 10% reduced damage taken for 5 seconds after Shadow blitz. Either make that 30% or make it proc on every teleport.
    About the rotation, I think it's a bit too easy. Not many things to deal with as a rogue tank. A shadow damage DoT, that spreads to other targets when hit by Rift disturbance would already be a fun addition.

Saboteur:

Saboteur has good AoE and burst at the very moment, but I still think there's room for tweaks. The 2pc hk-crystal increases the damage of our single target charges. Considering this soul is meant for AoE, I guess this is worth an overhaul. For example by removing the cooldown on Time Bomb, or by having no global cooldown on Time bomb.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Therawynn View Post
    Since energy is a way of showing how energetic a character is, I think that abilities should do more damage depending on how much energy one has.
    Go play SWTOR Sniper if you want this

Telaran

Buff sab. Dis guy for real?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Did someone say pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Did someone say pizza?
    I like pepperoni.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Riftstalker:

Overall, I'm quite happy with what the Riftstalker has become, looking at what it used to be. Still there's some things that I'd like to see changed. The 4pc hk-crystal I almost completely useless. 10% reduced damage taken for 5 seconds after Shadow blitz. Either make that 30% or make it proc on every teleport.
    Because Trion has a history of listening to the wrong people, I'd like to ask Ailion to please take special care to ignore this part.

Ascendant

Bladedancer:

First thing is the Dancing Steel, 31 soul point ability. I think the cooldown on this ability is a tad too long. Secondly, the animation doesn't make me think of dancing steel, would like to see a new animation.
    For the crystal i think the 2pc bonus takes too much time to build the stacks. Every critical strike should enhance AP by 2% and stacking up to 10 times. A nice way to deal with the Dancing Steel issue is by enhancing the 4pc crystal bonus: every critical strike reduces the cooldown of dancing Steel by 0.5sec.
    The last part seems more convulted than is really necessary. I think just reducing the base cooldown of Dancing Steel would be sufficient and a nice little improvement to BD's AoE damage.

I'd be nervous about fiddling with the 4pc crystal bonus as the current bonus is pretty critical to the soul's DPS. Some have suggested making the current 4pc bonus come naturally to the soul, which would be nice, but I don't see happening to be honest.

Definitely agree with tweaking the 2pc bonus that way to shorten the soul's build up time.

Did you save me some pizza???
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

imo, among the many other long threads posted alrdy for bard overhauling in the past YEAR.. (ahem, Trion...) put bard healing to effect 10 or more players.. not 5... wtf is barding for only 5 people? people really dont bard for 5m content.. nor should they.. bring the heals back on line at 10+ players.. as well as 99% of the other suggestions in the barding 1.9 thread...

Sword of Telara

In reference to Sab, the ONLY thing I'd do is make it so you can stack timebombs on 1 target. Increase the CD to 4 or 5 seconds, and let them stack.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Did someone say pizza?
    I miss /pizza

Sin - needs a passive increasing damage with more points past 32. Maybe bonus damage to impale. Considering sin has no aoe and is melee, should be as high or higher then any mage spec.
    NB - might be ok, wait to see how things pan out
    BD - better aoe hitting more then 5 targets, make the synergy crystal 4 piece bonus increase the duration of all dances
    Bard - overhaul needed, should be balanced around 5 man content and not raids
    RS - ?, no idea
    Ranger - seems ok, behind mages but very simple
    MM - needs a significant ST dps buff, it's falling further behind every day. It makes me sad I've finally dropped my MM spec.
    Sab - slight ST dps buff increase, overall it's ok. If stormcaller was the target it's on in aoe but behind in ST.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-01-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast