+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mandarb

Thread: Is slip away broken?

Telaran

Default Is slip away broken?

How come when I use slip away I lose hate for like 2 second's then I get re aggroed? Is this a known bug of slip away? I heard about the lag thing when you use it and the lag causes you to hit an enemy and get aggro again but I can use it and I'm not even be near the enemy and get hate again and they all gang **** me.

slip away seems to be countered if anything you previously had aggro on is still taking damage from you (dots and bleeds) or, if for some reason you have an aura (from having bard in ur spec) and other people are being buffed by it, you naturally still recieve threat no matter if you are stealthed.

I say, pop ur freedom cd, slip away, then tp out of there

Telaran

If that is the case they should let slip away remove any dot's you may have on your target to keep you from getting threat back. That would help a lot and make a lot of sense don't you think?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    If that is the case they should let slip away remove any dot's you may have on your target to keep you from getting threat back. That would help a lot and make a lot of sense don't you think?
    I think any and all PvP assassins might have a word about this with you. On the other hand, you might garner some support on other class forums for it, your best bet being mages.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    I think any and all PvP assassins might have a word about this with you. On the other hand, you might garner some support on other class forums for it, your best bet being mages.
    I thought about that maybe they could tie it into something on the soul tree or make it another ability that is optional.

nah, it just needs fixed, if you can not see your target, how can you attack it? let alone be angry with it.. if anything, you should be cautious and wary of that which a person cannot see.. pretty simple, tons of abilities transer threat or even drop it all together in game.

TRION!!!

1) There should be no threat, at all, against a player who is stealthed, regardless of the situation, dots/buffs, etc. (excluding the possible sighting due to proximity and not using elusiveness..)

2) BARDS, who though offer many buffs are almost always of no serious consequence, and there for should have next to no threat.. period.. As a bard my mere existance should not warrant instant aggro from a mob should any person being affected by barding manage to face pull said mob.. it's just rediculous, that out of all the raid wide healing and buffing going on the bard is the one to pull aggro, and with no realistic threat reduction or drop mechanic available (not at least in a spec a respectable bard would run). perhaps in the long overdue bard retooling something will be added to that deep bard spec for no threat? (not that they should have threat in the first place..).

P.S. Still waiting that invitation to work with you on fixing the Bard soul.. I've nothing but time on my hands..

P.P.S. rogue has stealth, and CC type abilities.. why did you design ID mobs to be exclusively CC'd only by mages?? it would be nice to sometimes contribute other things to the raid.. My raid group often finds themselves without enough mages to CC mobs on pulls, leaving me as a bard trying to sneak close enough without getting 1 shot by ALL of the mobs in ID who have "truesight" (and the instant high threat from having bard buffs effecting the whole raid still in stealth..)..their true sight aggro range is like 19 meters or something.. cmon' now.. other mobs have 70 meter truesight and aggro range.. sheesh.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-31-2012 at 05:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread