+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anti-warrior spec

Telaran

Default Anti-warrior spec

For the past few months I have been using NB/RS in warfronts and I'm quite happy with it. It has decent damage, good burst and overall good defence. However, when I get confronted to a warrior, I will most likely lose, even when I pop my cooldowns. Their aoe's can even burst me and others down in seconds.

Now, I'm looking for a build which is able to counter warriors while still being able to beat other classes, probably with a disarm. If you have any build which is worth using, can you please share with us, and explain a little bit?

Thank you!

NB/RS should beat any warrior you just have to know how to play against them. even if it's not up do not use annihilate in a 1v1, you need SoD as soon as possible. if it's up hit twilight shelter right at the start while you are building up 5 points for SoD, most of the time if you do that you won't need to use anything else to drop them. try to kite if possible, if they chain teleports onto you just stop and melee, but save shadow shift for a cornered beast and just port out of it and ranged them until they are smart enough to give up on cornered beast and charge you again.

Edit, if you have the gear and just want another build use a variation of the bloodstalker build that goes a little more sin and a little less MM and get the stun and stealth abilities and slip away from sin. if you have it, use 2 or 4 piece hk with the sin crystal and enjoy dotting the dps warriors and watching them drop like flies.
    Last edited by wickede; 05-30-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Therawynn View Post
    For the past few months I have been using NB/RS in warfronts and I'm quite happy with it. It has decent damage, good burst and overall good defence. However, when I get confronted to a warrior, I will most likely lose, even when I pop my cooldowns. Their aoe's can even burst me and others down in seconds.

Now, I'm looking for a build which is able to counter warriors while still being able to beat other classes, probably with a disarm. If you have any build which is worth using, can you please share with us, and explain a little bit?

Thank you!
    If you don't mind using a ranged spec, run any of the MM/RS or MM whatever specs and kite away. With that said, that's not always possible and then you'll have melee rogues to worry about. As they will most likely get some sort of opener on you and deal some damage before you create space between them.

Edit: Above poster stuff works too, but I usually roll with PvE specs cause I'm lazy to swap out roles all the time so I try to do with whatever I currently have in my role slots.
    Last edited by Adastra; 05-30-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I run 44 MM/20 Ranger/2 NB. Kiting abilities out the wazoo, loads of utility, and you can eradicate those pesky Planar Blades.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    NB/RS should beat any warrior you just have to know how to play against them. even if it's not up do not use annihilate in a 1v1, you need SoD as soon as possible. if it's up hit twilight shelter right at the start while you are building up 5 points for SoD, most of the time if you do that you won't need to use anything else to drop them. try to kite if possible, if they chain teleports onto you just stop and melee, but save shadow shift for a cornered beast and just port out of it and ranged them until they are smart enough to give up on cornered beast and charge you again.

Edit, if you have the gear and just want another build use a variation of the bloodstalker build that goes a little more sin and a little less MM and get the stun and stealth abilities and slip away from sin. if you have it, use 2 or 4 piece hk with the sin crystal and enjoy dotting the dps warriors and watching them drop like flies.
    Clear your mail box ....

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EGtRqdV0dR.-6
    ^ If it's played right, you will never die to a Warrior ever. But playing it right is a whole different story.
    It does come with a testimony from EvanX though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    OK, I was speaking to Quiescent when I said that. Not sure if you're a warrior or not, but if you were you would know the guy is dam near impossible for a warrior to beat - I can't speak for the other classes. When I come across the guy in a WF's I don't engage unless tactics dictate otherwise. Ya if I get the jump on him I can burn him down quickly, but then - poof - he's gone, kiting, purging, and bombing me as I try to get to him.

I can whack 95% of the MM's out there, but there are some - Quiescent, Veeru, Keldor, and others - that will destroy me almost every time because I have no counter for what they bring to the fight. So either they have some top secret gear that no other MM's have (I think the two I mention do use PVE weapons) or they are really really good. Sure I could root them, but oh wait he's 30M away so I can't, and even if I could he probably has a counter for that one. I could riftwalk to him, but oh wait he is 30M away, and it got purged anyway.

The point is you make it sound so easy, which is what non-warriors and bad warriors do all the time. If you're so good, and any braindead warrior can mash "2 buttons" to beat him, then prove it to me. Take him out 1v1 in a WF. Use this "package" of tools you talk about - the one that makes warriors so OP. I can tell you how it's going to turn out. The guy is good, bottom line. He's better than me. If he can do it, why can't others do it? Because they aren't as good as him, not because warriors are so OP. I could say the same thing about the mage class. I can kill most of them, but there are some that are just better than me. I don't whine that they are OP, I try to improve.

So ya, I have no idea why the guy would want to nerf riftwalk. Either he's making the case for his lessers, or he doesn't like competition.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    ^ If it's played right, you will never die to a Warrior ever. But playing it right is a whole different story.
    This is true, except if you are near LoS you will produce a stalemate, Fact is MM is silly for kiting if given the room, and Rift Walk is silly too.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Personally I just alt tab and find something else to do when confronted by a warrior. No point in fighting back so I might as read up on something.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    Clear your mail box ....
    wtb notification for full box

Plane Walker

Reminds me, had an unbelievable time as a 44/22 nb/rs running and hopping about near thonic today( Defiant side me). Literally lasted for minute ish running from 3 warriors while getting heals from their warden. I ran one way, they followed, I blinked to the enemy healer in the back and ran the other way. They backtrack and catch up, I blink to healer again. Another back track and I just shadow shifted another way. Gah, it was hilarious! Too bad I got taken down after a few more people respawned and piled more damage than heals I was stealing.
    And they did use their gap closers I think, I just blinked away to the farthest person right after, which actually made more distance between me and them.

Oh, and the way I deal with warriors is to make sure I'm confusing them by running around in circles. It's a good stalling tactic as melee can't really hit behind without non-target aoes. If that doesn't work (or just being lazy) I just keep my distance from any of those hard hitting aoes. Build up cp, use SoD, feel free to go right up to them and burn or continue to kite.

What I don't like though is being ganged up on. Hurts. Two or more warriors? kite well and burn cds if there's a chance you/your teamates can burn them down. If not, stall or run. stalling them is stalling them from killing others. I'm sure there's some instances where one rogue can beat down a few people, but against people who have a a bit of an idea on how to kill you, prospecting coming out winning is slight. Running is okay so I hear.

Unless 40 nb/26rs. Then have a hell of a time burning cds then blinking 40 meters away, remounting, and feel good at the thought that people are raging for wasting time trying to kill you.

Telaran

thanks for your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... you can't be.... BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

This spec would be infinitely better....
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MM__.dskRdRk0z.-6

/cast stealth

win.
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 06-02-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread