+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which weapon is Sab dmg based on?

Telaran

Default Which weapon is Sab dmg based on?

Melee, Ranged, or is it like Bard where it uses Main hand unless you have Ranger/MM as a sub-soul then it uses bow/gun at range and Main hand when in melee?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Spiraldown View Post
    or is it like Bard where it uses Main hand unless you have Ranger/MM as a sub-soul then it uses bow/gun at range and Main hand when in melee?
    Works like this.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Works like this.
    Ive been told its not. Its ranged if you are at range and its melee if you are close enough to auto attack with melee.

Personally i have never tested it.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Ive been told its not. Its ranged if you are at range and its melee if you are close enough to auto attack with melee.

Personally i have never tested it.
    Just did.. and as stupid as it sounds... If ur melee range (hitting with melee weapons) Damage takes a hit so I will assume its using the melee weapons. Placed charges,took a few steps back and damage was more.

Both time the Increased Fire power was active. No other buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    Just did.. and as stupid as it sounds... If ur melee range (hitting with melee weapons) Damage takes a hit so I will assume its using the melee weapons. Placed charges,took a few steps back and damage was more.

Both time the Increased Fire power was active. No other buff.
    Thanks for testing.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Thanks for testing.
    That sucks (as much as the edit timer) since we use 1 sab for Laethys progression and for those that use Sab on Conclave (I think mayi did).

Time to go range in Laethys, I will love dragon hit boxes from now on.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 05-29-2012 at 01:32 PM.

assuming you are using 10mm 5 rs ( best sab build) it scales from your ranged weapon unless you are standing in melee range, also because of this not sure if it is a bug or not, if you use a gun your bombs have 0 travel time(charges still do).

edit* not sure if not having MM will cause it to not scale with ranged weapon if you are at ranged or not, don't care to figure out cause i will never use a sab spec without it.
    Last edited by wickede; 05-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.

With a ranged soul, it uses your ranged weapon for damage calculations.

Unless you're in melee range, as in 3 meters or less from the hit box, then you'll swap to using your melee weapon.

That strange coincidence is in line with the minimum range required on ranged attacks unless you're high enough in MM to grab the talent that allows you to perform ranged attacks in melee.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Yea, it's actually the ability ranged weapon mastery that you get for free from ranger and MM that makes charges act this way. Ranged weapon mastery will automatically make you switch to ranged at range and melee in melee. The default for sab is melee so if you have a ranged sab build you need MM or Ranger for ranged weapon damage calcs.

You could go:

/startrangedattack
    cast x ability

To get around calculations based on melee weapon in melee range, but it's not worth the hassle. Some people used to do this back in the day for detonate so it would calculate damage based off of your ranged weapon. I found it didn't work well. Adding startrangedattack will also enable ranged auto attacks or melee attacks (necessary in sabdancer) but unless you put them after the ability in order (so below cast x ability) it will cause problems using abilities while jumping. It was an issue with Guuruloth or whatever his name is in GP.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    assuming you are using 10mm 5 rs ( best sab build) it scales from your ranged weapon unless you are standing in melee range, also because of this not sure if it is a bug or not, if you use a gun your bombs have 0 travel time(charges still do).
    I'm not so sure on the gun = 0 travel time. It's a weird thing for me at least. On my older PC, my FB and AB were instant most of the time, but once in awhile, my FB would actually show the travel time (wtf). On my new PC, my FB tends to have a travel time far more often, but my AB is instant. I've been using the Undertow Rifle as my ranged weapon on both cases.

I'm not sure if it's like distance related (while still being considered at range) or some fps/visual thing or what. @_@ I will test the distance thing later on though.
    Last edited by Adastra; 05-30-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Yea, it's actually the ability ranged weapon mastery that you get for free from ranger and MM that makes charges act this way. Ranged weapon mastery will automatically make you switch to ranged at range and melee in melee. The default for sab is melee so if you have a ranged sab build you need MM or Ranger for ranged weapon damage calcs.

You could go:

/startrangedattack
    cast x ability

To get around calculations based on melee weapon in melee range, but it's not worth the hassle. Some people used to do this back in the day for detonate so it would calculate damage based off of your ranged weapon. I found it didn't work well. Adding startrangedattack will also enable ranged auto attacks or melee attacks (necessary in sabdancer) but unless you put them after the ability in order (so below cast x ability) it will cause problems using abilities while jumping. It was an issue with Guuruloth or whatever his name is in GP.

Yeah, I actually run with that at the end of my detonate macro. Seems to work out fine for me. I use Ranger on Gurruloth or whatever his name is though. :P
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I'm not so sure on the gun = 0 travel time. It's a weird thing for me at least. On my older PC, my FB and AB were instant most of the time, but once in awhile, my FB would actually show the travel time (wtf). On my new PC, my FB tends to have a travel time far more often, but my AB is instant. I've been using the Undertow Rifle as my ranged weapon on both cases.

I'm not sure if it's like distance related (while still being considered at range) or some fps/visual thing or what. @_@ I will test the distance thing later on though.
    Bombs use weapon calcs but have their own animations and travel times. I don't think it matters whether you use a gun or bow for sab, you'll have a travel time either way.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Bombs use weapon calcs but have their own animations and travel times. I don't think it matters whether you use a gun or bow for sab, you'll have a travel time either way.
    lol... if FB and CB always had a travel time, then I guess my old PC's fps was so low it looked instant most of the time. X_x
    Last edited by Adastra; 05-30-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    Frag Bomb and Anni Bomb both have travel time, regardless of weapon type. Time Bomb has 0 travel time, regardless of weapon type. Gun or Bow has no effect with sab.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Frag Bomb and Anni Bomb both have travel time, regardless of weapon type. Time Bomb has 0 travel time,.
    No they don't. Only the first one, if you have precharged and haven't "Enabled" the gun yet.

Bow is another matter though, I got one of rusila last night, and had to petition it away, playing sab with bow feels like playing with 2000ms. Just horrible
    Last edited by Haipaa; 05-31-2012 at 05:23 AM.
    AFK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast