+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: If Rogues got a new Soul - what should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Ugg. I'd rather a bit of an unbalance for a couple of months then be stuck knowing that build wise what we have is what we get.
    Just think for a moment what you could do with 80 soul points.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Just think for a moment what you could do with 80 soul points.
    Hell, there have been many times I've longed for a mere 67 points. 80 is like... oh God the pain.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Maybe we just won't get more points?
    I doubt it there wouldn't be much point in leveling to 60 one thing I thought they might do with 80 pts is allow 4 souls per role to balance it.

... yes. Balance it.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Hell, there have been many times I've longed for a mere 67 points. 80 is like... oh God the pain.
    For rogues I actually think it'll end up pretty easy. One of a couple of builds will end up top:
    51sin-20rs-9mm
    51nb-19sin-10mm
    51bd-19sin-10mm
    32sin-20rs-28nb?

Ranged:

42rng-38mm
    51sab-20sin-9mm
    51rng-17sin-12mm?

MM will still suck, my money's on NB. 51 point builds have always been held back by larger crits being just out of reach. With more points 17sin-51x I'd bet will be the way to go in almost every build.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-02-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

"The pain" does not refer to the complexity of putting the builds together, but rather the potency of the delicious builds that would result from an extra 14 points. I, for one, would look forward to playing a bard in that context. ;)

Qan

"The pain" does not refer to the complexity of putting the builds together, but rather the potency of the delicious builds that would result from an extra 14 points. I, for one, would look forward to playing a bard in that context. ;)
    That's some sexy sentence structure.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

Plane Touched

For rogues I actually think it'll end up pretty easy. One of a couple of builds will end up top:
    51sin-20rs-9mm
    51nb-19sin-10mm
    51bd-19sin-10mm
    32sin-20rs-28nb?

Ranged:

42rng-38mm
    51sab-20sin-9mm
    51rng-17sin-12mm?

MM will still suck, my money's on NB. 51 point builds have always been held back by larger crits being just out of reach. With more points 17sin-51x I'd bet will be the way to go in almost every build.
    51rng 17sin 12mm would be deadly

I would love for rogue to have an aoe healer soul that you need to select the area you want to heal! I think that would be cool or just become a healing becon and you have to rrun thrrough everyone like on High Preist in RoTP.

Some sort of different play stye please!
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

Bad case: It's another DPS Soul.
    Worst case: It's a DPS Soul designed to complement Sab.

I don't see why we need another DPS soul - 6 is plenty. And given balance issues in the past, it will either end up being hugely OP, and subsequently nerfed; or, it will be weak, and never used. It's either going to be FOTM or it isn't.

I think there's merit to a healing soul. With a simultaneous rework of Bard, we could have a similar situation the Chloromancer currently has, with different spec options depending on the type of healing. And then we could have the Bard being able to function with mostly healing output or mostly damage output. It would probably make Bard more interesting to play.

It also gives us the ability to heal. I'm perfectly happy to just play my Cleric or Mage for that, but there's no harm in having more potential healers available. As long as they can make sure we're equal to Chloromancers / Clerics, it's no problem.

Tank soul would be very difficult to synergise with Riftstalker I would imagine, but if they found a way to do that, I wouldn't say no.

Alternatively, another support soul would be OK if it was interesting / fun / useful. But given how Bard is, I can't imagine Trion have it in them (as much as I love them)

Telaran

I'm sorry. I know that I will get flamed to Hadies and back again but I have to say it after reading so many of these post. WHY does everyone want to heal as a rogue?! Why?! We have healers. They are mages and clerics. If people want to heal so bad...role a mage or cleric. The rogue does have a healing support soul that if TRION would pay attention to it, it has potential. The bard just needs to be fixed. IF there HAS to be a new soul forced on us then make it have to do with....I don't know, tanking or some kind of support role that has synergy with bard I guess but PLEASE, NO healing! I don't want to be able to do the same thing every other class does.

Quote Originally Posted by mystang89 View Post
    WHY does everyone want to heal as a rogue?! Why?! We have healers. They are mages and clerics. If people want to heal so bad...role a mage or cleric. The rogue does have a healing support soul that if TRION would pay attention to it, it has potential. The bard just needs to be fixed.
    I do have a cleric alt, but with the game setup like it is with PAs and faction grinds, I almost never get around to playing it. I do MMs and alt runs, that's it. I play to raid and the requirements to get into raiding are very high.

Bard is the only class that's been nerfed and is in a worse state then release. I don't think rogues views on bard are the same as devs or the devs would have already fixed Bard. People have been asking for bard changes since 1.2 with almost nothing done.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I do have a cleric alt, but with the game setup like it is with PAs and faction grinds, I almost never get around to playing it. I do MMs and alt runs, that's it. I play to raid and the requirements to get into raiding are very high.

Bard is the only class that's been nerfed and is in a worse state then release. I don't think rogues views on bard are the same as devs or the devs would have already fixed Bard. People have been asking for bard changes since 1.2 with almost nothing done.
    This. And with those kinds of attitudes (@mystang89) - I hope you don't complain about lack of heals in wfs. PVP is in sore need of more healing souls across callings.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Soulwalker

I think a Rogue soul that that enables 2 handed weapons would be pretty cool. It would add a little bit of variety to classes such as Riftstalker, Ranger, etc... I mean, it would be perfect for races like the Bahmi. A heavy rogue anyone?

Currently Rogue have:
    3 Melee weapon using Souls: Assasin, Nightblade, Bladedancer.
    3 Unique Souls: Riftstalker, Bard, Saboteur.
    2 Bow/Gun using Souls: Ranger and Marksman.

To complete the Trinity, they will add a Soul to Ranger/Marksman.
    To make it attractive to players, they will add a new special weapon for it: Dual Pistols.

And so the Rogue souls will be complete.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1150061&dateline=1300  793703

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast