+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The (un)official rogue 1.9 anticipation/feedback thread

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default The (un)official rogue 1.9 anticipation/feedback thread

    Current Rogue changes in 1.9:
    Quote Originally Posted by patch notes
    ROGUE

    RIFTSTALKER
    * Rift Barrier: Now generates threat from non-reflectable attacks received while Rift Guard is active.
    Previous Thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ck-thread.html

    Things that should be worked on.

    1. Energy - tablet bandaid was nice ,but it is time to put this issue to bed. Simply increase rogue energy regen to 28-32 energy per second.

    2. Blade dancer - While blade dancer is competitive. Most people don't run this spec because of several reasons. I'd like to see the rotation to be simplified and some passive AoE. I suggest making the damage cooldowns into passives and adding aoe versions of quick/precision strike based off of twin strike.

    3. AoE in general - Some AoE's give combo points while others do not. I'd like to see some more aoe finishers added across the board and specifically, fan out to become a combo point generator. Despite the sab overhaul rogues are still not competitive in aoe dps for the most part.

    4. Rogue self heals - This needs to be looked at. Especially if the level cap is raised. The other 3 callings have self heals that scale with damage and aoe abilities. Rogues have leeching and rift scavenger. ICD and lack of finishers put us at a disadvantage when compared to the other 3 callings. Not to mention sab abilities do not work with either of these two healing abilities for various reasons.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 05-28-2012 at 07:23 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Bard needs to be looked at. I prefer to play bard but I am more benefit to the raid to dps. Make it so there is an equal benefit to the raid for having a skilled/geared bard.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phellman2 View Post
    Bard needs to be looked at. I prefer to play bard but I am more benefit to the raid to dps. Make it so there is an equal benefit to the raid for having a skilled/geared bard.
    And make it so that bard isn't so frustrating to play. Motifs would be fine... if there were one or two of them, or if they had a dramatically increased duration. As it is, it's just busywork to keep them all active, and you can't even macro them into one key.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    The only thing i agree with is that bladedancer should be simplified. It's rotation is just annoying and it doesn't do high enough numbers to justify it's complexity.

    Energy is getting to be a very tired subject. We all know we have energy issues, but buffing it to the point you suggest would make energy a non-factor. We already have the highest single target spec in the game AND a very nice second option with ranger. Which both are very playable in raid situations. Yes, I hate being energy starved without fervor (or at the very least LE) but that's just the way the game is. It's time to move on.

    AOE??? Sab is the highest aoe spec in the game. What more do you want?

    And lastly, Self heals. Why do we need self heals? Even the concept is bad. A ROGUE that can magically heal himself? I've seen your video PA grinding on EI, and i do it myself. Our solo build IMO is OP. Adding more self heals i think is just asking for too much.

    So in conclusion i personally think rogues are in a great spot. While at times without an energy buff they aren't AS good as they can be, we really shine in many areas. I would say stop whining about what we don't have and enjoy what we do have (before it gets nerfed).

    Thanks,
    Dreezie

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I agree the tablet was a nice fix, however its not fair how we are the only class that actually is dependent on our energy resource. When i get into an expert and i see a cleric healer i might as well just afk because half the time im going to be out of energy, sitting there not being able to cast abilities. It just makes for a poor play experience.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Malignos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I'd like for bards to be looked at very closely.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealGandhi View Post
    I agree the tablet was a nice fix, however its not fair how we are the only class that actually is dependent on our energy resource. When i get into an expert and i see a cleric healer i might as well just afk because half the time im going to be out of energy, sitting there not being able to cast abilities. It just makes for a poor play experience.
    Seriously?? AFK? This is my point. Even with a cleric healer we should be able to out dps almost any other calling. I just don;t like people biitching that they can't dps like they can in raid settings when they are in 5 mans. Stop being so dramatic.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    577

    Default

    More PvP stuff, and more PvPers.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    The reason Bladedancer is rarely used isn't so much that the rotation is too complicated for people to get their head around (it's not that complex after all) but because the build up time is often too long to be practical. Due to the way the 2pc crystal bonus works the crystal stacks resetting can be a disaster as it needs roughly 30 seconds to get back up to speed again.

    Change it from 20 stacks of 1% AP to 5 x 4% or even 10 x 2% and the build up would be much quicker.

    Improving the AoE a little would be nice too. I'd like to see the cooldown on Dancing Steel reduced a bit personally, say down to 1 minute from 2.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    The reason Bladedancer is rarely used isn't so much that the rotation is too complicated for people to get their head around (it's not that complex after all) but because the build up time is often too long to be practical. Due to the way the 2pc crystal bonus works the crystal stacks resetting can be a disaster as it needs roughly 30 seconds to get back up to speed again.

    Change it from 20 stacks of 1% AP to 5 x 4% or even 10 x 2% and the build up would be much quicker.

    Improving the AoE a little would be nice too. I'd like to see the cooldown on Dancing Steel reduced a bit personally, say down to 1 minute from 2.
    Agree here. The rotation is actually very simple....

    1-2-1-2-finisher

    What's complicated about that?

    People don't play it because it underperforms in raids, it's not even good on trash.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealGandhi View Post
    I agree the tablet was a nice fix, however its not fair how we are the only class that actually is dependent on our energy resource. When i get into an expert and i see a cleric healer i might as well just afk because half the time im going to be out of energy, sitting there not being able to cast abilities. It just makes for a poor play experience.
    This is why I generally go sabo (or MM if you don't have) since mobs will probably be dead well before the starvation really kicks in. :P
    White Fang

    Adastra@Greybriar

  12. #12
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Agree here. The rotation is actually very simple....

    1-2-1-2-finisher

    What's complicated about that?

    People don't play it because it underperforms in raids, it's not even good on trash.
    The rotation sounds simple when you leave most of it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  13. #13
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    The rotation sounds simple when you leave most of it out.
    Pressing oGCD cooldowns isn't difficult either.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    Pressing oGCD cooldowns isn't difficult either.
    Especially with help from an N52 or G whatever keyboard, though I wouldn't do something like that...
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

    NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Let's be honest, the only reason Zyzyx made this thread was for point 4. His ceaseless endeavor to get a self-healing rogue was boring pre-1.8 but is now at the point where his posting rights should be withdrawn.
    Last edited by Zazen; 05-29-2012 at 07:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts