+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stat question for Bard

Shadowlander

Default Stat question for Bard

I quit Rift so my husband plays both our characters now and since he's too chicken to ask anyone I'll ask. For bard isn't Dex and attack power pretty much the only stats you need? He thinks you need intelligence and spell power etc. I told him he was stupid why would they make you have different stats and gear for 1 class? For tank class I understand you have your dps soul and you have your tank so so naturally you won't need blocking for dps. Anywho am I right or no? Thanks again guys

Yes, Dex and Attack Power is the way to go as bard.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by abreen28 View Post
    I quit Rift so my husband plays both our characters now and since he's too chicken to ask anyone I'll ask. For bard isn't Dex and attack power pretty much the only stats you need? He thinks you need intelligence and spell power etc. I told him he was stupid why would they make you have different stats and gear for 1 class? For tank class I understand you have your dps soul and you have your tank so so naturally you won't need blocking for dps. Anywho am I right or no? Thanks again guys

Truth^
    And this should be in the rogue forums. At the very least the class forums. For shame!

k i'm done. Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Shadowlander

yeah sorry I was just pissed because he was annoying me about it lol

Quote Originally Posted by abreen28 View Post
    yeah sorry I was just pissed because he was annoying me about it lol
    lol tbh I don't really care.. Just feeling obnoxious atm. I'm happy you didn't take that in a negative manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Soulwalker

Because bard is not as gear dependent are we better off wearing our tanking gear with extra endurance to increase out HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopbeard View Post
    Because bard is not as gear dependent are we better off wearing our tanking gear with extra endurance to increase out HP?
    You can do that IF you have a hard time avoiding mechanics, but with more ap you do more healing (which isn't your primary role but it's always nice to help out with healing).

R60 Rogue | Icewatch EU | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | HM 4/4 | GA 3/4 |YouTube | Twitch.tv

As a bard, you have to do what is needed for the raid.(because bard isn't really needed for anything else)
    So... question is, aside from initial bard buffing, are you there as some extra heals (like a raid group still new to ID and having raid wide healing issues)? or, is the raid healing fine w/o you and you can focus on additional utility?

if the raid is short healing, then stack AP, APAPAP, lots of AP, you should be near crit cap naturally. To maximize raid healing, assuming your ranged weapon is of higher DPS stat than your main hand melee weapon, use the "Burnbard" spec found in the rogue forums. focus on getting shielding greaters and shielding trinkets (or if you can get GI use that for superior + to AP.

IF, raid healing is a non issue, then go utility bard, pretty much the standard 51 point with 10mm and 5 rs. Then, set up your core and trinkets to add +ap/sp to raid on proc. In this spec, you will focus on maintaining motiffs (as is usual for resonance) but also on tapping VoJ w/e needed/when its up.
    (if the raid does not need VoJ, then burn bard is a safe bet.. having more healing ability is never a bad thing)
    you could wear some high END stuff.. but really, as a bard we get to look at the raid with much more perspective.. and we should be the last ones getting hit by silly stuff...

look at the stats, out weigh the benefits, see which offers the most AP in the end. (CoR healing comes mostly from AP, where Invigorated soul stems mostly from dmg done via weapon dps+ small contribution from AP)

You can pretty much follow the BiS tables for rogue dps and do fine, with simply swapping out trinket and source machines.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-21-2012 at 07:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread