+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rogue crit cap

Default rogue crit cap

is rogue crit cap 1198 crit rating or 45% crit. Do i need to hit 45% base crit? or lets say i have the 5 points into eagle eye for the extra 5% do i only need 40%+5% from eagle eye or still 45%+5% from eagle eye to make it 50%? next question is 45% the cap or are we just getting to 45% because we expect to have a support to give us that extra 5% to make it 50% in raids or groups?

Thanks for any responses
    Last edited by RazorBurn; 05-18-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot a number
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    is rogue crit cap 1198 crit rating or 45% crit. Do i need to hit 45% base crit? or lets say i have the 5 points into eagle eye for the extra 5% do i only need 40%+5% from eagle eye or still 45%+5% from eagle eye to make it 50%? next question is 45% the cap or are we just getting to 45% because we expect to have a support to give us that extra 5% to make it 50% in raids or groups?

Thanks for any responses
    1186 fully raid buffed is the crit cap. This equates to ROUGHLY 1020 unbuffed rating, due to the raid buffs you should be getting.

1186 = 45% crit. I believe 45% ITSELF is the crit soft cap. After this, the amount of rating you need for 1% crit increases dramatically, to something ridiculous like 200 rating for 1% crit. It's just not worth it.

The crit hard cap is 60%. Beyond 60%, you will not receive ANY benefit from crit rating.

x% critical chance abilities/talents will still give you the full benefit past 45%. I'm not sure about past 60% however, as I've never bothered to test it.

thank you for the reply. you just helped me in so many ways. everytime i would ask in game it was either a trolled up awsner or a bunch of iunnos or nothing
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    x% critical chance abilities/talents will still give you the full benefit past 45%. I'm not sure about past 60% however, as I've never bothered to test it.
    Seeing how Bloodstalkers consistently get 80% actual critrates on skills, I'd conclude that your talents and procs do get you past 60% easily. To 100% needs to be tested, but impossible currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    Seeing how Bloodstalkers consistently get 80% actual critrates on skills, I'd conclude that your talents and procs do get you past 60% easily. To 100% needs to be tested, but impossible currently.
    Actually this isn't true. With bladedancer you get Blade and Soul Parity which increases your crit chance by 50% which brings it past 100%. It's one of the reasons bladedancer doesn't scale as well as you'd think in raids.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Pretty sure this stuff's in one of the many stickies around.

45% is the soft cap, 60% is the hard cap for crit rating based on stats as in dex and +phys crit rating.

Anything that grants you +% crit is not included in the cap

So a raid geared BS with ~47% crit in stats with buffs, +5% from sin talents, +5% from bard motif, +5% from lethal, +15% from ruthless stalker, +5% from archon nets you approximately 80% crit rate.

With the same set of raid buffs, if you manage to hit crit hard cap (which is in the neighborhood of 3000+ crit rating and impossible at the moment), you'd have 95% crit rate from current BS builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Actually this isn't true. With bladedancer you get Blade and Soul Parity which increases your crit chance by 50% which brings it past 100%. It's one of the reasons bladedancer doesn't scale as well as you'd think in raids.
    Oo, true, missed that one as I haven't touched BD in a long while.
    Last edited by Rounded; 05-19-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Qan

My sig's going to be a wall of text in a few weeks.
    Rogue DPS BiS | Critical Hit | Soft Cap: 1187 | Hard Cap: 3163
    Retired | ANet: Qan.4672 | Steam: qankriegor

+ Reply to Thread