+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Differences in DPS

Telaran

Default Differences in DPS

I am about to get my fourth piece of HK gear to proc my 4-piece bonus. I have HK weapons in all slots (46.4 weapons in melee, 57.3 bow).

My question is, what is the approximate difference in the following specs with the four-piece bonus: 51 Ranger/15 mm, 32 sin/20 rs/14 mm, and 51 bd/10 sin/5 rs

I don't need exact numbers. I just want to know how these three specs compare to each other given 4pc bonus and HK weapons.

Single Target Fights:
    Cleave-style Fights:

Thanks
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    I am about to get my fourth piece of HK gear to proc my 4-piece bonus. I have HK weapons in all slots (46.4 weapons in melee, 57.3 bow).

My question is, what is the approximate difference in the following specs with the four-piece bonus: 51 Ranger/15 mm, 32 sin/20 rs/14 mm, and 51 bd/10 sin/5 rs

I don't need exact numbers. I just want to know how these three specs compare to each other given 4pc bonus and HK weapons.

Single Target Fights:
    Cleave-style Fights:

Thanks
    Pure ST BS is about 250 higher than Ranger/BD. **** AoE.
    BD will do same ST as ranger in Melee Friendly fights, it will do way more AoE than Ranger though.
    Ranger is awesome for melee friendly fights.

Basically if you need pure ST, its BS for melee friendly fights, Ranger otherwise.

If you need some cleaving, BD for melee friendly fights, Ranger otherwise.

Ranger is horrible for King/Prince and Inquisitor btw, many mechanics makes the pet not attack the boss because it think it will "die".
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Telaran

Thanks for the info.

BD vs. BS...which is more viable for more fights in HK? I've been pretty much steady as ranger/MM for everything so far, and I want to branch out into melee to be more versatile.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    Thanks for the info.

BD vs. BS...which is more viable for more fights in HK? I've been pretty much steady as ranger/MM for everything so far, and I want to branch out into melee to be more versatile.
    Bloodstalker isn't useable on very many fights in HK, and many of the ones where you can use it aren't hard to begin with (Sicaron is the only one that has any degree of challenge to it, and most of your wipes on him will be due to mistakes that high DPS can't correct).

It's worth learning how to play it, but the rotation is actually substantially more demanding than any other rogue spec, so if you're having trouble learning a fight, I'd stick with a spec that demands less attention to help with your awareness.

Ranger is going to be your go-to spec for most of HK. Personally, I carry an MM spec (for utility), a ranger spec (for melee-unfriendly fights), bladedancer (for AoE fights or groups without Living Energy), and Bloodstalker (for e-peening the meters on single target burns).

No Saboteur for AoE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    No Saboteur for AoE?
    The only fights where Sab AoE is reasonably useful are Inquisitor (which is pretty lol to begin with) and perhaps Akylios.

And I tank both of those fights.

Champion

Run Bloodstalker for Murd/Sicaron/Ituziel

Ranger for everything else, unless needed for a ranged interrupt (Molinar maybe)

Need AoE or interrupt? Add warriors.

Where would you put the 49 NB/17 Sin? I've been having it for a couple of days now and the numbers I get are quite decent. The melee/range attacks I find very useful for fights where you need to chase the boss around and you can still damage boss in those gaps where he is not in your melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Where would you put the 49 NB/17 Sin? I've been having it for a couple of days now and the numbers I get are quite decent. The melee/range attacks I find very useful for fights where you need to chase the boss around and you can still damage boss in those gaps where he is not in your melee range.
    I only run 49nb on akylios, matron and zilas for cleaving madness, it's fun but it's easily screwed up by forgetting to take a look at your retention stacks.

It's technically easier BD with less AoE.
    Last edited by Rounded; 05-13-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    I run NB on Grugonim, and I've tried running BS on him as well. It's just very annoying to back up a few steps each blink, plus the positioning to ensure your backstab can be used. Oh, and I run NB for a specific boss in RotP. ;)
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Run Bloodstalker for Murd/Sicaron/Ituziel

Ranger for everything else, unless needed for a ranged interrupt (Molinar maybe)

Need AoE or interrupt? Add warriors.
    I would not run BS on Ituziel unless he's on farm. Otherwise I agree.

Generally ranger on progression, BS on farm when viable.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

DB1

49NB is good too imo best of both worlds maybe 200 less st dps than BS but still has decent ae for ranged fights I use Rng if its a fight where the pet might die use old faithful MM.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Plane Walker

At least one Rogue in your raid should be running either 49 NB or BS for Lethal Poison on EVERY fight.
    Last edited by Neykho; 05-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    At least one Rogue in your raid should be running either 49 NB or BS for Lethal Poison on EVERY fight.
    Or Bladedancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    or you could have the warriors apply the -5% crit debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast