+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bow travel time

Default Bow travel time

So I got this cool bow from Rusila Dreadblade, I was really excited and did some pvp to show off my bow and flex my epeen, but the travel time of my bow made me cry because all of my KBs were stolen.

Guns and Bows should function the same way. It screws my deeps too.

P.S. the Relic is a bow too :P

baddie. ^^

welcome to 5 months ago.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    So I got this cool bow from Rusila Dreadblade, I was really excited and did some pvp to show off my bow and flex my epeen, but the travel time of my bow made me cry because all of my KBs were stolen.

And sadly thats not the only problem you have with a bow in pvp....see those lines traveling to your targets? yeah those lines that tell everyone wheres the sneaky rogue? THATS your biggest problem in pvp :P

PS and yeah.. old problem.. thats why Guardians got a GUN now for pvp.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 05-14-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Ascendant

. . . which sucks considering guns are so damn annoying. They really need to make a silencer that makes it sound like movie silencers (not real silencers) . . . either that or make comic book style "Bam" "Kapow" "Boom" words come out of guns.

Ascendant

Old issue, and yes, I agree, bow and guns should both function the same. I suggested just making the actual damage from the bow instant, but keeping the graphic/animations. Someone trashed that suggestion.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    welcome to 5 months ago.
    sure, this issue was brought up awhile back. But how long have we been talking about energy? :P

We should put bows in our avatar now or something. I realize they gave us a gun for pvp. cool. But it just made the bow worthless, didn't really fix anything. Bows also have a disadvantage in pve aswell, travel times can screw you with reflects (laethys). I just don't understand why they function differently.

Exo

sure, this issue was brought up awhile back. But how long have we been talking about energy? :P

We should put bows in our avatar now or something. I realize they gave us a gun for pvp. cool. But it just made the bow worthless, didn't really fix anything. Bows also have a disadvantage in pve aswell, travel times can screw you with reflects (laethys). I just don't understand why they function differently.
    This was changed months ago the animation is just that animation the hit the dmg and purge or interrupt is instant now.

This is no longer an issue unless something has changed in the past few days
    Raid lead and Rogue Lead
    "Eternity" Greybriar

Rift Disciple

A) This is just a veiled brag post
    B) Of course the travel time for you bow is slow, are you hurling it at people? You bow doesn't travel anywhere, the arrows do.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    This was changed months ago the animation is just that animation the hit the dmg and purge or interrupt is instant now.

This is no longer an issue unless something has changed in the past few days
    Are you sure, I thought they just fixed eradicate, but any damaging shots still do damage on impact as opposed to a gun which are instant. This means that anytime you are trying to tag anything, or just get that last shot it you always lose.

I think bows still delay your CPs appearing, could be an illusion. I thought they only fixed the travel speed for interrupts and purges. Guess I need to test it out to be sure. I'd still like the ID relic to be a gun.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Are you sure, I thought they just fixed eradicate, but any damaging shots still do damage on impact as opposed to a gun which are instant. This means that anytime you are trying to tag anything, or just get that last shot it you always lose.
    correct. only eradicate/deaden... interrupts are instant regardless of bow or gun.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Timing bow KB steals is a finesse. I have gotten pretty good at it myself since the Defiants were allowed to purchase pvp bows.

Also bows can also work in your favor in pvp. Targets move when they realize they are getting hurt more often. You can nearly send the 4th CP hit on the way sometimes in pvp before any damage is coming their way. IME the delay at times has allowed me to sneak in enough damage to kill them because they did react to taking damage, but due to the delay they died as they ran off.

What bugs me though is the consistency. Some abilities travel time, some don't, travel time causes slight mechanical bugs (sabs tossing charges too fast and detonating), 1 weapon gives abilities travel times, another weapon nixes them. I just wish it was consistent. Either abilities hit the enemy the second they are casted or give everything a realistic travel time. The way they pick and choose among abilities and furthermore how ranged weapon choice dictates it....such a terrible mess of inconsistency.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Travel time aside, the arrow animation hardly matters anymore what with nameplates giving your position away regardless.

HEY, WHAT'S THAT BIG RED NAME PLATE DOING IN THE BUSHES?!

I got the same cool bow last night off of Rusi. Big upgrade fron Sailors
    LFG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast