+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tablets, Fervor, and Energy - Problems and Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Why not fix the real issue instead of putting a band-aid on the situation?

Talking sense to most of these Devs is like talking to a brick wall, and why more then likely i'm out after Maelforge goes down.
    Man, if you do this, I will be stuck having to talk to Qan or something all the time. You really gonna make me go talk to a Guardian ?

Okay, now in seriousness.
    Yes, this is a band aid to a much larger problem.
    One can hope that the Devs with atleast acknowledging this much, will continue to look into what the cause of this all is.
    No, we should not have to be the only class that is dependent on Fervor to keep our viable Raid specs even close to running, because lets face it, we can not keep them running even with the max amount of regen we have in game. Everyone outside of a Rogue use to say, you are just crying because only Bloodstalker is this way. Sorry news flash, it is much more then just Bloodstalker that has this effect.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I would't call asking your archon for mana or using a Mana Tonic as resource management but whatever. I run SC/Pyro in dungeons, Have to drink 1-2 during a dungeon, no big deal or just pop a mana pot if im lazy.

51 BD, the most efficient rogue build even requires LE to run.
    Time to grab this new avatar

Ascendant

The real issue is for anything to happen, we have to start a mini riot on the forums for any of our issues to be acknowledged.

And where is our own class dev speaking on this issue?

Probably working on sab healing or something ;P

My question to the devs is this :

Why have an energy/power/mana resource if you don't have to manage it?

(If I am wrong on any of these, please correct me as I barely play Rift anymore, I log on for my daily dungeon/MMs twice a week, and to Raid)

- Mages do not have to manage mana outside of Stormcaller
    - Clerics do not have to manage mana outside of some DoL builds
    - Warriors have ONE build which requires Living Energy
    - Rogues on the other hand, require Fervor for nearly every viable raiding spec.

TL;DR - Why bring a rogue to the raid? When you can comp stack the other 3 callings and have LE/Run Speed.
    I agree with everything said here and I'm wondering the same and have been for quite some time.

It is ok if Trion admits that they messed up on resource management and plan on making people manage their resources again eventually, but in the present, rogues are the only calling that RELIES on raid buffs to do it's damage. This is due to not being able to take ANY advantage of a 1 sec GCD due to energy issues.

I'm not sure I understand the total reluctance to boost rogue energy to where we are on par with the other callings and their "management" of resources.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Can you just maybe mistype and up it 2 while you're in there changing it Daglar? =)

Either way thanks the prompt reply.

Do we have to change to the fervor avatar now?
    Last edited by barrysneaks; 05-07-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Rogue

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #110
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by barrysneaks View Post
    Do we have to change to the fervor avatar now?
    Pretty much can assure you, I won't be responding to a new avatar based on fervor.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the total reluctance to boost rogue energy to where we are on par with the other callings and their "management" of resources.
    But you see, this is why Trion more then likely has no intent on every resolving the issue. We are on par with other callings as we sit in terms of dmg. IF They where to make any change to this, they would then have to redo all the balancing of the other classes to bring them up to our potential of dmg. You know, something they could have avoided if they would have addressed this problem a long time ago. Instead of taking care of the problem then, Trion continued it's balancing of other classes, while leaving one completely out of whack in energy management.

There is no management in the other callings, besides for the most part, the specs that Kokie listed out.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Pretty much can assure you, I won't be responding to a new avatar based on fervor.

~Daglar
    Can you please answer my question in my previous post?

Quote Originally Posted by Taleon View Post
    But you see, this is why Trion more then likely has no intent on every resolving the issue. We are on par with other callings as we sit in terms of dmg. IF They where to make any change to this, they would then have to redo all the balancing of the other classes to bring them up to our potential of dmg. You know, something they could have avoided if they would have addressed this problem a long time ago. Instead of taking care of the problem then, Trion continued it's balancing of other classes, while leaving one completely out of whack in energy management.
    "Living Energy and Fervor no longer affect energy consumption. Rogue energy regeneration increased."

Possibly increase warrior regen slightly as well, since they have a spec that requires LE.

Bam, problem solved. No DPS rebalancing required.

Can you please answer my question in my previous post?
    You mean this one ?
    "TL;DR - Why bring a rogue to the raid? When you can comp stack the other 3 callings and have LE/Run Speed ? "

You mean this one ?
    "TL;DR - Why bring a rogue to the raid? When you can comp stack the other 3 callings and have LE/Run Speed ? "
    So they can Bard

ZING!
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Champion

You mean this one ?
    Yessir, along with "Why have an energy/power/mana resource if you don't have to manage it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    So they can Bard

ZING!
    Trolololololol
    Last edited by Kokie; 05-07-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Ascendant

There is no management in the other callings, besides for the most part, the specs that Kokie listed out.
    It's very frustrating after that warrior energy fix. BOTH warriors AND rogues needed energy fixes. 1 class got them, one did not.

Daglar, out of curiosity - Will warriors be receiving a 1 energy a second boost to power regen as well? Technically they would be effected by this tablet change.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    "Living Energy and Fervor no longer affect energy consumption. Rogue energy regeneration increased."

Possibly increase warrior regen slightly as well, since they have a spec that requires LE.

Bam, problem solved. No DPS rebalancing required.
    That might fix the regen issues of a Rogue, but they would in turn end up doing some dmg adjustments, thus lowering our potential dmg if a Rogue was to be allowed the same "management" of the other callings. Not a lot no, but would require some.
    And all callings have at least one spec that requires some management, I am not saying any one calling can get away with out fervor or LE.

My point was more, they should have looked into this problem a while back, instead of doing AP adjustments, and dmg balancing of other callings, while Rogues where still fubared in terms of energy, because sooner or later they would have to come back around to fix Rogues, and thus throw everything out of whack again

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Thanks you for this change.

Looking forward to the next moment when our total dependance on LE/Fervor can be addressed in a similar fashion to how it was addressed for warriors.
    I was wondering if we'd change the avatars to something new or just welp this one away. Haha.

The real issue is for anything to happen, we have to start a mini riot on the forums for any of our issues to be acknowledged.

And where is our own class dev speaking on this issue?

Probably working on sab healing or something ;P
    God I hope so.

They seem to understand why sab needs access to self healing about as much as they understand about rogue energy regen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

What is the effect on bloodstalker dps who never has a chance of being energy starved? Constantly doing 2 at most 3 point final blows not having to worry about energy. You can't do that now for an extended period of time even with fervor and tablet. So how much would that increase BS dps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast