+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tablets, Fervor, and Energy - Problems and Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    It would make fervor 100% useless
    You mean like it is for most specs of the other callings?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    You cannot adjust it so that we have passive fervor. It would make fervor 100% useless, in addition to having to change fervor entirely at that point.
    Fervor is as important as the number of rogues you have in raid and most of the time I see LE/Run speed. SO tell me, how important is fervor Now? We dont see fervor often in raids and we dont have it for non raid content.

I think we use fervor on ID's first boss. And, unlike fervor, LE has no penalty for using it. A Chloro can either put LE or not but you loose 20% run speed for fervor.

Rogue energy regen will be changed from 23 per second to 24 per second.
    Tablets will have energy regeneration removed from them.
    This gives you the effective energy regen of a character using a tablet - for free and all the time.

We will not be addressing concerns regarding fervor or other energy regen buffs at this moment in time.

Daglar
    Lead Game Designer: Rift
    this proposed push is sort of in the right direction, temporarily, but this is essenially adding 1 energy to our current regen.. by saying our regen will be similar to that of a tablet doesn't mean we are getting our current regen + tablet regen, it would mean we are getting +1 to regen while losing the tablet energy all together.
    current regen+tablet= total regen per second
    vs.
    current regen+1=total regen per second (being less than current regen+tablet)

meaning.. that you will actually have less energy while solo, as tablets will no longer have an effect.
    in a raid we have :

regen+tablet+fervor~LE=total raid regen per second

I have been starved in a raid with tablets on.. this actual proposed change will mean more starvation in raid with tablets and fervor.. or i might be wrong, idk, i always bard anyways, so i'm all about providing energy, maye my math is bad, or my years of college english, i'm pretty sure I understand the dictionary fine (something I have noticed Trion has issues with, in having the wrong words for the wrong term)

am I wrong in understanding that going from 23eps to 24eps on regen and not having the + from tablet will come out to being less energy regained over time?

I thought we were asking to eliminate our need to use tablets unlike other classes via a change that would make us not have to use them.. not a change that would mean that they are useless and we are now more starved.

Xbox did a similar thing with their red ring of death, they didn't fix the issue, they simply removed the visual error code indicator of "RRoD" and the consumers were none the wiser, the problem still is there (87% failuire rate btw)

p.s. don't bother with replies counting out all of my English writing errors, as I really don't care in this context, "when in rome...."
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-07-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    am I wrong in understanding that going from 23eps to 24eps on regen and not having the + from tablet will come out to being less energy regained over time?
    Yes, because a tablet ordinarily brings you from 23 EPS to 24.

just means that you will always have the energy from a tablet added to your normal regen. Rogue regen+tablet now will be the same as after the fix but when you dont pop a tablet, you will still have its regen. (sorta)

so we actually gain 1 regen when solo and nothing while raiding. They are not giving nor taking, just changing where we get the regen from (us vs tablets).

Its a trivial change to our pockets nothing else. The NEED for tablets will still be there but the prices might go down.
    Last edited by Gynxz; 05-07-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Math and other arguments aside, the argument that it costs too much is bunk.

This stuff literally falls out of the sky, and you have the option of opening specific rifts to get them. Defend a point on an EI invasion event once a day and you'll probably be stocked with more rift consumables than you could use.

They are pretty flippin' easy to come by if you just play. If you raid log, I don't care about you. QQ moar.

I've ~300 of them stockpiled just from opening the puresources i randomly got doing events and keeping the tablets. What did YOU do with them?

Plane Touched

Has anyone suggested changing Fervor or LE to reducing cooldowns of abilities by x%, and in turn increasing the energy rate of rogues/warriors?

Is this a terrible suggestion? Why/why not?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I've ~300 of them stockpiled just from opening the puresources i randomly got doing events and keeping the tablets. What did YOU do with them?
    If you're doing raiding progression, it's not at all unreasonable to go through up to 30 of them per night. Possibly more if you're on a particularly aggressive/hardcore raiding schedule. That's 90+ tablets a week, depending on how many hours and nights you raid.

Unless you're farming rifts like a madman, no one gets that many tablets on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post
    Has anyone suggested changing Fervor or LE to reducing cooldowns of abilities by x%, and in turn increasing the energy rate of rogues/warriors?

Is this a terrible suggestion? Why/why not?
    It would require a major overhaul of many, many specs. Theoretically possible to balance, but it would require an inordinate amount of time to do so.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    If you're doing raiding progression, it's not at all unreasonable to go through up to 30 of them per night. Possibly more if you're on a particularly aggressive/hardcore raiding schedule. That's 90+ tablets a week, depending on how many hours and nights you raid.

Unless you're farming rifts like a madman, no one gets that many tablets on a regular basis.
    Yea, what he posted is insane. You might get, and this is if you're very lucky, 10 Elders from a major water invasion in EI. Most of the loot from puresources is planarite/crappy lessers/artifacts nobody needs anymore, and, lastly, Elder Tablets.

Math and other arguments aside, the argument that it costs too much is bunk.

This stuff literally falls out of the sky, and you have the option of opening specific rifts to get them. Defend a point on an EI invasion event once a day and you'll probably be stocked with more rift consumables than you could use.

They are pretty flippin' easy to come by if you just play. If you raid log, I don't care about you. QQ moar.

I use them to raid, YOU?
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I use them to raid, YOU?
    So do I. Progression in ID thusfar has consumed maybe one stack of 50 total.

Bosses that were killed usually don't take more than a few pulls to kill again.

Sorry, there's nothing in ID, so far, that's been -that- hard.

Each wing's been cleared in the 3 hour raid window we have upon their release.

All the ID bosses, combined, wiped us less than the original sicaron did on HK release. And tablets were harder to come by back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post

Yeah, and its been 9 months since the last time you could claim progression raiding.

Been sitting on your thumb? Or throwing away the tablets you've gotten in that time?

Yeah, and its been 9 months since the last time you could claim progression raiding.

Been sitting on your thumb? Or throwing away the tablets you've gotten in that time?
    I started playing Rift in January. As I'm part of a relatively new guild, everything in HK was progression for me (other than the first five bosses).

So basically, your argument is that out of the four callings, rogues (and only rogues) need to farm consumables for nine months prior to the release of a new raid tier in order to have the necessary stockpile of consumables, while everyone else can just buy a stack or two of vials/weaponstones and be completely set.

RIFT Guide Writer

My jaw hit the ground when I seen that we are getting this band-aid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast