+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Barding in 1.8 live

Quote Originally Posted by Korasia View Post
    I tried your 15nb/0mm spec at ituziel last night. On the dummie it parsed higher crit cadence damage and overall slightly better healing over the spec I normally use (5nb/10mm), however during the accual raid with all possible raid buffs, the 10mm/5nb performed better.

I wanted to try the 40bard spec but my guild leaders gave a firm no-way :-(
    yeah, the up side to the 15 in NB is massively higher cadence healing through invigorated soul, the down side is no +ap% gained from MM, so your Coda of Restoration, verse of vitality, and motiff of regeneration will flatline at base and be rather insignificant... thats 3 HEALS doing the lowest possible healing with only 1 heal being increased.. You need to get that leader to learn about bard, and also crunch some numbers, and see if having double the healing on ituziel out weighs occasional, and un-noticed, verse of joy's going off. IMO if they can raid ID they do not infact need VoJ anylonger. With the exception of verse of vitality and MAYBE VoJ, no other skill or ability after 40 in bard does anything for the raid, the raids buffs, or the healig of the raid.

If you are wanting to take bard seriously, and make it your goal to maintain that position, YOU should be the subject matter expert on barding in your raid group. Show him the parses, show him these threads from successful raiders and raiding guilds and hopefully rational thought will come into play for him. I don't know the situation fully, his group might be lacking on resource management and they might need that VoJ every other minute, but imo, go ahead and build a Burnbard and have it ready to be ur go to spec for 1.8.

Hopefully when Songblade drops for your group he doesn't also toss it to some DPS player because it's base Wep dps is higher than what he has equipped: Karine's Songblade in the hands of a non-bard=slight dps boost for only 1 person, Kirine's Songblade in the hands of a Bard=substantial dps AND healing boost for the ENTIRE RAID.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.

I'm sure somebody got a link somewhere for it, Karine's songblade has a proc on bard heal to add +50ap/sp or some such.. That alone may be worth tossing the bard the heart first..
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Huca View Post
    "Face Melter" or "Burn Bard" -> 40 Bard, 15 NB, 10MM
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...z.VhdMh.x0x.-6
    The above came up blank for me, and shows one point missing, so I looked in up on Zam.

Guys and Gals, is this the 'Burn Bard' ?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...z.VhdMh.x0x.-6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    The above came up blank for me, and shows one point missing, so I looked in up on Zam.

Worked when i previewed my post, now it doesnt anymore. Soz.
    And yes. Thats the build.

Question:
    Does Dark Malady work with Bard attacks ? And if so, dont you have energy probs using it on CD ? Havent had the chance to test, but 50 Energy every 8 secs on top of normal skills seems heavy load.

Ascendant

Cool, and I have that same question.

Yes, that is the burnbard build, that last point is a floater to do with as you please, none of the options remaining will increase your healing, so you have knockbacks, run speeds or run speed modifiers, ranged options, more damage to finishers, more arm pen for Physical dps moves, Fell blades!!! (i prefer the fellblades my self, for that occasional encounter where there is a boss heal mechanic, this will help prevent that from dragging out until dps or who ever in the raid does what they are supposed to for negotiated that particular mechanic.

Dark Malady... It's a Ranged opener only, from stealth, you cannot spam this ability, and yes, it will effect the next 8 seconds of powerchord/cadence you do.

To use this spec put up both fell and firey, use attacks often between cadences to continue a molten skin and MM's +ap% proc. heal away.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    The following is the result of hours of testing with parses in my ID ready (meaning mostly HK gear)

10MM/5RS (done with +ap% procced)
    Cadence: 401
    Invigorated Soul: 420
    Coda of Restoration: 1927

The number for CoR posted here is very interesting. All HK gears here with MH/OH/range HK weapons plus GI. As far as building cp, how did you do it ? I tried all combinations using abilities under both ranger and bard trees ..let just say the CoR output is pretty crappy. The rotation cant be that complex but somehow i cant get the number anywhere close to what you posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by oakk View Post
    The number for CoR posted here is very interesting. All HK gears here with MH/OH/range HK weapons plus GI. As far as building cp, how did you do it ? I tried all combinations using abilities under both ranger and bard trees ..let just say the CoR output is pretty crappy. The rotation cant be that complex but somehow i cant get the number anywhere close to what you posted here.
    using the mm/rs build = High amount of AP... but only ap, meaning it will only apply much of a boost to +ap healing like coda of resto (make sure having +ap buff from attack proc is up). this spec actually shows the highest coda of resto on a dummy. it will though, show much less numbers for invigorated soul (thats ur cadence heal). It can be done to spec in such a way that coda of resto does amazing heals, but the way the skills are spread about the souls the method for doing so means taking a hit in other healing abilities, the same goes in revers, I can maximize invigorated soul healing, and lose on my CoR healing. You should give Burnbard a try. It, on the dummy, doesnt top either, but does a fantastic job of having both sets of healing pretty high. also.. trying to get better healing from ranger, ranger abilities, and ranger crystals and essences= loss of healing in the long run. either may, using mm as ranged in the build, have powerchord/swiftshot/cadence in one macro, from there its simply proc ability, spam cp's, cor repeat (perhaps I have more ap from PA?)

my gear does not have relic weapons btw, just molten daggers and DBPS. It's all about buffs, debuff, proc timing, and stacking a ton of AP. Having GI as ur trinket will also mean higher heals from Cadence, and Massively higher from coda of resto. I have, on a regular basis, seen my coda of resto hitting people for nearly 3k health in ID, so yeah, all those raid buffs and debuffs will amplify what you have there.

again, unless your raid group has issues with resource management, dump the 51bard and try out the 40 point specs.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-05-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Been out a couple of patches, friend of mine wants to run some dungeons for recipes, so I'm considering setting up a spec for my bard to solo heal experts so we can grind through it. My bard's kit atm is somewhere in between T1 and T2 raids. I have a double bubble sigil and Token of Warding, but nothing special in the weapon department (I think Hand of Greed/Black Ice are my best 1hs, and I've got the P6 bow + gun and PvE-equivalents). I have stones for the Bard crystal if need be.

Been doing a bit of reading, and I was going to throw together a variant on the old build I used to run in the support slot in 5-mans when we had a poor healer, but I'm not quite sure if that's still the aces spec.

So, is my best bet going to be a Bard/BD (for DD)/Sin (for Mag Pain + CV), this 40 Bard/16 NB/10 MM spec, or something with at least 18 NB and 13 BD (for passive Cadence buffs + Melted Skin w/ DD)? I'm assuming most of my healing will be via Cadence (and not CoR), but I can't say for sure.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

hm.. well, if your ranged weapon dps is a higher rating than your main hand melee one, toss a ranged spec in there.

as for bd, that got killed some patches ago, and to get anything for barding out of sin takes a massive point dump to get nowhere

I myself do prefer the Burnbard spec, but it's all up to you really, look over the data posted and see for yourself which is doing best.

as for healing 5m's.. a major contribution to me healing a master mode is not just my spec or skill.. but gear, gear does count, all the ap you can get counts.

there are specs up there that do massice cadence only healing.. but why is it you wont use coda of resto?

It's not so much that I won't use it -- I was, well, completely missing the change to Deadly Dance. I missed two whole patch cycles pretty much, so major derp on my part. Guess I'll give that NB one a peek.

My kit atm is something like 4pc Durnes, 2pc Stalker. Weapons are all P6 (er, I guess P25 now?) or PvE equivs. Hopefully it'll be enough... if not, I guess I'll just try to get some Zardonis pieces (I've got the gloves somewhere and am a few marks short of a second piece).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

Well it's been a long time since I've really tested bard, but imagine this spec would be ridiculously better then the burn bard:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VMcx0b.x0L.-6

17 sin is killer for bard because it increases the size of your heal crits. Despite NB increasing the damage of cadence by more, with larger crits 17 sin ended up increasing cadence's damage by more then NB. Instead of looking at high hit look at total damage done over X duration of your choice, you should see a lower baseline and higher crit amount. The one caveat is I haven't tested this since NB's fire and death attunement was changed.

Back in the day when I tested it the spec with the highest hps was:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0h.0VMcx0b.-6

With a rotation of:
    Cadence - cadence - coda of resto
    cadence - cadence (clipped at 2) - deadly strike

So as you can see it's been a while since I tested it.

As an aside, if they do increase rogue energy regen it would be the best thing to happen to bard. If energy regen goes up bards won't have to spec to 51 (for VoJ) and you'll be able to get some real customization out of the class.
    Last edited by Mayi; 05-06-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Disciple

so your saying 20% extra damage on crits,and 10% overal is better than 35% damage to hit and crits?

go back to school

Quote Originally Posted by Valsheres View Post
    so your saying 20% extra damage on crits,and 10% overal is better than 35% damage to hit and crits?

go back to school
    Do what you like, your loss.
    Last edited by Mayi; 05-06-2012 at 06:38 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I've parsed the sin, as well as many other builds and suggested builds.. fact is sin healing is pretty bad compared to other specs like the nb/mm, or even the standard mm/rs.

as for needing voj?? Nobody serious about raiding in ID really needs VoJ, it isnt missed at all, sure, 51 bard works.. but 40bard = far more healing raid wide.. something needed on fights like Ituziel at the end there..

Fact is.. BurnBard offers significantly higher invigorated soul, motiff of regeneration, Coda of restoration all in one build rather than a build that is completely lop sided..+, it really does take too many points into sin to get any + effect only to come out on bottom. I can go test it again.. but having tested each spec thrice and averaged with noted peak and lowest scores bard+sin in any case came out bad. If you dont want to parse, then go ahead and add up al the passives and compare that way, either way, Burnbard numbers are higher.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-06-2012 at 07:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast