+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: >>>omg dps<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post
    We had two attempts on ituziel. First attempt I was around 3500 and we wiped at about 12%. Second I was at 3800 when we killed him. I didn't look at the parse to see why, but I assume someone was slacking on buffs or debuffs the first attempt.

If there is more to it, I'd love to know.
    I believe the fluctuation comes from firing splinter at 4cps. You'll get into a pattern where you're wasting the extra cp which leads to a drop in dps.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Warry View Post
    Anyone else having serious dps fluxuating on parse? im seeing differences as high as 400 on the same fights with same raid comps
    Yea the bard/archon/chloro being lazy can affect it.

Also Rend only stacks 3 times, so any more than 3 rangers in the party is a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Comeatme View Post
    Yea the bard/archon/chloro being lazy can affect it.

Also Rend only stacks 3 times, so any more than 3 rangers in the party is a waste.
    Stacks 3 times per ranger pet. There is no limit on rangers in raid. No game mechanics encourage reducing the number of rangers in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Stacks 3 times per ranger pet. There is no limit on rangers in raid. No game mechanics encourage reducing the number of rangers in raid.
    Anyone. /10chari'mthebest

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I believe the fluctuation comes from firing splinter at 4cps. You'll get into a pattern where you're wasting the extra cp which leads to a drop in dps.
    So is it best to use a finisher early right when splinter is about to be ready to start fresh on CPs?

Anyone else having serious dps fluxuating on parse? im seeing differences as high as 400 on the same fights with same raid comps
    i actually have seen that, one attempt (though it was a 2 minute wipe) i was at nearly 4700 when we wiped using bloodstalker, my max finishing blow on that run was about 500 higher than any other run and i have no clue why, and other runs i was as low as 3800, on average (and on the kill) i was around 4300-4400, although some of my lower runs were bad luck with waves since we were avoiding all of them instead of eating them, but the 4700 run had me confused all night trying to figure out why i was hitting so hard.

Yeah I havnt done any digging around to see what exactly is causing this. I wish I would have kept my parses to analye them. ill have to test different things and see whats going on.
    LFG

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Quick Shot = Swift Shot in power.

Quick Shot DoT = ~85-190 damage ticks.

Managing the uptime as close as possible for 1 tick/s can get you upwards of a 100 DPS increase.
    To add to this, managing the uptime with a BOW is much better and will offer more DPS than managing the uptime with a GUN.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Has anyone tried running splintered outside of their macro to ensure it doesn't get used when there's four cp up? If so did it help? Quickshotting for your final cp vs using splintered is really the only obvious solution i see if your keeping splinter in your macro
    LFG

Ascendant

To add to this, managing the uptime with a BOW is much better and will offer more DPS than managing the uptime with a GUN.
    To add to this, I believe most crit percentages run around 65-75% for a fight. With maxed weaving you're looking at 50-70 dps at most, not 100.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Plane Touched

Has anyone tried running splintered outside of their macro to ensure it doesn't get used when there's four cp up? If so did it help? Quickshotting for your final cp vs using splintered is really the only obvious solution i see if your keeping splinter in your macro
    I generally just look at my target. SS will fire the second the debuff is gone off the target, provided you have sufficient energy (which is certainly not always the case).

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    To add to this, I believe most crit percentages run around 65-75% for a fight. With maxed weaving you're looking at 50-70 dps at most, not 100.
    100 DPS over using swift shot instead of Quick(idk why you'd do this), 50-80 DPS manually weaving.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Ascendant

100 DPS over using swift shot instead of Quick(idk why you'd do this), 50-80 DPS manually weaving.
    If you're maxing quick shot bleeds you're manually weaving it in. It's not close to 100 dps because not all ticks crit. Crit tick is like 170-200 damage. Averaging the ticks damage, the fact that it ticks every two seconds, and crit percentage (part of averaging tick damage)... You only get a minor increase in dps. That's with maximum bleed damage on quick.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post
    So is it best to use a finisher early right when splinter is about to be ready to start fresh on CPs?
    I haven't figured it out yet. I've found going macro - quick - macro to 5 makes it happen less. If I see it coming I've been playing around with hitting headshot at 4cps but am not sure what the best way to mitigate it is yet.

Instead of splitting out shadow fire and splinter from the macro I think I'm going to try making two macros:

Macro 1
    #show shadowfire
    cast shadowfire
    cast splinter shot
    cast crippling shot
    cast piercing shot
    cast swift shot

and

Macro 2
    #show piercing shot
    cast piercing shot
    cast crippling shot
    cast swift shot

In theory this should do the trick but I've yet to try it in game. Then the pattern would be:

Starting:
    Macro 2 - Macro 1 - macro 1 - headshot

Regular rotation:
    quick - macro to 1 to 4cps - macro 2 - finisher

Then time feral aggression with wild growth which is usually cast about ~8 seconds in for us. In theory this should do the trick.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-27-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Oups, should be:

Regular rotation:
    macro 1 - quick - macro to 1 to 4cps - macro 2 - finisher

Whenever splinter is coming off CD and you're on macro 2 or the finisher hit concussive to reapply splinter/shadow fire asap.
    Last edited by Mayi; 04-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast