+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ranged rogue guide Ituziel

Plane Touched

Default Ranged rogue guide Ituziel

Hey,

Can anyone give me a quick rundown how they play Ituziel as a ranged rogue ? I just don't seem to get above a 2500 dps ceiling while I see rogues in vids do 3000 dps. Keep in mind I did say ranged , cause the bloodstalker way of doing things is way to complex for me. I have to much trouble focussing on buffs and mechanics at the same time.

My gear should be fine, FR sigil BIS, HK relic gun, MB and HK weapon, all AP HK gear otherwhise.

I've been trying with the marksman crystal, I'm gonna give it a shot with a ranger crystal on sunday. But damage compared on the dummy is about even always the same ceiling. I also took the 51 ranger spec now which gives me 2400 on the dummy with a mage giving me some buffs. But still 2400 isn't gonna cut it.

I'm running out of ideas , My target is to get 2900-3000 dps
    Last edited by Sunsp0t; 04-20-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Those rogues are probably running ranger, which you play exactly like a ranger.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Yeah ranger is absolutely beast. It comes extremely close to my bloodstalker parses and obviously blows away MM. With only two macros, quick shot debuff and pet cd to manage it allows you to execute mechanics without ****in up your dps
    LFG

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsp0t View Post
    Hey,

Can anyone give me a quick rundown how they play Ituziel as a ranged rogue ? I just don't seem to get above a 2500 dps ceiling while I see rogues in vids do 3000 dps. Keep in mind I did say ranged , cause the bloodstalker way of doing things is way to complex for me. I have to much trouble focussing on buffs and mechanics at the same time.

My gear should be fine, FR sigil BIS, HK relic gun, MB and HK weapon, all AP HK gear otherwhise.

I've been trying with the marksman crystal, I'm gonna give it a shot with a ranger crystal on sunday. But damage compared on the dummy is about even always the same ceiling. I also took the 51 ranger spec now which gives me 2400 on the dummy with a mage giving me some buffs. But still 2400 isn't gonna cut it.

I do 3k on ituziel with ranger and I only have a double barrel. With the relic, you should be able to do probably 5-10% more yet. Marksman basically sucks for dps, as it always has. Only use it for interrupts when you're low on warriors for whatever reason.

Rift Disciple

I pull 3.8 in ranger with double barrel I don't know what yal doing wrong
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Plane Touched

Well last night during the raid I managed to pull off 3200 consistently and on some tries 3400 (must have been lucky with crits) with the ranger spec. I would love to push it beyond that , but I believe this currently is my ceiling with gear as is. I also don't have all the PA dex upgrades yet missing about 8 points I believe. Most of my weapon points are in bow dps as well. I so wish there was a bow relic on akylios. I can't for the life of me understand trion for only making a gun relic.

Take note that there's currently a bug when there are multiple people playing the spec in the raid. So DPS numbers might not always represent real ones. Rend is not applied by different raptors, but shared instead. Gimping DPS by quite alot.
    Hope this is soon fixed.
    Sharp - Moirae - Icewatch - EU
    http://moirae.guildlaunch.com
    Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    Take note that there's currently a bug when there are multiple people playing the spec in the raid. So DPS numbers might not always represent real ones. Rend is not applied by different raptors, but shared instead. Gimping DPS by quite alot.
    Hope this is soon fixed.
    I show multiple raptors using rend properly in parses.
    I think it is more likely that your pet tried to cast rend as the npc moved.
    As has been pointed out in other threads, rend bugs out when this happens and you should put it in your spam macro to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    We have the special ability to convert warrior entitlement into rogue tears so we will never run out.

If you are an old fasioned rogue still playing MM, try to standstill as much as possible, you lose Zounds of DPS by moving. Do this or just run ranger, but become more intune with bloodstalker because you really only have to watch 2 buffs and just refresh one every minute only. Parsed 4.1 on Ituziel with only one soliton and no induct, so it really helps ur raid most

Quote Originally Posted by BittyMagnet View Post
    If you are an old fasioned rogue still playing MM, try to standstill as much as possible, you lose Zounds of DPS by moving.
    If you're still running MM, you should be in one of the variants with an all-instant rotation and you can move during GCDs. With the runspeed buff you'll have up almost constantly, you should be able to get around almost as fast as anyone else, and just need to stop moving momentarily to fire off a skill.

Shadowlander

im not even Full T1 raid gear..... and i pull 2.4-2.6k dps in 51ranger unless u need interupts or debuff.. MM has always been a deadmans spec..even in 1.7 Ranger took out mm but no-1 payed to notcie
    Last edited by Avadiator; 04-23-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsp0t View Post
    Hey,

As MM, you're going to be hard-pressed to break 3K on Ituziel but it can be done if you're in relics. One thing to note, though, is that most anyone who runs MM on Ituziel is probably doing so because they are on purge duty for Brimstone.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz1 View Post
    I show multiple raptors using rend properly in parses.
    I think it is more likely that your pet tried to cast rend as the npc moved.
    As has been pointed out in other threads, rend bugs out when this happens and you should put it in your spam macro to fix it.
    Actually, you're wrong and he's right, it is a shared-stack issue ;)

Read the thread you took the info with the range issue out again, in the meantime it came to the same conclusion. Take two Rangers and you can reproduce it on a dummie.

Why am I still purging ituziel
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Why am I still purging ituziel
    Gross. We made a cleric do it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast