+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Empowered shot before finisher after using strafe.

Plane Touched

Default Empowered shot before finisher after using strafe.

Has anyone tried this. seems almost a waste to not use it before the finisher after every strafe, assuming you used a MM finisher before strafe. It might just not be worth using when you already have 5 cp's. Just a thought, any feedback is appreciated.

Plane Touched

Time your head shot so that you use strafe following HS.

Kinda already answered. so deleted
    Last edited by Gynxz; 04-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Champion

I think he's wondering if doing strafe for 3 ticks then empowered shot for a 5 cp rotation would be a DPS gain over spam x3 then empowered shot. If you're using a build that doesn't use headshot, then yes, I would assume this is small DPS gain.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    I think he's wondering if doing strafe for 3 ticks then empowered shot for a 5 cp rotation would be a DPS gain over spam x3 then empowered shot. If you're using a build that doesn't use headshot, then yes, I would assume this is small DPS gain.
    I think he's wondering if its worth strafing to 5cp's and then using an instant empowered before hitting your finisher..In like 51MM/10Rng/5Rs, I do it in pvp that way anyway. It's a good question actually.
    Last edited by Lakkin; 04-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.

If you have marksman crystal and used finisher before you do strafe which means you have instant empowered shot yes its gain others wise its lost.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Rofl can you people actually read what OP is asking ?
    Always use insta ES if its available even after Strafe since going over 5CP is not always a DPS loss like in your case. Its very common that i go over 5CP with 1 more SS just to get RFS thats almost off CD as a result my DPS goes UP since I'm using my RFS as soon as its available. ES after 5CP would mean 2-3k more dmg just with 1 GCD and it's totally worth it since after you use finisher you can use ES again straight away.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Plane Touched

Thank you porterr. That is exactly what i was wondering. I see what people say about timing head shot with strafe, but head shot buff lasts for 60 seconds, strafe cd is 40 seconds. I think using 2 empowered shot's in the strafe rotaion would probably be a dps gain over using headshot 20 seconds before the buff expires. I appreciate all your comments. Thank you for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by PORTERR View Post
    Rofl can you people actually read what OP is asking ?
    Always use insta ES if its available even after Strafe since going over 5CP is not always a DPS loss like in your case. Its very common that i go over 5CP with 1 more SS just to get RFS thats almost off CD as a result my DPS goes UP since I'm using my RFS as soon as its available. ES after 5CP would mean 2-3k more dmg just with 1 GCD and it's totally worth it since after you use finisher you can use ES again straight away.
    ^This. If you run 14 or 15 RNG then you can time your headshot with strafe, but if you run one of the other MM builds you go to 6 CP's every single Strafe.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lakkin View Post
    I think he's wondering if its worth strafing to 5cp's and then using an instant empowered before hitting your finisher..In like 51MM/10Rng/5Rs, I do it in pvp that way anyway. It's a good question actually.
    Yes if you have an instant available for whatever reason, you definitely want to use it before it goes to waste by using another mm finisher. In pvp, I will often save an instant empowered until the 4th or 5th CP, then use RFS followed immediately by another instant empowered. It's among the most burst a rogue can do.

I should have expanded earlier but the optimal 51/14/1 rotation would be to use head shot, strafe, then RFS or bulls eye + dead eye, thus never wasting an instant empowered because of the head shot buff. Also, even if the head shot buff lasts longer than the strafe cool down, you can reapply it early. I mean, if your choices are hasted shot or to reapply head shot for a smoother rotation, I think it's obvious.

+ Reply to Thread