Closed Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Why are rogues the only class that are required to use tablets in our top DPS spec?

As long as we are top DPS im not complaining. MM is self dependent now which was nice.

How about this...increase the drop rate of tablets in the game by a factor of 10. My issue is not that I have to use them, it's that it costs so much during progression. A cost ONLY rogues have. I have to spend all my time making plat to buy tablets or farming water rifts/whatever to get them myself.

Make them drop A LOT more and it will flood the market and drop prices. As I grind, IA, dungeons, raids etc make them drop so stuff that is FUN is also allowing me to pay my Rogue DPS Tax.

Of course, this is just a band-aid for the bigger issue but I think it would be a lot easier/quicker to increase the drop rate...as a quick fix. As it now stands, ID is new and fun and fresh and guess what I have to do...spend all my cash and time on tablets. That is lame when the whole point of ID is FUN.

they are so easy to get .. i did IA for like 5 hours, got like 250 pleurosources and got like 50 ... atleast gives us something in this game to spend plat on

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistica View Post
    How about this...increase the drop rate of tablets in the game by a factor of 10. My issue is not that I have to use them, it's that it costs so much during progression. A cost ONLY rogues have. I have to spend all my time making plat to buy tablets or farming water rifts/whatever to get them myself.

Make them drop A LOT more and it will flood the market and drop prices. As I grind, IA, dungeons, raids etc make them drop so stuff that is FUN is also allowing me to pay my Rogue DPS Tax.

Of course, this is just a band-aid for the bigger issue but I think it would be a lot easier/quicker to increase the drop rate...as a quick fix. As it now stands, ID is new and fun and fresh and guess what I have to do...spend all my cash and time on tablets. That is lame when the whole point of ID is FUN.

Still starved with tablets.

Doesn't fix the issue, especially in PvP.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by BittyMagnet View Post
    they are so easy to get .. i did IA for like 5 hours, got like 250 pleurosources and got like 50 ... atleast gives us something in this game to spend plat on
    So rogues are required to spend so much more time farming than anyone else because... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    So rogues are required to spend so much more time farming than anyone else because... why?
    ^^

My idea of fun is not running 5 hours of IA to get 50 tablets so I can raid every night (even if I did have 5 hours a day to grind out tablets).

Yes, increasing the drop rate does not fix the problem (I said it was a band-aid), I basically said it would prevent having to spend 5 hours a day grinding IAs in order to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    No it wasn't. Warrior change completely negated the need for power management.

As it stands, anything short of making it so we don't need tablets EVER, except for the STR increase, and being able to do our rotations for a REASONABLE TIME WITHOUT LIVING ENERGY OR FERVOR, is not enough. Also, NEVER EVER energy starved with living energy or fervor.

Edit: It doesn't matter if you don't want it easymode. It doesn't matter if you don't like it; The fact is, Rogue is singled out unfairly and anything short of what the other 3 callings are capable of is not enough.
    Not to nitpick, but warriors will still get starved if solo. It takes about 2 min though. Depends on the spec you're in though.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Not to nitpick, but warriors will still get starved if solo. It takes about 2 min though. Depends on the spec you're in though.
    Did you read that entire post?
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

You'd have to spec 0/0/0 as a warrior to even put a dent in their energy... using a spec that actually does get played you will never see that bar drop below 80% solo, self buffed, no fervor, no tablets...

as a ranger with fervor and tablets there is still some wait time between abilities from starvation, we did test last night with rolling voj some large parses, with unlimited energy this gave about no more than +700 dps in all specs... but who raids with 10 bards right?

Rift Disciple

Hey I play and rogue and war.

Ive got 350 PA on rogue with near BIS gear minus relic weapons. Full in dagger and bow points t1 and t2.

My wars got 100 PA with 4pc Hk gear and champ crystal. T1 raid wep the 2h that drops in MCR.

Now my war can do just as much dps as my rogue when there are no raid buffs and energy buffs. How is that equal my war can spam aoe attacks and energy cant even go <50%.

I play almost all the rogue specs. I just get instant energy starved after 5cp and finisher in most builds.

Now I understand people are saying that tablets are useful for all classes and its a disadvantage to not usethem.

OK THEN WHY CAN I NOT PLAY WITHOUT ENERGY STARVATION EVEN WITH A TABLET. I STILL NEED THE STUPID BARD OR CHLORO BUFFS TO PLAY PROPERLY.

DO clerics and mages need energy buffs ? do wars need them? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why is the rogue the only class that needs energy buffs to dps properly.

At 1 point I seriously considered making war my main due to this.

Qan suggested we parse with several bards in party. With multiple bards timing their verse of joys correctly we were able to simulate the effect of a potential rogue energy regeneration buff. Here are some ACT screens:

http://imgur.com/a/wSrne
    http://imgur.com/a/TOlEi

These parses were done with whetstones and poisonous coating. The bard and archon ran their normal rotations and the 5-6 other bards in party made sure verse of joy was constantly up.

Today before raid I was able to run tests in a more realistic situation and my dps numbers did not change significantly. I was at about 3800 on ranger and around 4000 on assasin/riftstalker. I'll work on getting you screens of those if you'd like. I parsed with the same bard and archon from yesterday and ran with a tablet to simulate a typical raid environment.

My conclusion is that our dps will not change drastically from any potential energy regeneration increase. The benefits of massively improving rogue quality of life as well as balance the rogue calling with the warrior calling's power regeneration make the decision of increasing rogue energy regeneration seem like a no brainer to me. Currently rogues REQUIRE the use of tablets to be viable use our top dps specs (nb/(sin/rs)/ranger) this leads to an extra burden of "going through tablets like candy" for rogues to raid. Using them in dungeons is a waste so, at least for me, I am between 10-25% lower than other callings in single target dps on boss encounters in dungeons without a chloro in my group because the other callings do not have this problem.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 04-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Still starved with tablets.
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    My conclusion is that our dps will not change drastically from any potential energy regeneration increase. The benefits of massively improving rogue quality of life as well as balance the rogue calling with the warrior calling's power regeneration make the decision of increasing rogue energy regeneration seem like a no brainer to me. Currently rogues REQUIRE the use of tablets to be viable use our top dps specs (nb/(sin/rs)/ranger) this leads to an extra burden of "going through tablets like candy" for rogues to raid. Using them in dungeons is a waste so, at least for me, I am between 10-25% lower than other callings in single target dps on boss encounters in dungeons without a chloro in my group because the other callings do not have this problem.
    ^And absolutely every word of this.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Well, since this thread still doesn't get the attention of our dev that it deserves, i'll shamelessly keep bumping it into oblivion.

All facts have been presented and all you guys did the work of analyzing the problem and giving advice.

Noone cares about more DPS, we just want a QoL improvement and dealing stupid DPS in 5/10mans because there's no chloro or bard is extremely annoying.
    Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    LOL 1-Shot me WHY
    Meh....

Your hard to find off your gaurd. I never get the jump on you and when I am prepared you still mostly win. I thought it would be funny to see someone so experienced and good at what they do get one shotted. I would imaginge you would be scanning you combat logs for awhile trying to solve the mystery.

It would give me a chuckle is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftraf View Post
    Meh....

Your hard to find off your gaurd. I never get the jump on you and when I am prepared you still mostly win. I thought it would be funny to see someone so experienced and good at what they do get one shotted. I would imaginge you would be scanning you combat logs for awhile trying to solve the mystery.

It would give me a chuckle is all.
    I soloed for 6 years in DAoC, i can't be caught of guard, but i can be caught afk or alt tab posting on the forums.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast