+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Riftslker Blinks

Default Suggestion: Riftslker Blinks

Throwing this out there....

Could we have riftstalker blinks NOT teleport (but still apply the buff) if your already in melee range of the target?

There may need to be another toggle, or have the effect applied within the existing toggle for it to work.

Its really wearing me down how this build is so terribly mechanic-unfriendly.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Warhaz View Post
    Throwing this out there....

Could we have riftstalker blinks NOT teleport (but still apply the buff) if your already in melee range of the target?

There may need to be another toggle, or have the effect applied within the existing toggle for it to work.

Its really wearing me down how this build is so terribly mechanic-unfriendly.

Just a thought.
    Yes please...this is a really annoying mechanic to deal with when tanking as well. Constantly blinking then having to reposition with uber-speed crackmode on can lead to undesirable consequences.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Would be very useful, it's usually preferable to be at or near max melee range as opposed to standing in the dead centre of an enemy's hitbox...

Was thinking about this on Aky last night...

The cool part about this suggestion is that the code to handle it exists already. Depending on terrain/LoS/special dispensations (like lashers) you can use a blink on a mob, even from 15-20m away, get all the blink buffs, but be left standing where you were when you used the blink. It's not much of a stretch for them to stick some kind of range check in and have the blink always function this way in melee.

I'm curious if anyone would be opposed to blinks always functioning this way in melee range?
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

I don't like it. It would clearly be more convenient, but it kinda defeats the entire purpose of the ports existing. They are a mechanic in and of themselves, and that is part of the reason why IMO the significant DPS boost they give is justified. Ports are risky, and they should be.

I would love to just push a button every 10 seconds to get the magical "riftstalkers are cool" damage buff without even the slightest trade off, but it would not only be overpowered, but a very bad precedent to set. It would be a lot simpler if we just had a "Max DPS" button we could just spam regardless of spec, mechanic, or encounter as well. It would be more convenient, but an equally bad idea as far as i am concerned.

Just because something would make life easier does not mean it's a good idea.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I don't like it. It would clearly be more convenient, but it kinda defeats the entire purpose of the ports existing. They are a mechanic in and of themselves, and that is part of the reason why IMO the significant DPS boost they give is justified. Ports are risky, and they should be.

I would love to just push a button every 10 seconds to get the magical "riftstalkers are cool" damage buff without even the slightest trade off, but it would not only be overpowered, but a very bad precedent to set. It would be a lot simpler if we just had a "Max DPS" button we could just spam regardless of spec, mechanic, or encounter as well. It would be more convenient, but an equally bad idea as far as i am concerned.

Just because something would make life easier does not mean it's a good idea.
    You clearly have no idea what is in store for you in the next few weeks. The OP does. A majority of my Rogue single target dps fail posts in 1.8 are due to his exact reason. What happens when ports kill you or when you can't? It's a broken mechanic. You don't play you're "top" dps spec. Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Enjoy 3rd place playing the very spec you got nerfed on us. How ironic.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-20-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    You clearly have no idea what is in store for you in the next few weeks.
    I agree, testing ID has given me precisely zero perspective on what is in store for rogues. You sir are correct.

A majority of my Rogue single target dps fail posts in 1.8 are due to his exact reason. What happens when ports kill you or when you can't? It's a broken mechanic. You don't play you're "top" dps spec.

Yes, it's called versatility. Bloodstalker is a DPS cannon. It's a burn spec. You don't get to use your burn spec on every boss, for some, you need to do other things as well. BD is parsing very well on the PTS atm, and there is no reason to suspect it will cease to do so. If you can't run BS, which on some fights will happen, run BD, or NB, or MM.

Rogues have a lot of viable specs, hell, depending on the ID Synergy Crystals Blink-Blade or Ranger or Sabo could even make a comeback. So you wont be able to use your max DPS single target burn spec on every boss? Cry me a river. Learn to do more than one thing and then having to switch things up wont bother you so much.

Enjoy 3rd place playing the very spec you got nerfed on us. How ironic.
    Lol, you are still mad about the MM thing from like 8 months ago? I don't care, MM was a crutch spec for bad players to pretend like they had some idea what they were doing. It got nerfed into it's proper place. I count MM's current state as a personal victory.
    Last edited by Gyle; 03-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

Lol, you are still mad about the MM thing from like 8 months ago? I don't care, MM was a crutch spec for bad players to pretend like they had some idea what they were doing. It got nerfed into it's proper place. I count MM's current state as a personal victory.
    Enjoy using the crutch then.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-20-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

I agree, testing ID has given me precisely zero perspective on what is in store for rogues. You sir are correct.

Yes, it's called versatility. Bloodstalker is a DPS cannon. It's a burn spec. You don't get to use your burn spec on every boss, for some, you need to do other things as well. BD is parsing very well on the PTS atm, and there is no reason to suspect it will cease to do so. If you can't run BS, which on some fights will happen, run BD, or NB, or MM.

Rogues have a lot of viable specs, hell, depending on the ID Synergy Crystals Blink-Blade or Ranger or Sabo could even make a comeback. So you wont be able to use your max DPS single target burn spec on every boss? Cry me a river. Learn to do more than one thing and then having to switch things up wont bother you so much.

How far behind in DPS do we need to be before you consider us non-viable? If there is a fight in ID with frequent target switching or disconnects then I fully expect us to be dead last in DPS as our current good DPS specs and sab all are terrible at those types of fights.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    How far behind in DPS do we need to be before you consider us non-viable? If there is a fight in ID with frequent target switching or disconnects then I fully expect us to be dead last in DPS as our current good DPS specs and sab all are terrible at those types of fights.
    Somehow he thinks that future fights become like Sicaron and Murdantix. I for one give devs the benefit of the doubt in creating robust encounters requiring people to not fall asleep on. Unfortunately the more complicated the fight, the more it causes Rogues dps to suffer.

Fixing ports will help stop the bleeding.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    How far behind in DPS do we need to be before you consider us non-viable?

LOL how far ahead do we have to be for people to stop pretending like rogues are in any danger of becoming non-viable? A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months. If there is a lot of target switching and running all over the place then run MM. Bloodstalker would suck for those fights anyway. If there are a lot of melee disconnects, run NB or MM.

If you are worried that you wont be able to DPS in ID, and the fact that teleportation actually moves you is the thing causing your dismay i have no way to help you. I plan to parse very well in ID, using whatever build i think is best for each individual fight, and i don't think blinks are poised to even matter in the slightest. If you are worried about losing to other callings that's your hang up, not mine. I don't expect to.

Teleports should move you, they shouldn't just give you a buff because you pushed a button.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

LOL how far ahead do we have to be for people to stop pretending like rogues are in any danger of becoming non-viable? A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Teleports should move you, they shouldn't just give you a buff because you pushed a button.
    Put down the freakin pipe down Gyle. What planet have you been on? Did you see Riftlogs before it went down. Players with more skill than you with better gear got DESTROYED by Warriors and Mages. Are you really that delusional?

Show me a parse (non Sic/Murd) where you beat everyone but Rogues and you will also show me a parse on the fail Warriors/Mages you played with.

And Trion disagrees with you on teleports. How's Whitefall for yeah in 1.8? Thought so.
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-20-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Put down the freakin pipe down Gyle. What planet have you been on? Did you see Riftlogs before it went down. Players with more skill than you with better gear got DESTROYED by Warriors and Mages. Are you really that delusional?

Show me a parse (non Sic/Murd) where you beat everyone but Rogues and you will also show me a parse on the fail Warriors/Mages you played with.

And Trion disagrees with you on teleports. How's Whitefall for yeah in 1.8? Thought so.
    Man, you really don't like me do you? That's funny.

The red portion is highlighted for inaccuracy. If you are losing to other callings it's not because they are good, its because you are doing something wrong.
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Master

Man, you really don't like me do you? That's funny.

The red portion is highlighted for inaccuracy. If you are losing to other callings it's not because they are good, its because you are doing something wrong.
    Highlight the red portion that I call you out on, which doesn't include myself as an example.

Apparently, top raiding guild Rogues ALL were doing something wrong the last few months. Heck, even on some encounters today. The numbers were posted. THEY ALL LOST. Fact.

Dare I say even Aillion disagrees with you hence the SAB "joke".
    Last edited by Petgroup; 03-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Rift Master

Thanks for my new Signature btw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast