Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue Tank BIS Gear List (1.7 Update)

Default Rogue Tank BIS Gear List (1.7 Update)

Rogue Tank BIS Gear List (1.7 Update)

http://tinyurl.com/roguetankbis

This list gives a general score for all rogue equipments that can be used in tank spec, even equipments without toughness and hit, once DPS/PvP gear has more DEX and still can be used for high deflect rates.

The Equation

SCORE = ((STR+PARRY)*0.1443)+(DEX*0.6444)+(DODGE*0.2113)+( END*0.5)

HP does not have an exact value. Stack endurance till you think its enough. I use 0.5 because i think its the right value, and works well for me. For HK you should have around 16k HP self-buffed. Don't focus completely in endurance. Get the enough that you need, and focus again on deflect/dodge/parry.

You can check out more information about these numbers within the spreadsheet.

I didn't add trinkets in this list, because you cant set a score for them.
    Anyway, in my opinion, you should use Wind's Breath in fights with many adds, and Brigade Badge of Glory in all other fights, as default. Arkryon's Mirror don't worth in raid situations, because healers never stop to heal you, so your health must be in 100% almost full time.

Wind's Breath: Has a chance on block and deflect to create a shield that absorbs up to 650 damage over 12 seconds. Drop from Cyclorax in NORMAL CC.

Bridage Badge of Glory: Endurance +30. Use: Absorbs up to 1250 damage. Last 30 seconds. You can buy from Whitefall Brigade Quartermaster Vendor.

Let me know if you didn't find any equipment, or have any suggestions.

Hope I have helped. Thanks.

Plane Touched

just happened to catch this, but Captian's prize is in the Ring section but should be in the neck section.

Have you thought of adding armor to the item values? I use several of my DPS relics when tanking since the stats are fairly close to my tanking epics and the epics have less armor.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Firieth View Post
    just happened to catch this, but Captian's prize is in the Ring section but should be in the neck section.
    fixed, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Have you thought of adding armor to the item values? I use several of my DPS relics when tanking since the stats are fairly close to my tanking epics and the epics have less armor.
    Well, i decided to list just raid gear, starting from tier 1, so tier 1 and 2 atm.

DPS and Tank gear has the same armor, so there is no reason to list armor of each equipment. You just need know what tier of your gear. Tier 1 armor is X. Tier 2 armor is Y, like hit/focus and toughness.

Yeah, armour is usually going to be the deciding factor, especially if you're close to a threshold on Shadow Guard. Obviously tanking in full DPS relics is not necessarily better than tanking epics because of the huge HP loss, but you can effectively mix the two until you hit the deflect soft cap.

Really for tanking it's pretty intuitive, unlike for DPS BIS sheets which have real maths (AP and SP = more DPS) behind them. It does help up-and-coming Riftstalkers to have a reference for the stats, names, and locations of different pieces of loot, though, so thanks for putting it together.

I prefer stacking dodge whenever since parry is practally useless for us so items like Soul sticth treads are preferred over the hexed piece. To be fair I am not really a main tank for my guild just a off tank for grug and aky so tank bis gear is not really hugely important for me
    Lvl 60 - Liadva
    T2: Clear
    T3: 6/8
    GM + RL of <Fires of Heaven>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Guipex View Post
    Rogue Tank BIS Gear List (1.7 Update)

http://tinyurl.com/roguetankbis

This list gives a general score for all rogue equipments that can be used in tank spec, even equipments without toughness and hit, once DPS/PvP gear has more DEX and still can be used for high deflect rates.

The Equation

SCORE = ((STR+PARRY)*0.1443)+(DEX*0.6444)+(DODGE*0.2113)+( END*0.5)

HP does not have an exact value. Stack endurance till you think its enough. I use 0.5 because i think its the right value, and works well for me. For HK you should have around 16k HP self-buffed. Don't focus completely in endurance. Get the enough that you need, and focus again on deflect/dodge/parry.

You can check out more information about these numbers within the spreadsheet.

I didn't add trinkets in this list, because you cant set a score for them.
    Anyway, in my opinion, you should use Wind's Breath in fights with many adds, and Brigade Badge of Glory in all other fights, as default. Arkryon's Mirror don't worth in raid situations, because healers never stop to heal you, so your health must be in 100% almost full time.

Wind's Breath: Has a chance on block and deflect to create a shield that absorbs up to 650 damage over 12 seconds. Drop from Cyclorax in NORMAL CC.

Bridage Badge of Glory: Endurance +30. Use: Absorbs up to 1250 damage. Last 30 seconds. You can buy from Whitefall Brigade Quartermaster Vendor.

Let me know if you didn't find any equipment, or have any suggestions.

Hope I have helped. Thanks.
    You dont like Arkyons mirrior or the one that drops of Garau?

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    Doesn't seem to like Golem Actuator either. The thing is almost always active and +75 dodge is nothing to laugh at...
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    Heal trinket is bit useless coz healers keep you maxed hp for the entire fight. So even procing, the trinket will not work, coz u dont need heal. Shield > Heal.

The Way of Water should be better, but i dont have it, so i cant say.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    Doesn't seem to like Golem Actuator either. The thing is almost always active and +75 dodge is nothing to laugh at...
    Its not almost always active in boss fights. Anyway 75 dodge is less than 2% dodge. I really preffer a shield proc (Wind's Breath), or even the PvP one that gives 30 endurance and also a use 1250 absorb shield.

If they change to 75 Dexterity, so we can think about.

This is a BiS list for tanks, generally speaking, if it's of interest to you, you'll have the tanking relics and not the dps relics.

Overall good list, I personally think your # for endurance is low. Should be shooting for 18k+hp imo.

Also the disparity between dodge and parry is a bit high, outside of proccing strikeback there is no difference between the two.

I use the 30end pvp trinket over actuator. Don't have way of water yet, but our other guys with it aren't happy with the proc rate. There really aren't any amazing tank trinkets anyway so it's kind of a moot point.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 03-20-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

RIFT Guide Writer

While your sheet does look good, It's debatable whether to weight endurance higher then dext or not. When tanking actually bosses there are many mechanics that can't be dodged / deflected but this isn't so much the case for HK which I believe was the focus of your spreadsheet. For HK I'd agree with Dext > End simply because of the high amount of physical damage in that instance. Obviously some bosses vary but for the most part HK consists of physical damage.

On a side note, if your AoE tanking then Dext > Endurance for sure and way of water / golem actuator trinkets would be better imo. Otherwise I agree that the 30 endurance trinket is better for non AoE tanking.

Anyways still think your spreadsheet looks good, just thought I'd bring this up. The upcoming raid will help decide if End / Dext are better for tanking in the future.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 03-20-2012 at 08:29 AM.

You sre missiing rotp shoulders.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Guipex View Post
    Its not almost always active in boss fights. Anyway 75 dodge is less than 2% dodge. I really preffer a shield proc (Wind's Breath), or even the PvP one that gives 30 endurance and also a use 1250 absorb shield.

If they change to 75 Dexterity, so we can think about.
    It seems to be up almost all the time for me. Every time I glance at my buffs to check time remaining on finisher buffs, I always see the icon for the trinket mixed in with my buffs.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast