+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanking: Cleric Peeling

Soulwalker

Default Rogue Tanking: Cleric Peeling

Been having issues with my guildies clerics peeling away mobs away from me in aoe packs. Sometimes on ST.

I feel fail, but can't figure out what causing it? Am I doing something wrong? I usually shadow blitz then Rift disturbance for aoe packs.

Group is HK 4+ geared.

Build I am using is 51rs 7bard 8 ranger.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Champion

Dropping bard for 7-8 bladedancer and twin strike will help get you more AoE threat. They might also just be doing their heavy hitters too soon.

Yeah that strike back talent is pretty sweet.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Reprisal is amazing on groups -- the more things are attacking you, the more damage (and thus threat).

I believe I was once told that Twin Strike twice generated less threat on two targets than Planar Strike once on each.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Very cool, i've switched build and will try it out tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Reprisal is amazing on groups -- the more things are attacking you, the more damage (and thus threat).

I believe I was once told that Twin Strike twice generated less threat on two targets than Planar Strike once on each.
    maybe before they reduced the threat on the rs abilities and buffed the threat bonus of guardian phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckz View Post
    Been having issues with my guildies clerics peeling away mobs away from me in aoe packs. Sometimes on ST.
    Are you talking cleric healers, or cleric tanks? Because a good cleric tank can out threat Jesus if he wants to.

That said, the above suggestions should work very well if healers are pulling mobs off of you. Also if you have Strikeback, don't forget that Sidesteps is actually a huge AoE threat generator, as well as a defensive CD.

We used to use it a lot back in the day to try and hold agro on large mob packs before Planar Vortex.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Soulwalker

DPS clerics in general. They burst really high above 10-15kish in the beginning.

Yeh, cleric tanks can pull off you when you are off tanking. I just gave up and let them tank the extra mobs in aky.
    Last edited by Wreckz; 02-26-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Tell the cabs to count to 5 before blowing asias, they are derping.

If you are losing add threat to another tank on Aky you either don't know how to keep vortex up 100% or they are actively screwing with you. I haven't had any trouble with it. I don't use twin strike either.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Tell the cabs to count to 5 before blowing asias, they are derping.

If you are losing add threat to another tank on Aky you either don't know how to keep vortex up 100% or they are actively screwing with you. I haven't had any trouble with it. I don't use twin strike either.
    Do you use reprisal though? What do you use as a AoE builder?
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Soulwalker

Default its ok

Ok soooo ur spec is good that is the spec i use actally

but from what i can tell based on what i've read is ur pulling with shadow blitz and disturbance. gooooood!!!!! than!!! i bet u have agro for about 6 seconds and than BAM!!!! cleric ripped agro easy fix cleric is generating lots of threat and 6 seconds after you did ur blink ur vortex fell off. considering vortex is the rogues bread and butter of aoe threat you don't want that to dorp until you know the threat genartation is where u want it to be. sooo to fix this problem just watch ur vortex buff and when ur at about 1 second just use assault, stalk, or shadow warp at ur feet to put vortex back up.
    Last edited by Squueee; 02-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Do you use reprisal though? What do you use as a AoE builder?
    disturbance on cooldown + 100% uptime on vortex is all you need. i don't use twin strike or reprisal.

do remember that the little crabs have weird aggro resets, this may be what you are noticing. if you are losing apostles/claws then apparently your cleric wants to tank the whole room. clerics can rip aggro off rogues/warrs with nonstop DoL spam. which is why I said your cleric may be screwing with you
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread