+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged PvP build?

Default Ranged PvP build?

Just coming back to the game after long hiatus. No idea what I'm doing anymore. Just need somewhere to start. Was hoping for some suggestions.

I like 51mm-10rng-5rs. In ranger go 2/3 improved quick shot and cripping.

It's my MM build for pve, pvp and works great in onslaughts.

The snare from cripping is handy dandy, stay near max range. It's virtually impossible to lose to a mage 1v1 and I've pulled off some 1v2s with it. Inquisicar cleric and a mage... two easiest classes to take out as a MM but still.

Remember to purge warriors who blink around. They're nasty... there have been more 51 sins around too, they can take you out too but other then that it's a great multipurpse build.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Rift Disciple

44mm/22 rs
    BEST ROGUE EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ax1om View Post
    44mm/22 rs
    I have a question, what's the purpose of 22 RS? You won't want to close into melee range so that leaves you 3 ports. Do you find them really useful considering all the speed buffs/ports we have already? Is it worth the loss in dps?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I have tried a lot of specs, in the end the one I fall back to is

49mm/17sin

Good runner-up to me was 51mm/14ranger/1rs. But without an HK 2 set too much casting time for my liking with an intended highly mobile main soul.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    I have a question, what's the purpose of 22 RS? You won't want to close into melee range so that leaves you 3 ports. Do you find them really useful considering all the speed buffs/ports we have already? Is it worth the loss in dps?
    Pick the RS soul for the outstanding useful offensive and defensive buffs. You don't lose any damage compared to other MM builds, but get loads of surviveability. It outperforms any other MM build in PvP.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Pick the RS soul for the outstanding useful offensive and defensive buffs. You don't lose any damage compared to other MM builds, but get loads of surviveability. It outperforms any other MM build in PvP.
    You definitely lose damage. But it is undeniable that you could get a better chunk of survivability for your points spent anywhere else than RS. MM is pretty solid anyway though it just depends what bells and whistles you want. I will give that the crit chance temp is probably nice. But it's damage still may be lower. I am not sure if the added crit chance would make up for what other builds can offer for dps.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-26-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You definitely lose damage. But it is undeniable that you could get a better chunk of survivability for your points spent anywhere else than RS. MM is pretty solid anyway though it just depends what bells and whistles you want. I will give that the crit chance temp is probably nice. But it's damage still may be lower. I am not sure if the added crit chance would make up for what other builds can offer for dps.
    You get +15% crit and +20% damage.
    BEST ROGUE EU

You get +15% crit and +20% damage.
    so +20% damage.

But if I spec 49mm/17 sin I get a potential +5% damage for having points spent in the soul. EM hits harder, so that counts for something. I get a pretty much full time 14% boost in damage from the sin (4% physical and 10% from the proc). So now I have just made up 19% of the 20% damage you listed while having an EM that hits harder. Sin drops RS spec to having 10% crit over it. But the sin's crit's are hitting 20% harder. Which the math that increases a critical hit is a bigger bonus, if you will, than a 20% increase to damage. the 20% crit bonus hits everything, including my EM's and my MM is pushing a 49+% crit chance.

On top of that you do not get Exposed weakness, which for bursty moments every 20s everything is hitting quite harder.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

To clarify what I mean, with simple dummy smacking. Based on my gear I see this...

44mm/22RS (I choose all the DPS stuff you could with 22 in RS and did all these with stalker phase + it's temp from porting).

Crits:

Swift shot - 909
    EM - 738

non crits (ballpark since it varies):

Swift shot - ~475 - 550
    EM - ~225 - 350

49mm/17sin

crits:

Swift shot - 1047 (1120 with exposed weakness)
    EM - 816

Non crits:

Swift Shot - ~550 - 600
    EM - ~250 - 400

Of course if you skip a beat and you don't have the 15% dmg buff up from porting the spec falls dramatically far behind in damage output. That's every 10s you must hit a port. It's maintainable but the sin one also has nothing to maintain. All passive and nothing to build up to reach those numbers. See what I mean how you lose damage? I am not sure 10% more crit chance makes up for those numbers. Even if you crit 10% more than the latter, the latter spec is passing in hurdles when its crits are hitting much harder. Spike damage I have found to be king in pvp. Unless you destroy someone with a billion assassin bleeds.

51mm/14ranger/1rs can potentially get higher than my guild. But stuff in pvp dies so fast often I sought out a spec that required no build up of a stacking buff. Just sayin' nobody specs RS for it's leet pvp DPS. It has passable DPS options, but it's far from one of the best. It does well in survivability.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-26-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

46MM/15RNG/5RS

Then get the shadow fire lesser essence so you get the 100 AP bonus each time you use shadow fire. Put the 5 points in RS into the AP bonus.

The problem with rs is that you need to burn ports to maintain your dps, yet at the same time your ports are the best way to escape, or worse, they require you to port to the enemy. Mms thrive on running away when enemies start to focus you, so why are you doing them a favor porting TO them?

Sin, otoh, gives you kick and blinding, which when used correctly can effectively let you go 2v1 in seriously bad situations, escape more easily, etc while also keeping damage high or equal to a buffed rs.

The problem with rang is that you need to sac a essence slot for 100ap, and you prob want to use the rang crystal to make sf and ss fire instantly, which may not be ideal if you are unsure on the class.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    The problem with rs is that you need to burn ports to maintain your dps, yet at the same time your ports are the best way to escape, or worse, they require you to port to the enemy. Mms thrive on running away when enemies start to focus you, so why are you doing them a favor porting TO them?

Thats my issue with RS for MM secondary. You have 4 ports. 1 is a break free, and requires a target. 50/50, can be worth it if your first break free is down. 2 of them build 2 CP but you have to port right to the enemies face, or some enemies face. Then of course the random one that you can hit anytime - which is what I use 0rs on my MM for - the free blink to aid my get aways. With 75% of your accessible ports basically taking you to the enemies face with a main soul that thrives on range and escaping from the targets melee - 20m range. Not to mention to use your ports you have to stunt your MM's potential range by 15m in the first place.

I'm convinced any spec can be made to work by any player, but certainly that one must stand out as awkward because you have two souls whos route of play defy one another. Your main souls is built to run away and take advantage of range. Your secondary is made to get in peoples faces and close range gaps. I mean, (not joking, just asking) would you get in 20m range, port to the person face, proc the 10s buff, run away out of range, then 10s later move back into 20m range and do that, rinse and repeat every 10s? I am not being sarcastic, just wondering if that is actually what you do.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

44mm/22 rs
    i have personally used both 44mm/22rs and 51mm builds.
    22rs is really good if you wanting to stay alive a little longer and troll them by blinking . it does work well against most.
    51mm version's are good if you are able keeping your distance, it can be a killing machine, and this is my fav.

+ Reply to Thread