+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: PA dagger dps bug

Default PA dagger dps bug

I dont if this is old news but here goes.

Did anyone see that you miss 1.6 dps when you go full out in the dagger PA?
    My auto attack crits started at 194 dmg, with each 0.8 dps, i get 3 more dmg per crit.
    But when i put all my points in dagger dps i only get 212 per crit so I actually miss 6 more dmg

Rift Disciple

I haven't heard anything. You might consider going onto the PTS (since respecs are effectively free) and resetting the PA's and then filling out each individual hex, testing, and seeing if one (or more) are broken.

Frankly I'm waiting on some word to the supposed changes with the PA's before I bother looking for more reasons than the blatant ones as to why our PA's are just trash.

Ascendant

Are you sure this is not just rounding?

IE you get ~2.25 damage on crits per 0.8 weapon dps (instead of an even 3).

RIFT Guide Writer

I reseted my PA levels on PTS and kept autoattacking a dummy while filling in all the dagger dps hexes. All of the seemed to work and the total increase was what I was expecting. It looks like an issue with rounding like Rizaz said.

The bug that we only get half the total benefit from PA compared to other callings still exists though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I reseted my PA levels on PTS and kept autoattacking a dummy while filling in all the dagger dps hexes. All of the seemed to work and the total increase was what I was expecting. It looks like an issue with rounding like Rizaz said.

The bug that we only get half the total benefit from PA compared to other callings still exists though.
    I did the same thing as you on the pts, but i just dont understand sometimes i did not see the dmg increase at all. e.g. If i was hitting for 200 and then i used another 4 points in dagger the dmg was the same 200, why not 201 or 202?

Soulwalker

Yeah Ive gotten out of speccing into weapon dps and into more dex/str for the AP, you end up doing more dps overall. But would love to see Trion Bump up our PA weapon dps and have it actually work....

+ Reply to Thread