+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Self Healing

Telaran

Default Rogue Self Healing

Do any of the souls have healing for rogues incombat? I know Bard can do some heal right? Do we get any buffs that give some healing during melee?
    “Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.” ~ Guillaume Apollinaire

Ascendant

Yes, going at least 14 into Assassin soul gets you Leeching Poison.

Riftstalker has a talent called Rift Scavenger that heals you based on the remaining combo points you have on a target when it dies. Depending on the situation, that could be "in combat healing".
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-24-2012 at 12:59 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Leeching poison in assassin tree is good for self healing. Another good one is rift scavenger in RS tree. Those two are pretty much it for rogues.

Rift Chaser

Enduring brew at is available at after 25 points in the assassin tree that is a self heal (1min cool down)

Leeching poison > motif of renewal

In 1.8 we may have one in Blade dancer (see false blade change rage)
    Last edited by hejtmane; 02-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Rift Disciple

None of which come close to the self healing of the other callings. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Rift scavenger is as stupid of a concept as it gets requiring CP's to heal off of, thus nerfing our damage and making us inevitably take more damage from the mob because it's living longer.

In my opinion you're better off being a MM and learning how to kite.

From FB skill description, the healing done by this skill depends on AP, but does not depend on damage output. So,in Guardian Phase, which reduce damage output by 30% but AP still the same, should not impact the healing done from FB right?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shyessa View Post
    From FB skill description, the healing done by this skill depends on AP, but does not depend on damage output. So,in Guardian Phase, which reduce damage output by 30% but AP still the same, should not impact the healing done from FB right?
    except your ap in tank gear will be terrible like the damage

Assassin = Leeching Poison, Enduring Brew
    Riftstalker = Rift Scavenger
    Blade Dancer = False Blade
    Nightblade = Can syphon heals
    Marksman = Can sypon heals
    And of course Bard.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by hejtmane View Post
    except your ap in tank gear will be terrible like the damage
    Depends if he wants heals for PvP or PvE.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

On the PTS my Rogue tank in Raid T1 gear is getting healed for about 225 every two seconds from False Blade. I'd really not get excited over the idea of using it when tanking if I were you.

Though on further experiementation I can maybe see some PvP potential as, amusingly enough, it does get boosted from BaSP. But then I don't PvP so I've no idea if that'd be any good still.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-24-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    On the PTS my Rogue tank in Raid T1 gear is getting healed for about 225 every two seconds from False Blade. I'd really not get excited over the idea of using it when tanking if I were you.

Though on further experiementation I can maybe see some PvP potential as, amusingly enough, it does get boosted from BaSP. But then I don't PvP so I've no idea if that'd be any good still.
    I am healing for 900 a tic in AP stacked source and PvP gear
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I am healing for 900 a tic in AP stacked source and PvP gear
    Whoaa.. 900 a tic!!! Hope this skill will not get nerf for good

On live, running 25sin/21rs/20bd, wearing 2 pieces of HK tank gear, HK BD crystal, using arkyron's mirror in guardian phase for big pulls, I can pull 12-15+ ember isle mobs at a time and end the fight with full hp. Of course I can chain them infinitely at this number; it's just hard to find a spot with that many mobs to gather up :P

I have an hk-ready toon of each class. Obviously my rogue is by far the most geared, but my alts are all at least P4 / have blighted 4pc / full crafted.

My cleric can grind faster than my rogue just using inquisicar. souldrain+CoO it's a 1 button grinding machine.

My warrior can grind OKish, but slower than my rogue. BoEA + reaver = basically no downtime. He can live through just about any pull I can manage, but the dps is low so exp/hr suffers.

My mage is probably the slowest grinder of all. I've tried a bunch of different builds and nothing works consistently on packs of EI mobs 8+. He's also the most geared of my alts, I main heal our alt raids, beat some of our mains on dps with my alt, but regardless, the soloing is WAY slow compared to the other classes.

TLDR: rogue healing is fine, spec leeching poison + rift scavenger, get a heal-on-deflect trinket, and you can join me in watching TV while I press my twin strike macro.

I've seen the vids of the full-relic warrior farming that secret spot everyone knows about, and I can do it just as fast. 99% of the time I'm with you guys on our class issues, but we have an extremely potent soloing spec already, and I just can't understand why people (esp. Zyz) are bringing this issue up currently when we have other, more serious problems that need dev attention.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 02-24-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Warriors can farm PA's nearly as fast as clerics. Rogues and mages cannot.

Rogue healing is really bad for a bunch of reasons. Mainly because it scales off of our hp which has gone up 50% while the other calling's heals scale off of damage which has gone up about 2000%. Leeching poison is the only thing that is keeping us alive in EI long enough to kill mobs and that is only because they band-aid buffed it to heal 4x what it used to. Then there is the fact that leeching has an ICD and scales really poorly. It is going to either need to be band-aid buffed again when the next content roles out or they are going to have to change rogue self heals to scale off of damage like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Warriors can farm PA's nearly as fast as clerics. Rogues and mages cannot.

Rogue healing is really bad for a bunch of reasons. Mainly because it scales off of our hp which has gone up 50% while the other calling's heals scale off of damage which has gone up about 2000%. Leeching poison is the only thing that is keeping us alive in EI long enough to kill mobs and that is only because they band-aid buffed it to heal 4x what it used to. Then there is the fact that leeching has an ICD and scales really poorly. It is going to either need to be band-aid buffed again when the next content roles out or they are going to have to change rogue self heals to scale off of damage like everyone else.
    Scavenger scaling off HP is not an issue in my eyes; it will always heal for 35%, and this is the main reason it's useful in a variety of specs. If you can't consistently drop mobs at 3-5cps when you pull big packs, I think that's a L2P issue. I am not in BiS gear and the only thing holding me back from farming EI mobs nonstop is that I find it boring. As a comparison I pulled mobs just like that certain warr in her farming spec whose video is plastered on their forums and was able to hit similar xp/hr numbers.

Leeching, though...while obtained at 14pts Sin really needs 19pts+ of talents to make leeching rule. With 25sin/21rs/20bd leeching heals for 300hp a proc; with mirror I sustain 150+hps. This number jumps up massively when scavenger can be utilized. Also you get the benefit of having a beast expert tanking spec if you throw a couple +toughness pieces on...:P

What I'm really confused with honestly, is why some of you think our self-healing is inadequate, because I really have not experienced this issue. I can solo EI minibosses and mainland bosses easily, solo all chronicles, solo EI invasion stages, etc. I guess I just don't see where the requested improvement would even fit, since IMO we've got enough self heals already. Specifically Zyz, where/when/what mobs are you having trouble with that other classes can handle solo? I want to know so I can go practice on them :P

And leeching poison scaling issues are simply a tiny piece of an extraordinarily twisted balance philosophy Trion has apparently subscribed to. IMO, though, at least we know our sub money will be paying for devs/programmers to fix our **** :P
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 02-25-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast