+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite dps PvE specc's?

Default Your favorite dps PvE specc's?

So far, I've taken a liking to Nightblade for pve, great damage output, ranged abilities, and the AoE is not bad at all, so whats your favorite? I'll still switch to bloodstalker for Murdantix though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

If I had to choose only one soul it would be bladedancer. I've always preferred melee builds to ranged builds and it's a build where when it's played well it's effective. There's also a huge difference in dps output depending on how you play it, the soul is subtle and has a lot of nuances. I also like MM, I've always liked running fast in MMOs... so the speed buffs, port and jump back appeal to me.

I wish bladedancer was a little better though.. it's a jack of all trades soul right now where another build can outperform it in almost every situation. One little change like making twin strike hit 8 mobs would make a world of difference. When there are 8+ mobs I've been outdpsed by MM...

It's also not that far behind Sin-RS on Sic, despite what most people say. I've tried it a bunch of times on Sic but have never not gotten a contract to compare directly. One contract will be long enough to lose your 2 set piece bonus ap stacking buff and kill your dps. That being said, I believe it's about 200 dps behind on Sic so when I don't feel like flexing my epeen in guild I'll play it for fun. I really want to put a number on the spec with 0 contracts so I keep playing it and hoping.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

I like playing different specs, because I seem to get bored of the same one after 2-3 months.

That being said, my current favorite is BD. I don't like how it sucks without rhymic, but the fact that you can always have one up is cool. I just don't like the fact that almost every boss has a downtime, and that just destroys BDs dps.

Sin/RS isn't much fun anymore, but it's ok because you can only use it on a limited amount of fights so it's ok.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    I like playing different specs, because I seem to get bored of the same one after 2-3 months.

That being said, my current favorite is BD. I don't like how it sucks without rhymic, but the fact that you can always have one up is cool. I just don't like the fact that almost every boss has a downtime, and that just destroys BDs dps.

Sin/RS isn't much fun anymore, but it's ok because you can only use it on a limited amount of fights so it's ok.
    How does BD compare to BS on Vlad? Same downtime for both sort of.

My favorite spec is bloodstalker, hands down. However if i can't run Bloodstalker then it's a tossup between 51BD and 49NB.

Though i have actually been running a lot of IA's in this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zoz.0VMcx0b.-5 which is a lot of fun. I put up guardian phase and just run around porting all over the place and tagging everything i see with Vortex. It's more about fun that optimizing though.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

I really like the subtleties of MM trying to maximize damage by remaining still as often as possible. Strafing strategically to move, watching when to refresh headshot so as to not leave RFS off CD for a rotation, timing barbed shot when something is going to move, etc.

I could never get into the RS variants since the blinks were rarely used as gap closers. They were just glorified buffs for porting in place.

51 BD looks fun, but I just don't have the gear to play with it yet. Bard would be fun if our CD's matched typical raid mechanics better (IE Chloro's AoE heal being 20s and most mechanics going off every 20s). It would be more involved at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    My favorite spec is bloodstalker, hands down. However if i can't run Bloodstalker then it's a tossup between 51BD and 49NB.

Though i have actually been running a lot of IA's in this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...zoz.0VMcx0b.-5 which is a lot of fun. I put up guardian phase and just run around porting all over the place and tagging everything i see with Vortex. It's more about fun that optimizing though.
    Thats my farming specc lol.

51BD hands down. Having multiple cooldowns to juggle depending on various phases / adds / mechanics / etc. adds a fair amount of strategy to DPSing, and overall just feels more rewarding when you get it right.

I don't like playing bloodstalker very much, the rotation is just as clunky and slow-ramping dps as sabdancer but without ANY aoe at all. Then again, I'm mainspec tank so I don't see dps on every fight.

Nightblade is meh...the rotation used to be somewhat interesting when it when it required incorporating deadly dance with fiery spike...now it's a 3 button spec. I'm not saying it's bad, just not much fun to play imo. Very mindless. Same issue that 51mm has now, imo; too simple. The rewards for spending the effort on min/maxing are pretty small with NB or MM.

Also NB and bloodstalker (and 51 rng) are so energy starved that during the bulk of boss encounters I find myself sitting there just waiting for energy to regen...which is roughly as fun as watching paint dry on a sloth.

On a separate note, I think sab could be made into an extremely interesting AOE soul, if DOT durations, debuffs, bomb damage, overrall utility and ramp-up time are addressed correctly. Sab is so close to being a totally unique and innovative dps/support soul... I do believe Trion will fix Sabo in 1.8, as after all they managed to make Marksman into one of the main rogue specs.

TLDR; 51BD>bloodstalker>49NB>51MM>sab>blinkblade???>anyt hing else
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

IGNORE PREVIOUS POST, EDIT TIMER SCREWED ME

51BD hands down. Having multiple cooldowns to juggle depending on various phases / adds / mechanics / etc. adds a fair amount of strategy to DPSing, and overall just feels more rewarding when you get it right.

I don't like playing bloodstalker very much, the rotation is just as clunky and slow-ramping dps as sabdancer but without ANY aoe at all. Then again, I'm mainspec tank so I don't see dps on every fight. At least sabdancer had AOE dps. Although I do remember the pain of trying to find the right mob to do a proper rotation off of :/

Nightblade is meh...the rotation used to be somewhat interesting when it required incorporating deadly dance with fiery spike...now it's a 3 button spec. I'm not saying it's bad, just not much fun to play imo. Very mindless. Same issue that 51mm has now, imo; too simple. The rewards for spending the effort on min/maxing are pretty small with NB or MM. NB just means pressing a different macro occasionally; MM gives you barbed shot / strafe+movement / no cd purge / 35m silence / baked-in speed boosts / headshot management, but the rewards for micromanaging these abilities just don't close the gap properly.

Also NB and bloodstalker (and 51 rng) are so energy starved that during the bulk of boss encounters I find myself sitting there just waiting for energy to regen...which is roughly as fun as watching paint dry on a sloth on the back of a tortoise in mid-December...

51BD offers some engaging variety in rotations. Bloodstalker...ok you press shadow shift instead of blitz/assault/stalk occasionally. Whoop-de-doo. Bloodstalker does require intelligent management, but the rotation doesn't change, ever.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 02-24-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Rift Chaser

For my rogue, I like BD/RS

I like blipping around, popping up behind the mob and charging over to them. But most of all, I like the BD intricacies. You play it well, the BD gets alot of dps out there. And using the RS to get health back after a fight keeps me going almost ad nasum.

Shadowlander

-bloodstalker
    -51bd
    -insert all other builds here
    -MM

Nightblade is my favorite pve specc, followed by the single target king blood stalker, don't like blade dancer, and lastly marksman, because I'm so sick of it.

Shadowlander

51Ranger ALL THE WAY BABY

Koe

Back in the Sabdancer days, because I hated Sabdancer so much I made my own spec which was superior at ST but way, way worse at AoE.

It was 21 NB, 19 Sin, 26 BD. Man, that rotation was stupid. So convoluted with the need to keep 3 stacks of FS, during DD, while letting it tick as much as possible while managing QS/PS/Puncture/BS during DD as well.

Looking back, I loved it because I had to pay attention to every CD and had to actually try to compete.

I still want to try it now, to see how it does, but I doubt it will be anything special.

I also love BS. It's just fun to play. Only thing I don't like is the 0 CP port in the rotation.

NB is fun to play, but it's horrible in-game. BD does everything it does, better. There's no need for BD or NB, so it's best to just use BS on everything(except for Aky and maybe King, those are MM) which I have more fun with.

I liked BD a lot before. Nothing really changed, but I just don't enjoy it now.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Sabodancer !!

rest in peace :'(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast