+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So how does damage per second and whetstones affect output?

Plane Walker

Default So how does damage per second and whetstones affect output?

I just got my pvp swords (some weeks ago lol) and I placed them in storage immediately as apparently my nimble death bringers gave way more attack power with bonus and shoulders. (Plus the hit, oh the hit*.)

It got me wondering though if 46.7 or so damage per second was better or worse than the 36.7 daggers, despite the difference in attack power as I've heard that whetstones gave a boost to dps by so and so amount as they give 3-4-5 dps per application.

So question is how does damage per second compare to attack power in terms of comparison? I'm attuned with fire too, so I wonder if that's a bonus or still bugged.
    Oh and does it matter what 1h+offhand I use (as in damage per second wise, not stat-wise) when I start using a gun?

I don't know how it affects it, but DPS > everything
    Your deathbringers could have 150 AP and you'd still probably want the better DPS weapon as your mainhand

Weapon DPS does not affect gun dps, but whetstone affect gun DPS for some reason.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-24-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

Helpful, but are there estimated numbers on the dps to attack power conversion?

I miss him already.

Telaran

Always assumed 1 dps= 10 atk

Champion

I remember trying the wrath stones out and two of them added the same amount of dmg as two razor's edges. If that doesn't change due how to they're being affected by buffs, talents, or something else, and the dps added by whetstones is really the same as just having more dps on your weapon, then adding 120 AP is the same dmg increase as adding 6 weapon dps. If that's right then 1 weapon DPS dmg increase is the same as adding an unmodified 20 AP.
    Last edited by rennlc; 02-26-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Plane Walker

If it was 20 attack power per 1 dps that would mean... 196 attack difference. That's actually quite a bit of difference for one weapon o-o. That's a bit better than me popping a mighty powersurge vial...and makes me question if using nimble death bringers for the bonus 20 attack is worth losing for another piece of pvp gear (currently using helm,body,legs, and feet; using deathbringers+shoulder and ring for extra attack.)

1 weapon/whetstone dps does not equal 10 attack and it has been a long thrown about misnomer.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3584269

Please look at this thread when we found out about the PA dps bug.

The crux of it is:

"Mellee relationship between dps and max damage is 3.64, for ranged it is 3.38. (2sf)."

1 dps = 3.64dps = 36.4ap

However several rogue skills gain a bonus to ap but you can pretty much be certain that it is 15~36.4ap = 1dps on a weapon.
    I make lots of money I make more money than you, I drive around in my limo that's what I was born to do,
    and I might like you better if we fought together, if its not to be you know I got something better for you,
    NAKED PICTURES OF YOUR MOTHER!

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    1 weapon/whetstone dps does not equal 10 attack and it has been a long thrown about misnomer.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3584269

Please look at this thread when we found out about the PA dps bug.

The crux of it is:

"Mellee relationship between dps and max damage is 3.64, for ranged it is 3.38. (2sf)."

1 dps = 3.64dps = 36.4ap

However several rogue skills gain a bonus to ap but you can pretty much be certain that it is 15~36.4ap = 1dps on a weapon.
    I meant! 1 weapon/whetstone dps = 3.64 damage on a skill = 36.4ap

I didn't mean dps on the centre part, I was just tired when posting.
    I make lots of money I make more money than you, I drive around in my limo that's what I was born to do,
    and I might like you better if we fought together, if its not to be you know I got something better for you,
    NAKED PICTURES OF YOUR MOTHER!

Champion

Yeah, fits my estimation too. I figured 1 weapon DPS = 20 AP but that was from attacks from a 51 MM (+75% AP contribution). 20 AP with that +75% contribution would be the same as 35 unmodified AP and right where your testing says it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Yeah, fits my estimation too. I figured 1 weapon DPS = 20 AP but that was from attacks from a 51 MM (+75% AP contribution). 20 AP with that +75% contribution would be the same as 35 unmodified AP and right where your testing says it should be.
    you get 100% form MM
    25% more AP out of Increased Fire power on a crit and the passive 75% from Controlled Fire

+ Reply to Thread