+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I MTed Sicaron and I think I liked it..

Default I MTed Sicaron and I think I liked it..

Lol anyway, I tried MT sic tonight, and I took less damage from decay than our warrior. Granted it was only because I was rotating blitz bonus and cooldowns, but I never dreamed of eating decays back in the day. I let a few go through with no bonuses up and on those I was good as long as I deflected enough of the ticks to reflect my tooltip deflect % (edit- which does mean I was relying on RNG, but I'm pretty sure deflect will equal block in the next tier)(also our warr tank is pretty derp)

Just wanna say I think rogue mit is in a decent place, deflect on future tier gear will really solidify this, and I can only hope our mit and threat (especially since it only scales off weapon damage) will scale in the future.

Mainly I would like an open discussion of rogue mitigation in this thread, personally I'm probably just tickled since I don't get insta-gibbed by physical damage anymore.

And yes, I am aware that warrior tanks are overpowered in their current incarnation.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 02-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

how geared are you?
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Ascendant

Good to hear rogues are able to tank Sicaron now with ease, where they would get wrecked before.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

I'm in full HK, only relic belt atm
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Good to hear rogues are able to tank Sicaron now with ease, where they would get wrecked before.
    I'm not full HK yet and Sicaron was eating me twice during the last 15% yesterday. We gave up and wait for our war MT which will be back on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    I'm not full HK yet and Sicaron was eating me twice during the last 15% yesterday. We gave up and wait for our war MT which will be back on Saturday.
    I would suggest using armor platings and dex pots. Also in my experience tank deaths on Sicaron are almost entirely due to the LBV chloro's getting contracts and not communicating well enough - our half oranged warrior can die to decay+auto attack when the chloros get lazy.

In any case, if you are getting wrecked as tank, I would suggest taking a moment to evaluate the healing situation. You definitely want a LBV chloro on each tank (if you use two tanks, also your clerics would probably love the chance to get some inflated parses in ) since the blue bubble massively inflates their healing. If you must, save your cooldowns for situations where decay occurs either a) in the period between contract boosts b) when one of the tank heal chloros gets a contract or c) when you get scared :P

I OTed Sicaron way back before deflect existed - between my lesser gear then and various Riftstalker buffs that hadn't been implemented yet, decay regularly came close to killing me. Now it's wayyyyy more manageable.
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 02-22-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    yup Feb 22 2012.

Didn't warrs did that a few weeks ago in July 2011? Lies they DID that in July but they were not Full HK gear then... so maybe August?

Im happy we can tank... I would just love to live in a world were classes were balanced. Getting closer each day.. tho

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    yup Feb 22 2012.

Didn't warrs did that a few weeks ago in July 2011? Lies they DID that in July but they were not Full HK gear then... so maybe August?

Im happy we can tank... I would just love to live in a world were classes were balanced. Getting closer each day.. tho
    Would it make you feel better if I told you I was able to live through decays solo? Yep our warrior derped and died, I lived through a couple decays solo...though I got put under 1khp each time :P

Agreed though that Trion is moving towards class balance - their approach is somewhat unconventional but almost all of their major changes I would consider successful and I do have faith that they'll keep trying to balance everything.

The best thing I can say about Trion, is that when one of the devs or class leads says "this is what we're aiming for" they get pretty damn close.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

I tanked Sicaron with T2 gear and HK weapons with an other rogues taking the breath.
    What is the big deal?

Use the max deflect build and it's pretty straight forward.

I do it every week and I only have the belt and shoulders relic'd.

It's actually preferable for me to be holding him, to keep up Turn the Tide.

Do you happen to know how much DPS you did? And do you place the contracts so they hit the tank?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    Do you happen to know how much DPS you did? And do you place the contracts so they hit the tank?
    He pulled 717dps with 774,813 damage taken and 761 HPS over 6:04 minutes. We had some new people in the raid near the end of our raiding night. We are only 10/11 at the moment. I was just happy I finally broke 4K with no contracts.

Wait was this solo tanking or Duo?
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Lol anyway, I tried MT sic tonight, and I took less damage from decay than our warrior. Granted it was only because I was rotating blitz bonus and cooldowns, but I never dreamed of eating decays back in the day. I let a few go through with no bonuses up and on those I was good as long as I deflected enough of the ticks to reflect my tooltip deflect % (edit- which does mean I was relying on RNG, but I'm pretty sure deflect will equal block in the next tier)(also our warr tank is pretty derp)

Just wanna say I think rogue mit is in a decent place, deflect on future tier gear will really solidify this, and I can only hope our mit and threat (especially since it only scales off weapon damage) will scale in the future.

Mainly I would like an open discussion of rogue mitigation in this thread, personally I'm probably just tickled since I don't get insta-gibbed by physical damage anymore.

And yes, I am aware that warrior tanks are overpowered in their current incarnation.
    Were you solo tanking it?
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

RIFT Guide Writer

He wasn't solo tanking but he solo tanked a few breaths when the warrior OT died (posted later in thread).

I MT'ed Sicaron on our alt run -- not solo -- in 3/4 HK gear (no Shadow Blitz CD :sadface: ). Died a couple times until I sorted out how to use the CDs w breaths, but it wasn't so bad. Warriors with no HK tank gear have more HP and mitigation than me, but its hard to say how that will sort itself out once deflect is itemized.

I'm a little concerned that 1.8 will buff rogue mitigation up to warrior levels, either leaving clerics behind or putting everyone at 90%+ and making it difficult to keep things balanced. I guess that's TRIONs problem to solve, though.
    Last edited by Beckmann; 02-23-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast