+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Infantry of the Warfront. (New Hybrid Spec!)

Default Infantry of the Warfront. (New Hybrid Spec!)

Infantry is the Queen of the Battle (sounds gay...I know) but it isn't in terms of your powder faced prissy *****es of the whatever century you are thinking of. An Infantry unit is called the Queen of Battle because it is being compared to Chess. It is the piece that can adapt the most, change the game, and can move farther, faster than anyone else. It is a feared piece on the chess table, and is a feared unit in the art of war.

I wanted to make a spec that some what reflected this. An Infantry unit isn't the cream of the crop when it comes to combat believe it or not, they aren't Special Forces, and they aren't tabbed Rangers. They are trained to be jack of the trade warriors. To adapt and overcome a challenge.

They aren't the best Medics on the field, but if some patch work needs done they have enough knowledge to save a battle buddy until they could get them to someone that is better trained at treating a wound.

So without further blabbing this is the Spec I came up with, and to be completely honest it is effective, but a pretty damn complicated spec to play. If you are a brand new Rogue I really wouldn't suggest this spec, if you are however a vet, and want to try something a bit more challenging, then I think this may be for you.

After I get a bit better at the playstyle myself I will put up a guide on it, but until then just have fun, and see how you can do with it!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....Eh0qzqsz0z.-5
    34 Sin / 32 Bard / 0 BD/Ranger

What I have been doing ( Depending on the WF )
    Jagged>Backstab>Impale>Riff>Virt>Coda of Wrath if 1v1 Coda of Fury if it's an AOE Fest

Or

Find the other teams main Healer
    Jagged>Backstab>Impale>Anathema>Riff>Virt>Coda of Resto

Those aren't the only rotations, and this spec has A LOT of different ways to be played, but they have been working for me. The most fun I have had so far was at Vault.

The regular Sin/RS was defending for the opposing team he got open on me, put up a full bleed Rotation,
    I then returned the bleed rotation, popped Riff>Virt and used resto to heal myself out of it, and then switched to Wrath. He then used his /y to rage on his loss to a Bard. Was def a good time =P

Keeping Motiffs up is a nice buff to your team, as well as a debuff blocker for your allies. I could go on for a really long time on this spec, but I think you can just look at it and think of all the posibilities it presents.

Let me know your thoughts, and have fun!
    "You lost me at Balance"

This spec sounds extremely interesting. Sadly, I suck something awful as a Bard so I'll leave the testing of it to people who don't forget about the motifs all the damn time and know how not to suck with one. Or maybe I'll try it when I get put in as a merc and Guardians are losing 850-2 xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    This spec sounds extremely interesting. Sadly, I suck something awful as a Bard so I'll leave the testing of it to people who don't forget about the motifs all the damn time and know how not to suck with one. Or maybe I'll try it when I get put in as a merc and Guardians are losing 850-2 xD.
    LOL it is fun, just sooooooooooooooo many Keybinds. All my razr Naga keys are full for this one lmao
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-21-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread