+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [BUG] Bard and Sab abilities neither ranged or melee

Default [BUG] Bard and Sab abilities neither ranged or melee

I have done some testing on the PTS and neither bard (cadence/CoR/CoF) or sab (blast charge/detonate) seem to effected by melee only OR ranged only abilities. I tried with and without Blade Finesse and combat expertise with both, with and without MM as the third soul, no change. Note the ranged soul did change the ability damage since it was now based on the ranged weapon but it was the same with and without points on BD.

I tried Ranger to Opportunity and MM to controlled fire and neither of them would proc opportunity or receive the energy reduction from Controlled fire.

IMHO they should be fixed to get benefits from both melee only and ranged only talents. At they very least they should get the benefits from one.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Hate to break it to you, but this is not a bug, it's working as intended. Sab is getting an overhaul in 1.8. Bard will likely be what it is for quite a long time.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Yah, I'm posting this because sab is getting a (terrible so far) overhaul. Bard could use some love too.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    I have done some testing on the PTS and neither bard (cadence/CoR/CoF) or sab (blast charge/detonate) seem to effected by melee only OR ranged only abilities. I tried with and without Blade Finesse and combat expertise with both, with and without MM as the third soul, no change. Note the ranged soul did change the ability damage since it was now based on the ranged weapon but it was the same with and without points on BD.

I tried Ranger to Opportunity and MM to controlled fire and neither of them would proc opportunity or receive the energy reduction from Controlled fire.

IMHO they should be fixed to get benefits from both melee only and ranged only talents. At they very least they should get the benefits from one.
    Thanks for your info. I have been playing bard for a long time but I havn't notice that!! Maybe because I use the shield that proc on heal so I didn't notice that. Anyway Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread