+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sin Build for PvP

Soulwalker

Default Sin Build for PvP

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ddR.VckcuRb.-0

I would like to know if this build is competivive for PvP?
    If not what would you change?

Thanks in Advance for the help

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nechuz View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ddR.VckcuRb.-0

I would like to know if this build is competivive for PvP?
    If not what would you change?

Thanks in Advance for the help
    I'm not really going to suggest wether or not this build is or can be competitive, because I think that is going to be based more around your own talent and knowledge of pvp (ie some people could be competitive with this build, others could not be). But I will suggest a couple small changes to the point distribution.

Take the point out of Poison Potency and put it in Backstab. Backstab is a positional ability and you'll have a hard time being effective with it if you keyboard-turn, but assuming you don't do that, you're missing Sin's hardest hitting builder outside of Serpent Strike by not having Backstab. Plus you've already put points in to Advanced Flanking, which increases Backstab's crit chance.

Take one point out of Improved Savage Strike and put it in to Blinding Powder. I would even go as far as suggesting to take both of the points out of Improved Savage Strike and putting one in Blinding Powder and the other in Double Cross. Again, this is somewhat dependant on whether or not you keyboard or mouse turn (in fact if you do keyboard turn I'd suggest not playing sin at all...I'll just put that out there).

In Riftstalker take the 3 points out of Rift Barrier. It's a little overrated (that does not mean it doesn't have it's uses) and for a spec thats going to be in stealth a lot theres a chance it could pull you out of stealth. Personally, I'd put those points in Boosted Recovery to increase the healing from Leeching Poison...maybe put 2 in Boosted Recovery and 1 in Planar Refuge.

Outside of that, the obvious flaw to this build is that it has ZERO ranged capability. That means you will rely heavily on Riftstalker's gap closers and with 22 points you don't get Shadow Warp, which really makes a difference because other than Shadow Shift, the other gap closers require a target to shift to. Both Shadow Warp and Shadow Shift are useful to both close gaps and to create distance. Now, I would LOVE to say that melee rogues don't need ranged capabilities but the fact that CC's go on DR so quickly means that your snares won't keep your targets close. I would compare this build to a buld that replaces sin with nightblade, maybe create them both and see which one you like. Nightblade, will bring ranged finishers and builders to the table, greater survivability and greater normalized damage. Also, I would look at going 38 NB/28 RS or 38 SIN/28 RS if you are looking for a melee build with riftstalker incorporated. 38 NB/28 RS brings a TON of utility and survivability to the match as well as very decent damage.
    Last edited by Emanresu; 02-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread