+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still feel this is true?

Plane Walker

Default Does anyone still feel this is true?

Taken from the offical patch notes of 1.5

Yeah I know this was a long time ago..but still

- Competitive PvP DPS. You should fear seeing a Rogue the same way you see a Warrior. Of equal Prestige Rank, the two should be capable of providing a similar amount of PvP threat.

Not at all really.

In a PvP setting anything but MM is able to be ignored.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-21-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Ascendant

Warrior under 10K hp can put a huge dent in your hp pretty fast with an uncleansable heal debuff. For that reason alone no rogue can be feared as much as a warrior.

But I don't ever see any melee rogues just jumping in like warriors do because theyd die just as fast if not faster, with accomplishing even less due to the damage being able to be healed through easily.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

DB1

You guys are doing it wrong then. In pvp I run either 51MM or BlinkBlade and I go on a killing spree with both. BlinkBlade with stalker phase can easily take out anyone in a 1v1 or 1v2 i've done it many times. I personally like the new pvp changes. Less QQing and more Ltp. U mad because you can't one shot some one with a dedicated healer ? Maybe trying burn the healers down 1st. I've dropped every class with my blinkblade spec war's clerics all of them.
    Last edited by DB1; 02-21-2012 at 11:13 AM.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Ascendant

Good luck killing a healing spec'd cleric in full valor without a healing debuff.

In fact, please show me a video of you doing so. Love to see you kill a warden. Put that on YouTube for me please, thanks.

FYI - MM isn't melee.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Not at all really.

They might ignore you but they aren't ignoring me when I go melee.

I'm much more concerned about a rogue attacking me than a warrior. You guys are doing something wrong if this isn't the case.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 02-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.

(Gear)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    I'm much more concerned about a rogue attacking me than a warrior. You guys are doing something wrong if this isn't the case.
    A visible melee rogue? Do tell which spec this is that you fear so much.

Champion

48-51 NB. With valor gear, it's good. With HK 4PC and a pocket healer, it's one the best healer killing setups in the game.
    Last edited by rennlc; 02-21-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Unless, of course, the other team has a mm with half a brain.

Champion

Depends on the situation. You can counter an MM by speccing enough RS for a set off port buffs to protect SoD, using dark contaminate on the MM while he's attempting to purge you, or by popping sidesteps.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Not at all really.

I'm about as far from arrogant as you can get when it comes to PvP, but if you do that around me or several other rogues I've seen in my battle group, you and your team mates are going to spend a lot of time looking at your surroundings with a greyed out screen.

Not pride or **** talk, just fact.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Telaran

thats why i played battlegrounds two times since 1.7

Plane Walker

I would be the last to say I'm great at PvP because I know there's always someone better. However, just seems to me that since that statement we've seen alot of retractions in the way our abilites have been "adjusted" after that patch, and up to the present.

The upcoming 1.8 nerf to MM and Sin healing abilites just furthers this feeling. I just can't comprehend what Trion is wanting to do with the rogue class. I am mostly playing PvE, but I have gotten to rank 40 and grinded out the top gear to go along with it. (save the range weapon, cause I have the gun from HK and filling out the PA's).

The only true use for the vampiric munitions is PvP. No one would use that in PvE. The Sin skill?...eh, kind of a PvE tank/PvP usable skill. But lowering them both does make me scratch my head. I begin to wonder if our class Dev plays something other than rogue in PvP and is being kill by rogues. Hence the constant "adjustments".

I would go on about how Trion needs to seperate the way skills work in PvE vs. PvP, but no one has listened to this point. Guess it'll just never happen.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Depends on the situation. You can counter an MM by speccing enough RS for a set off port buffs to protect SoD, using dark contaminate on the MM while he's attempting to purge you, or by popping sidesteps.
    A good MM will always beat RS. 3-4 escape/cc moves plus an instant reset. At the very least he should be able to get away if he has to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast