+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cutitarul

Thread: Torn between two assassin PvP builds...lemme know what you think is good.

Default Torn between two assassin PvP builds...lemme know what you think is good.

So I am torn between two PvP builds. I enjoy the whole assassin approach, just waiting for solo stragglers or grps of two and just go to town on the person/persons. I want to max out my burst damage, I don't want to spend too much time in a fight...otherwise I slip away and cry.

I like to kill 1 person --> run away...get my head straight from all the excitment ---> kill some more.

Soo...this was my original goal...found it on a forum...

build 1

but I think I can do more burst with this build I put together...

build 2

I do use final blow after i bleed the enemy - and it does pwn, but dunno I looked at some sin builds and noticed no one ever puts points in it.

Be brutal, let me know what an epic burst build is. Ideally i'd like to keep assassin as primary soul just to be a rebel (ppl be hatin on it).

Thank you ahead of time!
    Last edited by Captain oh captain; 02-21-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Default Fix

Sorry, link is broken...here is my second build.

build 2

Second link leads to an empty Zam build.
    I used your first build a few weeks ago, but didnt enjoyed it, so I switched to http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...qddR.x0L.Vz.-0 .
    Loving it, very good burst, some range dmg, some survivability and fits my playstyle very good.
    Dromihete -Warrior - Gelidra

This is in the wrong sub-forum.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Sorry, let me know which thread is better and if I am able to move my post.

Anyway, that's a nice build but does blinding powder really do much in pvp? If any damage hits them they're free...so it would need to be an opener b/c else wise a DOT would break it no prob. I'll use foul play to keep a player from healing themselves by the time I have them at < 30% life, and go to town.

How do you engage a player? Opener and the like.

Omg, builds without 20ish points in RS! :O
    I love you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanel32 View Post
    A little sexism each day keeps the bikini's at bay.. nothing to see here folks.

As you can realise my build is very stealth dependant. That is why, ussually , I dont go with the whole team in WF , instead I search stragglers or stalk the carriers, or camp the Vault ( in Codex ).
    My favourite opener is assassinate, I rarely use jagged strike. When fighting mages/clerics, i often open up with a paralyzing strike. After building CP, I use impale, or if target is very low on HP, i go for final blow. Blinding powder is very useful for the times i need to get out of a fight, and Slip Away is on cd, as I fight mostly 1 vs 1. In a group fight there is no point in using it. Also use Sidesteps at the beginning of the fight with a melee class.
    The MM attacks are also very useful for targets that escape you when they are very low on HP, but don't use those attacks to fight ranged players with half or more HP bar.
    ATM im at rank 5 ( the rank before patch 1.7) and doing pretty good with this spec. I also use my PvE gear ( T1 raid + crafted set + 2 pieces of the mark of ascension set) rather than my PvP set ( I have the seeker set and one piece of the stalker set) , because it provides much more burst dmg, and for survival I rely mostly on slip away.
    Now, if you ask yourself if this build is useful for the group in a WF, the answer is, yes ! For example, yesterday I killed 3 carriers in Port Scion, and that made the enemy team keep 3 players on guard duty , so they had less players to fight for bridge and other objectives.
    Dromihete -Warrior - Gelidra

Shadowlander

could you list macros to go with build number 2 please?

If I were to play Sin in pvp, I'd probably try something like this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bRdzR.Vot0u.-0

Sure 20 points is better in riftstalker, but I'd rather have the healing debuff from NB, impale and slip away. You still have 2 ports for the dps/crit buff, and shadow shift to help escape.

I also wouldn't skip on blinding powder, it's necessary for when you fight two players by yourself.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread