+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lukiss
  • 2 Post By Petgroup

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Kelari Stealth Weapon Bug

Soulwalker

Default Kelari Stealth Weapon Bug

When playing a Kelari Rogue you can not hold your weapons while in stealth. This simple bug can easily be fixed. TRION WTFFFF

When stealthed the Kelari hold nothing in their hands but when they jump their weapons appear while they are mid-air but disappear as soon as their feet touch the ground. Trion I love this game but I can't bear to see such an obvious flaw be overlooked. This has to be fixed!!!!

I don't know if anyone else noticed but Mathosian and Eth stealth animations have a major clipping issue. When taking steps forward in stealth their off hand weapon goes through their heads. Come on................ Need I say more?? Why isn't anyone bringing this up for discussion? The gameplay is spot on and I love it! This game is great! But there are these little "Why couldn't they fix that?" or "How the hell didn't they notice that?" questions that pop up in my head sometimes.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Hi Lukiss,

Thanks for bringing this up - we took a look and think we know what's going on. Our QA team has submitted put it in the tracker (of course, at this time, we can't provide an ETA when it will be fixed) - cheers!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Having played a Kelari rogue for many hours, I never noticed that.

Pretty awesome, though.

My favorite is that if you have gear with strong base colors, and you dye it, the faint outlines of it when stealthed ignore the dyes.

There's also the "suddenly your whole character including hair and weapons is recolored" bug which has been with us since beta, and I think it's been in patch notes as fixed at least twice. I can still reproduce it fairly consistently. (Go to an environment with environmental effects, either a zone or near a rift or something, and move near a big object so the camera zooms in all the way and back out.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

Thanks! I honestly did not expect to get a reply! Im pretty thrilled atm
    Forgive me for sounding rude in the OP. I understand that many people take games like these for granted and ignore the fact that it requires a lot of hard work from its developers. I hope to be playing this game for many years because I haven't found one as original and fun as Rift and I doubt I ever will. Getting an actual reply from a community manager makes me feel like I'm a part of the community, a feeling I would never have with other mmo's. Thanks again

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    There's also the "suddenly your whole character including hair and weapons is recolored" bug which has been with us since beta, and I think it's been in patch notes as fixed at least twice. I can still reproduce it fairly consistently. (Go to an environment with environmental effects, either a zone or near a rift or something, and move near a big object so the camera zooms in all the way and back out.)
    I swear that one has to be haunting some dev. It's probably their own digital Moriarty.

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    I swear that one has to be haunting some dev. It's probably their own digital Moriarty.
    I like to imagine that it's someone's job description. You know, there's some guy who works on spell mechanics, and some guy who works on timing issues, and so on, and then there's the guy whose sole function since last April has been trying to track down the armor color bug. Worse, he's one of their best devs. When he finally beats that bug, the rate of feature additions to the game will roughly double. (The actual problem: Somewhere, someone is checking whether a thing is zero, thinking it's a pointer, but actually it's an array index. Fifteen programmers have looked RIGHT AT that line of code and not seen it.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I like to imagine that it's someone's job description. You know, there's some guy who works on spell mechanics, and some guy who works on timing issues, and so on, and then there's the guy whose sole function since last April has been trying to track down the armor color bug. Worse, he's one of their best devs. When he finally beats that bug, the rate of feature additions to the game will roughly double. (The actual problem: Somewhere, someone is checking whether a thing is zero, thinking it's a pointer, but actually it's an array index. Fifteen programmers have looked RIGHT AT that line of code and not seen it.)
    Thing is: after that bug is quashed for good, we have to ask ourselves - is this a world worth living in? A world without the chance of my robes suddenly going black and my lining going dark green does not sound like a world with a purpose.

...oddly consistent for a bug though. Always black, and always green... kind of like my character's hair and eyes, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Thing is: after that bug is quashed for good, we have to ask ourselves - is this a world worth living in? A world without the chance of my robes suddenly going black and my lining going dark green does not sound like a world with a purpose.

...oddly consistent for a bug though. Always black, and always green... kind of like my character's hair and eyes, come to think of it.
    It varies by character, but for any specific character, it's always the same. And not always the same as hair color, although it often is. My kelari with teal hair always gets teal -- interestingly, it recolors weapons to teal, too! My kelari with pink hair usually gets pink. But my dwarf, with red-on-red hair, gets recolored to what I think is a different red, and teal. And I had a high elf who always got black-on-black.

Yup the colour change is triggered by momentarily losing your character in the camera view in any other way than 3rd to 1st to 3rd perspective.

Not sure about the environmental effects part of it, Seebs. I can reproduce it anywhere.

The most annoying part of it, for me, is that my Dorf Warrior looks AWESOME with it, why can't our armour and weapons look like
    this
    without
    needing a bug?

I find sometimes on my cleric if I reproduce while mounted on the Keepers' Ash Strider, the mount changes colour also.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

I can only reproduce it sometimes. I thought it was by zone, but it seems that for me, it's any zone that always has environmental effects, or any zone at all if I'm in environmental effects for other reasons. But if I'm just hanging out in Sanctum or Meridian? It doesn't happen to me.

Very weird bug.

Rift Master

I don't know what's more shocking.

The fact that this of all things got a dev reply or the fact that it wasn't even the rogue dev replying or was it 0.o

Get this hammered out for 1.8 asap!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Petgroup; 02-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

I can only reproduce it sometimes. I thought it was by zone, but it seems that for me, it's any zone that always has environmental effects, or any zone at all if I'm in environmental effects for other reasons. But if I'm just hanging out in Sanctum or Meridian? It doesn't happen to me.

Very weird bug.
    It is weird indeed.

There are times of course when I have trouble reproducing it, but not often.
    The first SS, simply running past the mailbox in Sanctum which momentarily lost sight of my character.
    The second, pretty much a 100% reproduction by walking into that little hut in Forlorn Fen.

What is interesting, is the base colour appears to be whatever colour markings/tatoos the character has.
    Both my Warrior and Rogue go the dark rusty colour, which their markings are.
    My cleric goes a pale green, which her markings are.
    My mage, who has no markings, just goes a washed out colour.

I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

Remember everyone the main purpose of this thread was to state the issue of disappearing weapons when kelari enter stealth. Yes there are other bugs in the game but this one is extremely hindering to the kelari rogue experience. Well... for me anyways.

I do not see this effect on Guardian Elf in stealth or Eth, so it must be kelari race specific as posted.

to the other bug, I just dyed my gear green and black. The same as my warrior Bugs to......
    Last edited by Duvain; 02-21-2012 at 06:49 PM.

I just dyed my gear <...> the same as my warrior Bugs to......
    Oh how I wish I could.

I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread