+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mellik

Thread: Rogue Block "Deflect" Gearing solution Ideas

Soulwalker

Default Rogue Block "Deflect" Gearing solution Ideas

I think its fair to say tanking rogues gaining deflect was a needed and welcomed change.

That said, one of the recurring, and valid flaws I have seen pointed out is simply that, as it is the only way to get more of it is by stacking Dex, there is no "deflect rating".

My idea is simple, base deflect off of dodge and parry two stats we CAN gear for.

In the interest of keeping Dex as the "Rogue" stat perhaps have it be calculated that

(60% of Dodge + 40% of Parry) = Deflect Rating.

This would more then likely result in a net gain for all Rogue tanks, but most importantly, would allow us a means to gear for deflect rating, without the need to redo all current rogue gear.

Shadowlander

Pretty sure they're putting +deflect on tank gear for the next tier of content...

Champion

They can change the parry and dodge on leather tanking armor to deflect without negatively affecting warrior tanking gear.

And they can definitely put +Reflect on Essences that have +Block since one stat does not work for the others. Warriors and Clerics won't be effected since they can't use Reflect. And Rogues won't be effected since we can't use Block.

Would be a nice addition to any Rogue Tank Source Engine if we didn't have wasted stats and instead gained the same benefit from them as our other Tankers in Arms.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    And they can definitely put +Reflect on Essences that have +Block since one stat does not work for the others. Warriors and Clerics won't be effected since they can't use Reflect. And Rogues won't be effected since we can't use Block.

Would be a nice addition to any Rogue Tank Source Engine if we didn't have wasted stats and instead gained the same benefit from them as our other Tankers in Arms.
    Second this! We got the short end of the stick on lessors!

Deflect will be on ID gear, I think this issue will be solved just not in the timeframe we may want.

Also strangely the chronicles are now dropping gear that has deflect on it...?

Anyway the devs already said they aren't going to add deflect on current items, so we're going to wait for it, tough titties.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread