+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charliekelly

Thread: My Riftstalker is struggling

Ascendant

Default My Riftstalker is struggling

I just recently turned 26, utilizing this build. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bdRzozo.x0d.-5

Maintaining threat is a piece of cake, but damage mitigation seems really off. With 2.3k health, I feel very, very fragile. What can I do to improve this, and how can improve my build?
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I just recently turned 26, utilizing this build. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...bdRzozo.x0d.-5

Maintaining threat is a piece of cake, but damage mitigation seems really off. With 2.3k health, I feel very, very fragile. What can I do to improve this, and how can improve my build?
    I would take a point out of Rift Barier and put it into Shadow Guard, and i would drop 5 points in BD, those points into Ranger's "Enduring" talent, then go back to filling up BD. Other than that there is not much you can do with your build other than fill up RS as much as you can. Stack Endurance on your gear as much as you can. RS tanks are just squishy...pretty much always.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

reroll warrior

Telaran

Rogue tank gear itemization pre-50 is really terrible. Do yourself a favor, and don't worry about tanking, or acquiring tank gear until you hit 50, since anything you have will need to be replaced then anyway. Otherwise, all you can do is get what gear you can that stacks endurance, and avoidance.

Level appropriate encounters are very gear dependent for tanks. Of course, DPS needs to pull their weight to avoid enrage, but an undergeared tank is hard to keep alive.

You could try and re-arrange points similar to this

Less squishy I would think.

As well, a macro similar to this helps for easy button mashing:

#show planar strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast shadow blitz
    cast side steps
    cast phantom blow
    cast rift disturbance
    cast planar strike

Swap out Twin Strike for Planar Strike when you get that ability. Otherwise the usual make sure you keep guarded steel up, of which your next two talent points should get dumped into Improved Guarded Steel, imo.

nkrebuff is a nice addon to help manage your buffs.

+ Reply to Thread